Sydictive Phuket Beach Bash Kicks Off Today – Amid Confusion And Stringent Rules

Lite Beer

Your examples are getting desperate.......

Really???? These are both famous "public" beaches that are used for commercial events. Other countries don't have a problem with it. Surely Thailand with it's corruption, or imfamous bending of the laws could use a public beach for a commercial event in a similar way.

Maybe you can tell me how they get away with The Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan???? (wow - have a look at the blonde 15 seconds into the clip) :) :)

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The big resorts have private beaches. In any case, we are only talking about one night of the year.

No they don't. They may control access by land, but, you can walk and stay on any beach in Thailand if you arrive by boat.

All beaches in Thailand are owned by His Majesty the King and are open to the general public.

Surprised you didn't know that.........or, did you think that I didn't know that?

No all.

On private Islands are also private beaches!

You go there with a boat, that's not a good idea! In special if you aren't a Thai.

Really???? These are both famous "public" beaches that are used for commercial events. Other countries don't have a problem with it. Surely Thailand with it's corruption, or imfamous bending of the laws could use a public beach for a commercial event in a similar way.

Maybe you can tell me how they get away with The Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan???? (wow - have a look at the blonde 15 seconds into the clip) smile.pngsmile.png

Total nightmare.

• Like 2

The big resorts have private beaches. In any case, we are only talking about one night of the year.

No they don't. They may control access by land, but, you can walk and stay on any beach in Thailand if you arrive by boat.

All beaches in Thailand are owned by His Majesty the King and are open to the general public.

Surprised you didn't know that.........or, did you think that I didn't know that?

No all.

You go there with a boat, that's not a good idea! In special if you aren't a Thai.

Is Phuket a private island? Hasn't the public beach issue at Freedom beach been answered time and time again by the Phuket authorities saying the beach is public?

Let's leave roads, Australia and private islands out of this thread. By the way, there are NO land papers for any land below the high water mark, therefore they belong to HM.

No all.

Is Phuket a private island? Hasn't the public beach issue at Freedom beach been answered time and time again by the Phuket authorities saying the beach is public?

Let's leave roads, Australia and private islands out of this thread. By the way, there are NO land papers for any land below the high water mark, therefore they belong to HM.

You didn't write about Phuket beaches, you wrote:

"All beaches in Thailand are owned by His Majesty the King and are open to the general public."

And that would include all beaches on all private islands, too!

Sry, not my fault!

At Jimi007.

I believe U2 own, not lease, all of their stage, sound and lighting. They also own their own jet airliner to transport it all. Do you know if that's true, Jimi?

I believe they had this stage built. The sound system is Clair Brothers. This show was about 50 semi trucks worth of gear. They had two of these stages and they would leap frog it to the next venue. I'm not sure what company did the lighting, but I could ask my friend who's here visiting as he was the production manager on this show. And I really doubt they own a 747. Most use Rockit Cargo. http://www.rockitcargo.com/content.asp and Stage Call transit. http://www.stagecall.com, which may have been the lighting company. Technology has been changing rapidly in our business, it's not really wise to own your own lights and sound.

I've been in "rock'n'roll cargo", i.e. moving stage and light equipment for shows. RockIt Cargo may be the market leader, and they were our fiercest competitor, but they are not the only one in business. We, like them, chartered airplanes or just used scheduled flights for the equipment. As far as I know, Michael Jackson was the only one who actually owned an aircraft big enough to move the equipment, but then, he had so much equipment that several stages were leapfrogged by seafreight for concerts.

I don't know abut U2, but I would take an educated guess that they did not own a 747 for their stages. In fact, I am sure I would have heard about it if they did.

At Jimi007.

I believe U2 own, not lease, all of their stage, sound and lighting. They also own their own jet airliner to transport it all. Do you know if that's true, Jimi?

I believe they had this stage built. The sound system is Clair Brothers. This show was about 50 semi trucks worth of gear. They had two of these stages and they would leap frog it to the next venue. I'm not sure what company did the lighting, but I could ask my friend who's here visiting as he was the production manager on this show. And I really doubt they own a 747. Most use Rockit Cargo. http://www.rockitcargo.com/content.asp and Stage Call transit. http://www.stagecall.com, which may have been the lighting company. Technology has been changing rapidly in our business, it's not really wise to own your own lights and sound.

I've been in "rock'n'roll cargo", i.e. moving stage and light equipment for shows. RockIt Cargo may be the market leader, and they were our fiercest competitor, but they are not the only one in business. We, like them, chartered airplanes or just used scheduled flights for the equipment. As far as I know, Michael Jackson was the only one who actually owned an aircraft big enough to move the equipment, but then, he had so much equipment that several stages were leapfrogged by seafreight for concerts.

I don't know abut U2, but I would take an educated guess that they did not own a 747 for their stages. In fact, I am sure I would have heard about it if they did.

If they would have a Boing [sic] 747, how big is the chance, they used a MD-83 as band plane for the 360 tour? I guess, Boing[sic] would habe supported them cheap with something from Boing[sic]!

"Romney's plane was previously personalized for the band U2's 360 tour, complete with the lyric "The future needs a big kiss" emblazoned on the nose."

http://politicaltick...s-old-as-he-is/

4928611545_cd9b502e85_z.jpg

Edited by noob7
  • Like 1

Maybe you can tell me how they get away with The Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan???? (wow - have a look at the blonde 15 seconds into the clip) smile.pngsmile.png

Total nightmare.

WAY more guys than girls...No Thanks

Total nightmare.

WAY more guys than girls...No Thanks

Man, it's in Thailand! Before and after the Full Moon!

At Jimi007.

We agree. When Clair Brothers bought out ShowCo, they became a leader in the international touring sound industry. Although I prefer sound systems by Meyer Sound and L'Acoustic.

It's a great idea.....and I hope it grows into being the premier music festival in Asia. There are plenty of other beaches in Phuket if you feel you must have your daily fix of sand and used condoms coffee1.gif

Here is the premier annual music festival in Thailand cool.png

It's a great idea.....and I hope it grows into being the premier music festival in Asia. There are plenty of other beaches in Phuket if you feel you must have your daily fix of sand and used condoms coffee1.gif

It looks great. Amazing what can acheived when you have co-operative and legitimate business minded people in local Government. smile.pngsmile.png

How many billions of baht would that event have generated for the local enonomy there?

Edited by NamKangMan

sure is.... great time there

Yes it does. I've made a good living in the music business. What do you do for a living?

Irrelevant. I'm talking about art, not business. A real music amateur is open minded and at least can respect any style of music he doesn't like.

Have you ever gone to hear a symphonic orchestra live, acoustic, with out amplification? Or blue grass music live without any sound system? I love live acoustic music! When I mix I think about how an instrument sounds naturally, without adding too much to it.

• Like 2

Trance/electronic may be popular in Europe and some other parts of the world, but it is not at all popular in the biggest consumer market in the world, namely the USA.

Electronic dance music is loved all over the world. A couple of examples of big electronic dance music events in USA are the Winter Music Conference and Electric Daisy Carnival.

Winter Music Conference 2012, Miami:

Electric Daisy Carnival 2012:

Thailand's electronic dance music scene(s) though still need a lot of catching up to do.

Edited by hyperdimension