Good Condo Wanted Around Night Bazzar/loh Kroh Please!

Chiangmai Foxy

hi guys,im back in cm for songkran 6th april for 4 weeks.at christmas i stayed at suriwongse for 3 week for 1100baht a night.I might get a condo this time,i heard i can i get a good condo with all the luxaries around this area?(heard there are some around red lion).if so can anyone give me any names.willing to pay a monthly rate,maybe 10,000-15000 for the month.also what is different about a condo vs a hotel.never been in one before.i want good air con as gonna be scorching,good safety deposit,huge bed,fridge,tv etc.thanks

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

Sounds like Royal Lanna would suit you. It's right where you want to be at the junction of Loi Kroh and the Night Bazaar, just across from the Suriwongse, and I think they weekly or monthly rentals. Try this number - 053 818 773.

Huge Bed Eh?

well if you look like your Aviatar I am sure some of us might not mind helping out with the rent :o

Only Joking :D

Tawan Court Hotel does rooms at around 6,000 Baht a month and is 5 mins walk from the night bazzar. Good aircon, rooms are not that big, but we lived there 4 6 months and survived, well more than that actually. Good Breakfasts and room service, washing etc... leaves you more dosh for F.U.N.

www.piangpor.com, click on Tawan Court

Chok dee na!

Book ANYWHERE early though as it gets very busy in CM over that period

Edited by ThaiPauly

Sounds like Royal Lanna would suit you. It's right where you want to be at the junction of Loi Kroh and the Night Bazaar, just across from the Suriwongse, and I think they weekly or monthly rentals. Try this number - 053 818 773.

do you have a link or website for this place.this is what i keep finding,and it is classed as a hotel.over 1000baht a NIGHT.how can this be a condo.see link

http://www.hotels.chiangmai-online.com/roylanna.html

do you have a link or website for this place.this is what i keep finding,and it is classed as a hotel.over 1000baht a NIGHT.how can this be a condo.see link

http://www.hotels.chiangmai-online.com/roylanna.html

I don't think they have one. It is a hotel, although the other three they have in the city are all 100% condos. That link you've put up there is a hotel affiliate and they're unlikely going to show info on booking for long-term. Just give them a call, I'm pretty sure they do weekly or monthly rates.

...also what is different about a condo vs a hotel.never been in one before...

English isn't my native language, so I'm not sure of the exact meaning of "condo" - but I think it refers to something like "a private apartment, owned by an individual". This means that you either buy a condo, or temporarely rent somebody else's condo - usually because, they're going on an extended holiday. I don't know about others, but personally, I wouldn't bother to rent out my living quarters to a stranger for just one month - moving my own cloths, beloved stereo, etc. to somewhere else wouldn't be worth the effort.

its just i heard there are alot of condos in cm.spoke to many people who were staying in cm long stay,ie 1month-6month and so on,they say its better to rent a condo than stay in a hotel for obvious price reasons.dont want a hostel or guesthouse.many of them pay 5-10000 a month for very nice condo.cant remember where though!

Many of the hotel/condo buildings in CM offer two levels of accommodation. If you pay by the night you get electricity/water/fresh towels/sheets every night for free. In this way it resembles a hotel/guesthouse and you pay the appropriate rates say 600bt a night. If you rent the same room by the month you pay separately for electricity & water and usually pay for maid service each time you use it. This is condo accommodation and you pay much less for it, maybe 6000bt a month.

its just i heard there are alot of condos in cm.spoke to many people who were staying in cm long stay,ie 1month-6month and so on,they say its better to rent a condo than stay in a hotel for obvious price reasons.dont want a hostel or guesthouse.many of them pay 5-10000 a month for very nice condo.cant remember where though!

Well there's a few people giving you good info on here, so perhaps best to scout these out first.

Many of the hotel/condo buildings in CM offer two levels of accommodation. If you pay by the night you get electricity/water/fresh towels/sheets every night for free. In this way it resembles a hotel/guesthouse and you pay the appropriate rates say 600bt a night. If you rent the same room by the month you pay separately for electricity & water and usually pay for maid service each time you use it. This is condo accommodation and you pay much less for it, maybe 6000bt a month.

I am sure that Tawan Court Hotel I mentioned only charges 6-7,000 a month, but 600 a night, so thats pretty good value for a hotel, can be as little as 200-250B a day!

I am sure that Tawan Court Hotel I mentioned only charges 6-7,000 a month, but 600 a night, so thats pretty good value for a hotel, can be as little as 200-250B a day!

thanks for that,but are there any websites,for tawan or any others condos around night bazzar area,as i would like to book in advance.dont fancy my chances of getting a decent place if i just turn up,especially week before songkran! cheers