Onsen Hot Springs Resort

CMNightRider

My girlfriend and I visited the OnSen Hot Springs Resort, in Sankampaeng, on New Year's Eve day. In the past, you could spend the day using their hot springs in a private room. The resort now limits your stay to 50 minutes for the same price as the previous day usage. I couldn't help notice that in addition to the limited time you could spend in a room, it appeared they have dismissed their cleaning staff. If that wasn't bad enough, the resort no longer has hot spring water, lol. This is just a heads up for anyone planning on making the drive out there.

• Like 2

Where in the San Kampheng hot springs area is the Onsen resort?? I know the rong arung [sp?] and the public areas, but have never seen Onsen. Thanks for the heads up.

We went out to the public area last week and were amazed at the crowds of BKK people and funny site to see hundreds sitting with their feet dangling in the little stream.

I too, would recommend anyone thinking of going to SK Hot Springs give it a pass until the crowds go away later in the week. We made the mistake of going there on Sunday and when we arrived, not only were the main 2 parking lots completely full (usually like 20-25 cars), but the huge auxiliary lot was full! Cars and buses were backed up to the main road. It was an absolute zoo. The toilets were over-flowing, faucets at sinks were broken and water spraying everywhere, no private rooms available, people pitched tents on every cm of grass available, hundreds and hundreds of Thais from BKK boiling eggs, tourists from Russia, Israel, Egypt, etc. in groups of like 20-30. We finally found a place to sit on the grass when a group of about 25 Israelis sat down next to us and began arguing, shouting at each other in Hebrew. We stuck around for about an hour and got the hell out. It was extremely claustrophobic and people were high as a kite from drinking lao khao, peeing all over the place. It was a miserable experience.

Edited by elektrified

Where in the San Kampheng hot springs area is the Onsen resort?? I know the rong arung [sp?] and the public areas, but have never seen Onsen. Thanks for the heads up.

We went out to the public area last week and were amazed at the crowds of BKK people and funny site to see hundreds sitting with their feet dangling in the little stream.

OnSen Resort is only about a minute or two drive from the San Kampheng Hot Springs. Up until this year, it was a high end resort. They have a web site with photos.

Never ever ever ever go at a Weekend or Public Holiday time, mid week is best.

The OnSen Resort only had a small group checking in as we were leaving. Those people were from Bangkok. I would imagine they left too after discovering the resort didn't have hot spring water. It's too bad the resort is in disarray. It had been a good alternative to the public hot springs in the past.