Musical Instrument Shops - Do We Have?

jackr

I've seen one in Central up on the top floor somewhere and a proper looking one on the way to the bus station, but does anyone know of a specific place that does pianos...upright ones? Second hand and in-tune would be good.

Cheers

Acoustics towards the railway station has a showroom full of new pianos. He might be able to advise you as to where you could find an inexpensive one. I have had him rebuild some of my fiddles and can vouch for his craftsmanship and reasonable prices in that area. Why don't you get an electronic keyboard as they are easier to find and less of a problem. If you want Acoustics address I can email my brother-in-law in Chiang Mai and have him email it to you.

Cheers. Is Acoustics along Thanon Charoen Muang, helitool? By towards the railway station, do you mean in between the city and the railway station and which side of the road? I'll let you know if I can't find it and then you can email your brother-in-law if you like ;-).

That could be the one I'm thinking of p1p when I mentioned on the way to the bus station.

Cheers.

BTW, I already have a pretty substantial synth, Alesis QS6, but you can't beat the real thing and I want my boy tinkering on the heavy ivories from the outset.

Yes, I bought a good, second-hand Yamaha from them for my children to learn. They also have very good service dept., moving/tuning etc. So I can recommend them. Misplaced the number though.

Thanks p1p, I'll check them out later. Do you know where to hire cranes? May have a job slinging him over the upstairs balcony :D Nothing that half a dozen abled bodies couldn't overcome though I'm sure. :o

Get a crane from Nim See Seng. They have a big site just past the turning from the Superhighway to Route 1001, Mae Jo university & CM Ram 2 Hospital.

(On the CM side, South side of the highway there. You will see trucks & cranes parked just off the road). Square G1 on This Map.