Building In Yasothon

riepan963

Anyone with personal experience in house-building in the Yasothon area. I would especially like to know if you found any decent builders merchants in either Yaso or Amnat willing to negotiate prices. I guess Global House has not reached there yet but are there any Homepro or similar?

Thanks in advance

Global House has recently opened in Mukdahan and there is another one under construction, not sure who. Apart from that there is Sakon Nakon to go to. Good luck finding a builder and if it's on the Girls land don't forget to take out a 30 year lease at the land office.

There is a Global House in Roi-Et for more than 10 years, in fact the owner is from Roi-Et. Several other shops like Global can be found too and several builders. Follow the ringroad left hand if you are coming from Yaso, direction Mahasarakam

Edited by hanuman2543

Thanks for tips guys. I'm surprised Global House has been in Roi-et for 10 years as I thought they had only been around Isaan for a few years with Sak Nak being one of the first.

I appreciate the comments about the lease but I probably won't be living there anyway -- it is actually only a modest place for the missus after her 12 years taking care of me. I'll probably continue living 250kms away in our rented place as I never have really liked the Yaso area. Builder is already on hand so I'm just trying to get the best deals for the materials.

Thai Watsadu in Ubon or Roi-Et...... they actually have helpful staff too.....

I know a few guys who have built houses here in Yasothon and all have had good experiences so far.....

Best of luck with your venture.

Thanks for that. Roi-et seems favourite at the moment as there is a direct road towards the site which is near Phanom Phai. I'll be through there in a few months to get the ball rolling. It would be good to hear from those guys (by pm) who have had previous experience in the area.

If you go to the Ubon Thai Watsadu there is a guy there that speaks perfect English as he worked abroad for years.... very helpful and can order stuff if they dont have in stock. His name is Ping Pong (I kid you not)

I'm going to start collecting a list of the builders in the area so I can give to my customers in the restaurant.... Will send on when I have more info.

If you go to the Ubon Thai Watsadu there is a guy there that speaks perfect English as he worked abroad for years.... very helpful and can order stuff if they dont have in stock. His name is Ping Pong (I kid you not)

I'm going to start collecting a list of the builders in the area so I can give to my customers in the restaurant.... Will send on when I have more info.

Thanks for that - I have sent you a pm

I built a house, swimming pool and resort with bungalows in Phanomphrai 25 km south of Yasothon. Global in Roi-et recommend local builders which are good for thai styled houses. blink.png My thai wife found a local builder for the house and resort. Had to supervise it every day in order to meet my request for good quality. Everything is rock solid built thumbsup.gif Material was bought in global house Roi-et.smile.png 16 x 8 meter swimming pool was built by a Pattaya pool supplier.

Edited by roiet

I built a house, swimming pool and resort with bungalows in Phanomphrai 25 km south of Yasothon. Global in Roi-et recommend local builders which are good for thai styled houses. blink.png My thai wife found a local builder for the house and resort. Had to supervise it every day in order to meet my request for good quality. Everything is rock solid built thumbsup.gif Material was bought in global house Roi-et.smile.png 16 x 8 meter swimming pool was built by a Pattaya pool supplier.

Thanks for the info -- I have sent you a pm

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Loeng Nok Tha for the last month. Visited Mukdahan a number of times. There is a very large Global Store just opened there about 2km before town. Very impressive, bought a new washing machine for the house. Some irrigation valves, light fittings.....good range of product. Hope this helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I live in Yasothon. There are several decent building suppliers here, the most popular being Homemart who are a nationwide business. Prices are competitive as they have plenty of competition locally. As for builders - plenty of them about town looking at the amount of new build projects going up but as usual with Thai builders, you have to be present when work is in progress as your your house will not look as you planned it!! I supervised my own build fortunately as my Thai in laws built it to UK spec standards. I guess this post is probably too late to be useful to you now as time has passed on, would be interested to see how you got on. Dave

I built 5 years ago 40 Kms south of Yaso and got most of my materials from Global House in Roi Et, my wife got a discount card from them (not sure if they still do one) on the basis of what was going to be spent there. Also they were the only place selling UPVC windows at the time.

Now you have Thai Watsudu just up the road as well and I think their prices are quite competitive.

Good Luck