New Camera

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indeed, World Camera offers attractive price on most products. yet, from shop to shop of World Camera, price could be quite different. really depend on how hard to check every branch.

Yes; we have found different pricing at different branches. Usually, Fortunetown has been lowest. I was surprised to Lad Phrao beating them.

good hints . . . need to check Fortune and Lad Phrao too ! also, different shop has different promotion offer.

I am looking for a Canon DSLR. World Camera MBR was the highest, then Digital Gateway was hundreds baht lower than that of Pantip, and unexpectedly Central World was thousands baht lower than that of Digital Gateway !

Big Camera is too big and not even offer a market price, their offer price was higher than the shelf price in PowerBuy :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to you guys i want to show my first real cam!

Thanks for all the good listening to me and your splendid advicethumbsup.gif

Congratulations!

That will give you a good boost to enjoy capturing the life with your new camera. Well, come to think of it.. you already have it, so enjoy your flying in low altitudes :)

What camera did you use previously?

Thanks to you guys i want to show my first real cam!

Thanks for all the good listening to me and your splendid advicethumbsup.gif

Congratulations!

That will give you a good boost to enjoy capturing the life with your new camera. Well, come to think of it.. you already have it, so enjoy your flying in low altitudes smile.png

What camera did you use previously?

Thank you Mr Oilinky! Can i surprise you ^ ^ about 6000 shots with my trusty...

post-70928-0-79712900-1361206987_thumb.j

whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Good, OLD, Nokia.

I'm exited to see what you'll take with your new camera. Please consider to use Picasa or some similar program/web service to share you images. The one's which are shared here with 800px wide are generally much more easy to look at.

Nice! I recently bought a Canon Powershot S95, used. The battery had exceeded its useful life and with a full charge will take just two pictures. So now I am waiting for two new batteries that I ordered. :(

What little I've used it, it will be just right for what I need. It is very small and easy to put into a shirt pocket, or wear on a belt holster.

• Like 1

When I got my new camera I brought spare battery a the same time as some reviews said that the battery can not last for too long.. well, for the past 1 and 1/2 months I have changed the battery 1 time during taking photos (normally 300-400 photos a day).

The boost of getting a new camera is not only the quality of the images, but also the feeling to go out there to the streets and snaps shots. The fun part.

When I got my new camera I brought spare battery a the same time as some reviews said that the battery can not last for too long.. well, for the past 1 and 1/2 months I have changed the battery 1 time during taking photos (normally 300-400 photos a day).

The boost of getting a new camera is not only the quality of the images, but also the feeling to go out there to the streets and snaps shots. The fun part.

Correct ! Being able to hang out and walk the streets and have that cam ready "safety off" in your holster is my thing. With the pro-cam around my neck i feel it's too much 'forced'.

Still have to post process the pics before i out them on picasa, though.. There is no free image site for me?

So when is your next 'tour' Mr. Neversure?

Exactly my thought. Spare battery. Are they still available? Sure a new battery for an old cam is rare..

I'm taking the photos the same way you are doing.

Just download the Picasa Windows/Mac/Linux program , it's all free. It's a great program to do simple processing for the photos. It will also manage the uploading of the pictures to the cloud (picasaweb).

Good and really simple way to manage and share photos. The way Google can do.. :) Many of us are using it, all free.

Still have to post process the pics before i out them on picasa, though.. There is no free image site for me?

Being a Mac guy, I haven't tested this. But, it looks interesting:

http://www.serif.com...iting-software/

The freebie version is good but it's a bit of a nagmonster.

Looked like it had some good features. I guess we now know the catch!

There is always GIMP, although I hear that PC users have a hard time finding a "clean" version.

Exactly my thought. Spare battery. Are they still available? Sure a new battery for an old cam is rare..

I bet if you look on ebay, you'll find loads of online stores in Asia who will send you one.

• Like 1

Dancealot, on 22 Feb 2013 - 01:14, said:

Before posting on Picasa for instance i would like to insert a © name in every shot. How do i do this?

On Picasa PC program: Tools -> Options -> Google+ Photos

Select "Watermarks" and add what you wish.

Dancealot, on 22 Feb 2013 - 01:14, said:

Before posting on Picasa for instance i would like to insert a © name in every shot. How do i do this?

On Picasa PC program: Tools -> Options -> Google+ Photos

Select "Watermarks" and add what you wish.

Thanks Oilinky, whats the avatar transformation all about? Positive changes?

Is Picasa good with fedora, os? I use Ubuntu. Microsoft windows has too many limitations for me.

Edited by Dancealot

Is Picasa good with fedora, os? I use Ubuntu. Microsoft windows has too many limitations for me.

You are welcome. The avatar is a local water dragon, which is probably most beautiful statue that I know.. Changes are good for us every now and then smile.png

I'm using Kubuntu 12.11 with picasa 3.9. I don't know how to make it work with fedora. I had at first some problems with the Google+ / google authentication and had to play around with different IE versions under wine to make it work with ubuntu.

Here are some guides

http://askubuntu.com/questions/86452/how-would-i-install-picasa-3-9

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/install-picasa-39-in-linux-and-fix.html

You are welcome. The avatar is a local water dragon, which is probably most beautiful statue that I know.. Changes are good for us every now and then smile.png

I'm using Kubuntu 12.11 with picasa 3.9. I don't know how to make it work with fedora. I had at first some problems with the Google+ / google authentication and had to play around with different IE versions under wine to make it work with ubuntu.

Here are some guides

http://askubuntu.com/questions/86452/how-would-i-install-picasa-3-9

http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/install-picasa-39-in-linux-and-fix.html

Thanks, I am happy you said changes are good for us once in awhile.

I see we are not the only posters here using ubuntu...

• 1 month later...

Struggling figuring out shutter speed and aperture. Thinking about how i can sync these to make pics of fast moving object.

I laid down under the ceiling fan to take a rest and then it hit me and i had a moment of clarity!!

I looked up to the ceiling fan and started playing around with the Powershot

Bear in mind please i know absolutely ziltch about pro photography. And dont understand this pro babble as well. So i will put it in my own words.

The nifty thing about the s100 is i can manually adjust shutter speed/ISO and zoom with seperate turning knobs so its very easy to get all the right settings for 1 situation.

The situation: Ceiling fan;

Initial snap for fun

post-70928-0-86959100-1364104551_thumb.j

Adjusted shutter speed to try to get the blades to freeze, not enough light here as well

post-70928-0-85821000-1364104570_thumb.j

Set shutter speed wrong(must be the heat) but the light(ISO) is better

post-70928-0-77870400-1364104575_thumb.j

Shutter speed faster keep the same light, i feel i am close now

post-70928-0-43079200-1364104585_thumb.j

Minor adjustments to go

post-70928-0-39082500-1364104593_thumb.j

Home free! Now i can apply this knowledge to more situations.

post-70928-0-26279000-1364104615_thumb.j post-70928-0-72842100-1364105073_thumb.j

Thank you

• Like 2

Whats wrong with a leica? That cam looks good to me. Still doesnt fit n my pocket though unless i detach the lens.

great cameras but they and the lenses are very expensive, they have a new one thta ONLY shoots b&w and costs $6,000

The nikon 5200 is a nice entry level 35mm dslr

Edited by phuketrichard

Whats wrong with a leica? That cam looks good to me. Still doesnt fit n my pocket though unless i detach the lens.

great cameras but they and the lenses are very expensive, they have a new one thta ONLY shoots b&w and costs $6,000

That's the old one now, been out many months! The "new" one is the M240 which is only a few weeks old. Also a staggering price.

Struggling figuring out shutter speed and aperture. Thinking about how i can sync these to make pics of fast moving object.

I laid down under the ceiling fan to take a rest and then it hit me and i had a moment of clarity!!

I looked up to the ceiling fan and started playing around with the Powershot

I really like this experiment. Good way to understand how camera works. :)

• 4 months later...

I am satisfied with the Canon S100 with thanks to all your advice, here. I don't want a big carry around cam so I am sticking to pocket cam.

Learned some tricks from you and learning more everyday. Now me old S100 has a spot on the lens and is the iron(read heavy) version. Also it got battered and was abused by me too much this year..

So i am looking for a lightweight pocket cam that has all the characteristics of the S100. Most important to me are the 2 manual dials(1 around the lens and 1 on the back) which can be pre-programmed to handle functions such as focus, shutter time, etc. The HDR option is a + as well after i learned to combine the self-timer with HDR..whistling.gif . I am not afraid to ask questions because I know I am a novice and I see from asking (maybe stupid) questions I learned more from you.

Light sensitivity is my new project. This helps so much in getting a better shot which has not been over-exposed.

I am thinking the plastic S110 now.

Thanks

Edited by Dancealot