Amenities In Chiang Rai

pwllgrgn

Hi

I am coming to live in Thailand in 2007. I am considering Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai. Did consider Phuket but decided against it. We are looking for somewhere that is quiet and peaceful. Are ther plenty of amenties in Chiang Rai eg international standard hospitals, supermarket, drs etc? Also are their any vets and shops to buy dog food? Have done a search on internet but cannot find much info on Chiang Rai. Would be grateful for any advice

The expat community is much much larger in Chiang Mai so if you feel that you will want to have lots of expat friends of different types to hang out with then Chiang Mai is a better bet....but Chiang Rai does have quite a few expats and it is a lot quiter here. Just remember that in the Chiang Rai forum the big three topics on the first page are 1. Bowling, 2. Ghosts, and 3. Visa runs. This gives you an idea of what is on the minds of the expats here in Chiang Rai.

Hi

Its not important to us to have lots of ex pats friends to hang out with as we keep pretty much to ourselves. I am much more interested in basic amenties to live eg hospitals, drs, dentists, vets,supermarket to buy essentials etc. Which are the best areas to live in? Also do they have pet friendly rentals as I will need to rent a house before we arrive? :o

Hi

Its not important to us to have lots of ex pats friends to hang out with as we keep pretty much to ourselves. I am much more interested in basic amenties to live eg hospitals, drs, dentists, vets,supermarket to buy essentials etc. Which are the best areas to live in? Also do they have pet friendly rentals as I will need to rent a house before we arrive? :o

Don't worry, what you mentioned above are easily available here in chiang rai.

I've been here more than 20 years and am happily entrenched in Chiang Mai, but if I had to start over again somewhere, I would definitely choose the Chiang Rai area. Best potential for a good quality of life in the future, in my view.