Annual Trip Booked

tomato

I'm coming to Thailand next month for my annual trip and I plan to fish Bungsamran,Hua Hin fishing lodge,Jurassic park and Cha'am fishing park.Can't wait. As my hotel is on the beach near Cha'am,is it worth casting a line out from the beach?

I haven't fished at Cha'am fishing park before,I've visited and had a beer there and watched other anglers pull out loads of small sawai(about 10 lbs) but from the other posts on this forum it seems there are plenty of monsters in there.

I'm coming to Thailand next month for my annual trip and I plan to fish Bungsamran,Hua Hin fishing lodge,Jurassic park and Cha'am fishing park.Can't wait. As my hotel is on the beach near Cha'am,is it worth casting a line out from the beach?

I haven't fished at Cha'am fishing park before,I've visited and had a beer there and watched other anglers pull out loads of small sawai(about 10 lbs) but from the other posts on this forum it seems there are plenty of monsters in there.

No point trying to fish in the sea at Cha am, nothing of any worth there, yes there are monsters in Cha am and at a fraction of the cost of these other places you will be visiting, John Wilson's brother who runs Greenfields fishes at Cha am often, this should tell you how good Cha am fishing park is.

When do you plan to fish Cha Am as I intend to go there with a mate next month, maybe we can coincide out visits! We always stay at the fishing park, beds are hard but for a couple of nights it's good value and just a very short walk to the lake!

Edited by dogpoo

Biggest problem with fishing the sea as well is that unless you thoroughly rinse your reels and get all the salt off your reels, they wont remain healthy for long. I can't count the number of reels I've had turn to junk thanks to the salt water. bah.gif

With my top end gear it would mean fully dissasembling and re-assembling. Can't be bothered when you might catch a 1lb something if anything.

Biggest problem with fishing the sea as well is that unless you thoroughly rinse your reels and get all the salt off your reels, they wont remain healthy for long. I can't count the number of reels I've had turn to junk thanks to the salt water. bah.gif

With my top end gear it would mean fully dissasembling and re-assembling. Can't be bothered when you might catch a 1lb something if anything.

There would be a strong possibility you might catch dogpoo!!

• 2 months later...

Heres a report of my fishing trips:

Bungsamran: A quiet day by BSR standards,but I picked a holiday weekend when it was dead busy and noisy

Hua Hin fishing lodge: Very enjoyable fishing,lots of species and a very friendly place.

Jurassic Park : Non stop bites from redtails and carp up to about 40lb.

Cha am fishing park; Sawai dead easy to catch, one a chuck.The Mekhong fishing with a lump of paste being free-lined was the most enjoyable method.Thought my carp rod was going to break.

For the money,Cha am has to be the best value and a great day's fishing.

Heres a report of my fishing trips:

Bungsamran: A quiet day by BSR standards,but I picked a holiday weekend when it was dead busy and noisy

Hua Hin fishing lodge: Very enjoyable fishing,lots of species and a very friendly place.

Jurassic Park : Non stop bites from redtails and carp up to about 40lb.

Cha am fishing park; Sawai dead easy to catch, one a chuck.The Mekhong fishing with a lump of paste being free-lined was the most enjoyable method.Thought my carp rod was going to break.

For the money,Cha am has to be the best value and a great day's fishing.

What was the cost of the fishing venues? What was the best days fishing re cost etc, did you have a beer at this Jurassic resort?

I think everyone on here knows the cost of Bungsamran.Hua Hin was 2500 Baht (included bait,soft drinks,lunch and transport as well as tackle).Jurassic was 3900 Baht (included tackle and transport).The clubhouse isn't finished yet but you can order beer and food from a local shop on site.Cha am cost 600 Baht for 2 rods and bags of bread crumb and a loaf for bait(tackle hire not included).Cha am could have been 200 Baht cheaper as there is absolutely no need for 2 rods.

Cha am was by far best value for money and the method involved ( freelining the bread paste ) the most enjoyable.

I will have to try the fishery just outside of Cha am, Khao Yai .