Old Houses

Charlie1

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Bill3173 ... you are a difficult act to follow!

attachicon.gifLR DSCF5553.JPG . attachicon.gifLR DSCF5528.JPG . attachicon.gifLR DSCF6399.JPG

. Eastern Profile. . Northern Profile.. Western Profile.

Still lived in.

Three adults and a young Boy.

Thanks, took a lot of practice to get the best out of the camera (Fuji XE-1); and still learning. Night time settings are completely different to day time (And DAL I shoot JPEG tongue.png)

Still lived in.

Thanks, took a lot of practice to get the best out of the camera (Fuji XE-1); and still learning. Night time settings are completely different to day time (And DAL I shoot JPEG tongue.png)

@ David great old housethumbsup.gif

@ Bill I took on JPG quickly after..wink.png

post-70928-0-20413300-1370460180_thumb.j post-70928-0-84539900-1370460490_thumb.j

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hunting shack by Cradle Mountain lake Tasmania.

Taken with Lumix G2 then messed around with border in camera bag (Mac)

Lovely shot! I know that place well. We have a farm over the other side.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the UK and the lady was amazed at the age of the places over there.

One place we stayed in was built in 1610, That's over 400 yrs old she says in amazement, back in Thailand a house is falling down after 50 years.

This one ; the takeover by vegetation is almost complete.

post-12069-0-11529700-1382620244_thumb.j

4311540628_a13525bfc3_b.jpg

Look like used to be a rich house, or small palace resort for a well to do...if i have money i'd loved to renovate and keep them, so sorry to see it rotten down....

It's a passion. I have a lot of books on the subject of Thai architectural heritage. I think you can recreate these reasonably cheaply.

In the village here my wealthier friends are building multiple new homes, in the modern fashion. They look completely out of place. I drive past thinking I've moved to metropolitan Sweden.

attachicon.gifLR DSCF5553.JPG . attachicon.gifLR DSCF5528.JPG . attachicon.gifLR DSCF6399.JPG

Still lived in.

Nice pictures, night time photo is great too. thumbsup.gif

Still lived in.

Nice pictures, night time photo is great too. thumbsup.gif

The revolutionary Fuji X-Trans sensor, very low noise at high ISO.

Somebody's dream that for lack of forethought must have turned into a nightmare as they watched the water rise

post-12069-0-76658300-1383106788_thumb.j

A nice hotel on the bank of the river with a great view.

post-12069-0-11136400-1383106994_thumb.j

The main entrance.

post-12069-0-73652900-1383106922_thumb.j

The dining room and bar area.

post-12069-0-35464300-1383107064_thumb.j

Each bedroom with en suit

post-12069-0-66212900-1383107151_thumb.j

And western style toilet.

Somebody's dream that for lack of forethought must have turned into a nightmare as they watched the water rise

attachicon.gifhotel.JPG

A nice hotel on the bank of the river with a great view.

attachicon.gifentrance.JPG

The main entrance.

attachicon.gifdining.JPG

The dining room and bar area.

attachicon.gifbed.jpg

Each bedroom with en suit

attachicon.giftoilet.JPG

And western style toilet.

That requires demolition. I'm sorry to say that Robby, but I just feel the need to go and demolish it.

8787996502_cccc0785ae_b.jpg

That requires demolition. I'm sorry to say that Robby, but I just feel the need to go and demolish it.

These places don't seem to get demolished unless somebody buys the land and wants to build something else.

In this case I cant see anyone wanting that bit of land with the obvious flood risk.

It will probably eventually be undermined and fall in the river.

Couldn't help feeling sad when I walked around inside it, not only for the dream that went bad but the money that was lost, could be that it sent someone broke.

The real shame though are places like fabianfred's old house which could still be made into a great place to live.

Saw something similar on Koh Chang, the Ranong one. At the north end of the island away from everything else is what was once a resort, they said it was owned by a German, the main house was still in quite good condition and locked up but all the small cottages were either gone or falling to bits.

Would have loved to live there, by the sea and away from the mobs of people with a boat to go fishing and to town and a garden.

Archived