Old Houses

Charlie1

That requires demolition. I'm sorry to say that Robby, but I just feel the need to go and demolish it.

These places don't seem to get demolished unless somebody buys the land and wants to build something else.

In this case I cant see anyone wanting that bit of land with the obvious flood risk.

It will probably eventually be undermined and fall in the river.

Couldn't help feeling sad when I walked around inside it, not only for the dream that went bad but the money that was lost, could be that it sent someone broke.

The real shame though are places like fabianfred's old house which could still be made into a great place to live.

Saw something similar on Koh Chang, the Ranong one. At the north end of the island away from everything else is what was once a resort, they said it was owned by a German, the main house was still in quite good condition and locked up but all the small cottages were either gone or falling to bits.

Would have loved to live there, by the sea and away from the mobs of people with a boat to go fishing and to town and a garden.

There's a whole cult you've touched upon here, Robby.

(I said 'cult'. Dirty minds!)

Google 'Urban explorer forums'. Fascinating stuff.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry about the confusion folks.

After showing the photo to my Missus she said it looked old and spooky BUT the new motorbike didn't look right in the image.facepalm.gif

So I edited the motorbike out,softened and darkened the image a little.After I uploaded it to Picasa I saw that it had replaced the original image

and that is why I assumed that the first image would go walkabout.

This is the original photo,at first I was going to delete it,but after zooming in on the spirit house I saw something in the image that interested

me and thought I would have a play around with it.......still learning rolleyes.gif

post-126208-0-89404300-1385217328_thumb.

The last one is better, Shaggy.

It add more gloom and mistique to the atmosphere.

they look identical to me blink.png

Not on my new Monitor.......wink.png

The second photo is obviously darker and details like the motorbike under the house have been darkened to black.

sorry but i've been staring at posts #68 & #69 for ten minutes, and i can't see a motorbike under the house in either. I'm using a 32" monitor too. rolleyes.gif

The second photo is obviously darker and details like the motorbike under the house have been darkened to black.

sorry but i've been staring at posts #68 & #69 for ten minutes, and i can't see a motorbike under the house in either. I'm using a 32" monitor too. rolleyes.gif

It's sort of like the good old Spy's invisible ink ... you need to rub lemon on the screen and the image will appear ...

... and yes, he is a dick.

It's sort of like the good old Spy's invisible ink ... you need to rub lemon on the screen and the image will appear ...

... and yes, he is a dick.

I hope Goshawk has a large oven to put the 32" monitor in to reveal the hidden motorbike!

I hope Goshawk has a large oven to put the 32" monitor in to reveal the hidden motorbike!

i don't know what you are seeing...but i assure you, they are identical on my server..both dark, virtually black, under the house...they even have the same exact image id - 20130729-P1030523-001.jpg

just checked & look the same on my super oled galaxy S3 screen too... laugh.png

i don't know what you are seeing...but i assure you, they are identical on my server..both dark, virtually black, under the house...they even have the same exact image id - 20130729-P1030523-001.jpg

just checked & look the same on my super oled galaxy S3 screen too... laugh.png

I am not pulling your chain, but I see the same photo but at two different levels of highlight/shadows. In 68 I can see the motorbike quite clearly under the house but in 69 it is not discernible.

nope.... not here boyo.

just swithed to another higher contrast smaller 22" monitor... 68 & 69 are identical. no bike, just blacked out on both

thats 2 HD monitors (one is my prime Photoshop job... it's sharp) & a super oled display... smile.png we'll agree to disagree, ok.. thumbsup.gif

(i'll try some carrot juice...that might do it!?!)

yes...very clearly.

but that's not what i see in shaggys posts....on my screen & on this connection, they are BOTH #69 ! laugh.png

wierd....explain that..

concur... same here.

I must admit ... I can't see the bike in the first photo, #68.

Mind you, I can clearly see it in what fiddlesticks did with the photos.

My only thought is that maybe fiddlesticks hasn't cleared his cache and is looking at an older version of the photo and it has been updated since ... just a theory mind you.

shaggy1969 ... such controversy you have whipped up!

yes...very clearly.

but that's not what i see in shaggys posts....on my screen & on this connection, they are BOTH #69 ! laugh.png

wierd....explain that..

concur... same here.

Oh no! Goshawk may really have a solid point now!tongue.png Thanks Hans.

I just checked,.... still different. It could be plausible since the file names are identical post 68 could be stored as post data on some pc's and after the alteration as been made by shaggy the original file was replaced. Bu not the post data in some computers,,,,

yes...very clearly.

wierd....explain that..

concur... same here.

I must admit ... I can't see the bike in the first photo, #68.

Mind you, I can clearly see it in what fiddlesticks did with the photos.

My only thought is that maybe fiddlesticks hasn't cleared his cache and is looking at an older version of the photo and it has been updated since ... just a theory mind you.

shaggy1969 ... such controversy you have whipped up!

Yup, give David the cigar! Just rebooted and now they look the same. For a while Goshawk, I thought maybe it was because of the Leo beer you drink (sorry, meant carrot juice) but now both 68 and 69 look the same. wai2.gif

Archived