Apple Cider Vinegar For Weight Loss ... Any Feedback?

Jingthing

JT,

Nothing wrong with taking it, and like all topic it often goes OT its normal. Anyway, i do believe in eating and drinking healthy. I always read your restaurant reviews (not that i eat in pattaya but its a nice read at times). Just always thought of you as someone who really likes to eat and for who food is a big priority. That is probably why you think the way you think.

Really likes to eat kind of implies a person who is eating all day and/or is not conscious of the health implications of what you eat, including portion size. I think you have falsely stereotyped me.

I got exactly the same impression as Robblok from reading 1000's of your posts on eating and restaurants over the years. My mind's image of you is a porker weighing 250 - 300 lbs in poor health. People have a fairly good idea of how we look because it's well documented on here and forum members have seen us, but you are a mystery and we can only use our imagination.

This is such a supportive environment. coffee1.gif

Won't be seeing me on any documentaries about having to bulldoze me out of my room or as I have stated featured on Men's Health.

Edited by Jingthing

Won't be seeing me on any documentaries about having to bulldoze me out of my room or as I have stated featured on Men's Health.

We are supportive. Robblok is exceptional in that area. I'm not quite so patient, but a lot of people don't like hearing the truth about losing weight - it's takes a huge effort.

LOL...I didn't think you'd need a bulldozer though, because I figure you must walk a fair bit not having your own transport and getting to all those restaurants off the beaten track. Walking is very good exercise.

We are supportive. Robblok is exceptional in that area. I'm not quite so patient, but a lot of people don't like hearing the truth about losing weight - it's takes a huge effort.

LOL...I didn't think you'd need a bulldozer though, because I figure you must walk a fair bit not having your own transport and getting to all those restaurants off the beaten track. Walking is very good exercise.

Do you think I don't know losing weight takes a lot of effort? Why else do you think I cited the facts that the vast majority of people FAIL in keeping off lost weight? Do you think I haven't lost many hundreds of pounds in my lifetime, again and again and again? Oy vey. I came here to discuss ACV because I thought some other people may have tried it and could offer some information. I never once suggested it might be some kind of magical answer. I never once suggested (and neither did the "quack" doctor) that taking some kind of booster means you still don't have to be careful about what you eat nor does it negate the need to move your body.

I KNOW there is no magical answer. Unlike some, I HOPE someday there will be, medical science does offer almost magical answers for some OTHER medical issues. I HOPE someday this will happen for obesity. I won't have any moral problem at all if it is SUPER EASY for the patients then. No pain no gain is a total crock if there is a better choice, unless you're a masochist. I reckon if there is a "magic" answer it will be some kind of genetic engineering thing that is tailored to the INDIVIDUAL.

It seems to me there are some so called "experts" on this forum with very strong opinions, yes only OPINIONS, who think they have all the answers for all humanity.

A fat patient goes to a doctor. The doctor yells at him, you're too fat! You need to eat less and exercise more! You're going to die! You're a pig! You think that helps? Same kind of unthinking moralism here. I find it appaling.

Edited by Jingthing

Do you think I don't know losing weight takes a lot of effort? Why else do you think I cited the facts that the vast majority of people FAIL in keeping off lost weight? Do you think I haven't lost many hundreds of pounds in my lifetime, again and again and again? Oy vey. I came here to discuss ACV because I thought some other people may have tried it and could offer some information. I never once suggested it might be some kind of magical answer. I never once suggested (and neither did the "quack" doctor) that taking some kind of booster means you still don't have to be careful about what you eat nor does it negate the need to move your body.

I KNOW there is no magical answer. Unlike some, I HOPE someday there will be, medical science does offer almost magical answers for some OTHER medical issues. I HOPE someday this will happen for obesity. I won't have any moral problem at all if it is SUPER EASY for the patients then. No pain no gain is a total crock if there is a better choice, unless you're a masochist. I reckon if there is a "magic" answer it will be some kind of genetic engineering thing that is tailored to the INDIVIDUAL.

It seems to me there are some so called "experts" on this forum with very strong opinions, yes only OPINIONS, who think they have all the answers for all humanity.

A fat patient goes to a doctor. The doctor yells at him, you're too fat! You need to eat less and exercise more! You're going to die! You're a pig! You think that helps? Same kind of unthinking moralism here. I find it appaling.

JT

I think you are being overly sensitive here. After all you have posted this on the I am too fat forum so it is not surprising that people make comments about weight loss here.

Further you are using ACV in the hope that it might help lose some weight and you are known for you love of food and restaurant reviews so people will invariably draw conclusions whether they are just or not.

Anyway I know ACV is great for gout and some other medical conditions as well but I think you need to try and get the organic unfiltered one for best results.

I have absolutely no problem if there was a magic pil, but there is not. So now its up to people who are overweight to do it themselves. It is possible, only it would mean sacrifice and doing things they don't like to do. (eat less exercise and eat healthy) instead of going for nice things. If it was up to me id eat a big swenson's icecream a day and some crisps too and gulp down a liter of pepsi. I don't because i like to keep in shape and good health.

Not everyone makes that choice and i respect that, what i don't respect (not saying you do JT) is people who are overweight complaining about it but not willing to make the sacrifices that are needed. You obviously know how to loose weight as you state yourself, so it is possible only you always fall back in your old patern (else you would not gain it back). Diet is a lifestyle choice and not something that you can do for a short while and revert back.

The reason why that surgery is so successful is because it takes no effort from the person who has had it. People can loose weight and keep it off, but the effort is not the same for everyone some people have an easier time keeping it of as others but EVERYONE can do it (barred real medical problems).

I fit in the category with a low MBR, i workout a lot and people who do what i would do would in general be able to eat more and loose more weight. I don't like it but i got lean anyway. I can bitch about it (like i do now) but in the end i learn to live with it.

I am real supportive of people because i know how hard it is, i have been there still am in a way that i workout a lot and watch my food rigorously and probably will for a long time but on my recent holiday i found out that making healthy choices (and not going for the nicest stuff not drinking those delicious fruit smoothies all the time but just 1) would still keep me on track (even lost a bit). But i was so obsessed i had a pair of bathroom scales with me.

So i don't deny for one bit that its hard, but you can do it if you wanted too. You obviously feel food is more important and i wont judge you for that.

Just because you crave crappy junk food, don't assume everyone does. You couldn't pay me to eat crisps, Swensons, or pepsi. I happen to LOVE broccoli!

Also don't assume everyone who is not happy with their body actually wants to be lean either. Personally I think lean people look sick. I am not attracted to lean people and wouldn't consider that my dream ideal for myself either.

I am not fat enough to be a good candidate for surgery but I think it is a horrible option, but it often does WORK in the long run. I think about 50 percent or more. I reject the idea that is an "EASY" answer for patients. It's actually quite a big step and not without lots of risk and pain.

The go home diet and exercise "prescription" simply doesn't work for enough people to be the real answer for this global epidemic. A good solution is one that works for at least half the people in the long run. Diet and exercise works for a very small percentage of people. You can say it is their fault. I say doctors, work on this one, what is offered isn't good enough.

As far as the "quack" doctors pill, I know I open myself to abuse on this one, but I find his pitch quite compelling. He refers to science that is actually credible that you can easily find support in credible scientific literature. If I had access to his pills, I might consider trying them myself. But I'm not going to deal with shipping stuff like that Thailand, so I won't. Again he doesn't claim magic, his claims are much more modest, boost to weight loss from regular weight loss level diet and exercise, easier weight loss because hunger controlled, and even use after weight loss for maintenance.

Edited by Jingthing

JT,

I could eat.. does not mean crave, though i love a good icecream.

I don't assume anything about people and lean, i am lean with muscles, there are people who are lean without any muscles and i consider these real unattractive But that is my opinion.

You want things to be easy, they are not just live with it. It is their fault, they don't want it enough. There is a way to do it and they just don't take it because its hard. So yea i consider it their own fault.

Yes we got things stacked against us, but if you just cut out sugar to start with it would help a lot more then the apel cider vinegar.

JT, believe it or not there are tablets that control your hunger, i used them. I have also used tablets that really helped me to loose weight (just for a short period because the side effects were to severe) So there are semi easy ways out but at a cost (i mean side effects).

JT also dont see this as me attacking you, if there is someone supportive it is me. I am always willing to help people and don't condemn them about weight and such.

I have an even more radical opinion which is my opinion based on observation and a lifetime dealing with the YOYO overweight issue. I mean from birth. Yes the vast majority of fat babies are destined to be fat adults. Those bad babies! No self control!

I think given what science knows about long term failure rates with diet and exercise alone, that people should be advised to FORGET losing weight.

Rather I would focus on education about nutrition, exercise, the dangers of processed and junk foods and encourage people to just try to be as healthy as possible, forgetting the weight loss goal. Because what happens, the story behind the story of the MASSIVE failure rates, which you can't run away from, is that the YOYOing is actually much more unhealthy than just accepting being somewhat overweight and trying to live your life in a healthy way anyway. An exception might be is if there is a medical method that significantly improves on the outrageous failure rate even after successful weight loss (typically people gain back MORE than they lost). Maybe there is a small chance that pill in the OP could be clinically proven to be that method. I doubt it but who knows. People say: Oh I won't fail just because 95 plus percentage of people do. Sorry, MOSTLY, you too will fail. That is acceptance of reality. Will power is lovely. But I know and science knows for MOST fat people, the body is fighting you every step of the way.

Edited by Jingthing

JT, i give up. You made all the excuses already and have convinced yourself about it. I keep to my opinion that everyone can loose the weight if they want to. Its a choice JT a choice. With a calorie restricted diet and exercise for the rest of your life you will be in better shape too. You just choose not too. Your choice nothing wrong with it but don't act like you cant loose the weight. You have proven you can, but also proven you don't have the willpower to keep it off.

I really don't care your a stranger to me I rather had that my dad lost his weight but he does not. He also made his choice.

I have an even more radical opinion which is my opinion based on observation and a lifetime dealing with the YOYO overweight issue. I mean from birth. Yes the vast majority of fat babies are destined to be fat adults. Those bad babies! No self control!

I think given what science knows about long term failure rates with diet and exercise alone, that people should be advised to FORGET losing weight.

Rather I would focus on education about nutrition, exercise, the dangers of processed and junk foods and encourage people to just try to be as healthy as possible, forgetting the weight loss goal. Because what happens, the story behind the story of the MASSIVE failure rates, which you can't run away from, is that the YOYOing is actually much more unhealthy than just accepting being somewhat overweight and trying to live your life in a healthy way anyway. An exception might be is if there is a medical method that significantly improves on the outrageous failure rate even after successful weight loss (typically people gain back MORE than they lost). Maybe there is a small chance that pill in the OP could be clinically proven to be that method. I doubt it but who knows. People say: Oh I won't fail just because 95 plus percentage of people do. Sorry, MOSTLY, you too will fail. That is acceptance of reality. Will power is lovely. But I know and science knows for MOST fat people, the body is fighting you every step of the way.

Can you be a fat baby?

I was a heavy baby 10lbs but have been lean all my life. I am not sure where these theories come from.

I have another theory about yo you dieting and that is people are dieting and not changing their lifestyles.

Changing lifestyle means just that. Eating and exercising in the same manner for life.

People also need to face the reason why they are overweight in the first place especially the obese. What emotional and pyschological factors are driving them to their self destructive behaviour. Food is the most abused substance on the planet and emotional eating and food addiction is everywhere because food is relatively cheap and socially acceptable.

To add to that JT you did make a good choice if you cant keep it off the JOJO is bad for you then better not loose it.

Putting that another way, as we know for a fact that only a tiny percentage of fat people keep it off long term, my point is that the entire losing weight mania is misguided for MOST people as a public health policy message. Until there is a better, safer, more widely effective answer which I happen to think will come eventually (not saying in my lifetime though, who knows). You can say only diet and exercise works till the cows come home. In theory it works. In reality, for well over 90 percent, in the long run, it fails. In my view, your argument is about MORALITY. I think the morality is irrelevant. I think the results speak for themselves and that is what matters. You speak as a small minority who has succeeded. Why is your view more true than the experience of the vast majority? Edited by Jingthing

To add to that JT you did make a good choice if you cant keep it off the JOJO is bad for you then better not loose it.

Putting that another way, as we know for a fact that only a tiny percentage of fat people keep it off long term, my point is that the entire losing weight mania is misguided for MOST people as a public health policy message. Until there is a better, safer, more widely effective answer which I happen to think will come eventually (not saying in my lifetime though, who knows). You can say only diet and exercise works till the cows come home. In theory it works. In reality, for well over 90 percent, in the long run, it fails. In my view, your argument is about MORALITY. I think the morality is irrelevant. I think the results speak for themselves and that is what matters. You speak as a small minority who has succeeded. Why is your view more true than the experience of the vast majority?

JT,

The majority fails because they don't find it important enough. I bet if they were told they would die if they would not loose the weight they could keep it off. My dad had an heart attack, you should see how he keeps in shape (did not loose weight but bikes 100km a week). You see that a lot with heart patients after they get a wake up call. They never did it before but the change afterwards.

I don't see that that different from overweight people, its just that fat is more accepted and people don't worry much about the consequences. Reason that people fail is usually because they think they can get back to what they previously did after a diet. That is what doctors say that is what everyone says, and its the truth.

The mania is not misguided at all, its just that people really don't see the risks and its too much accepted. But the focus should be on healthy children and keeping weight off. But with so much food around that is not easy.

The YOYO diet is typical of people who want to rush the weight off by very restrictive diets. The key is to gradually lose the weight so your body doesn't feel (notice) the loss. Last year I lost 10kg at about 1kg per month until I reached my new level. I feel exactly the same as I did 10kg heavier. It was lost so slowly that the body never missed it. The new weight became my new fat point and I've been holding that point for about 4 months already. There's no effort required to hold my new fat point.

It would take an enormous effort to put the fat back on.

Putting that another way, as we know for a fact that only a tiny percentage of fat people keep it off long term, my point is that the entire losing weight mania is misguided for MOST people as a public health policy message. Until there is a better, safer, more widely effective answer which I happen to think will come eventually (not saying in my lifetime though, who knows). You can say only diet and exercise works till the cows come home. In theory it works. In reality, for well over 90 percent, in the long run, it fails. In my view, your argument is about MORALITY. I think the morality is irrelevant. I think the results speak for themselves and that is what matters. You speak as a small minority who has succeeded. Why is your view more true than the experience of the vast majority?

JT,

The majority fails because they don't find it important enough. I bet if they were told they would die if they would not loose the weight they could keep it off. My dad had an heart attack, you should see how he keeps in shape (did not loose weight but bikes 100km a week). You see that a lot with heart patients after they get a wake up call. They never did it before but the change afterwards.

I don't see that that different from overweight people, its just that fat is more accepted and people don't worry much about the consequences. Reason that people fail is usually because they think they can get back to what they previously did after a diet. That is what doctors say that is what everyone says, and its the truth.

The mania is not misguided at all, its just that people really don't see the risks and its too much accepted. But the focus should be on healthy children and keeping weight off. But with so much food around that is not easy.

You're wasting your time chatting to JT about this.... He's not interested in hearing from the 5% of people who succeeded. According to his line of reasoning the 95% who fail could not be wrong. (I don't know where he gets his figures from)

The best way to succeed is to watch and emulate people who have succeeded. Normally if you observe successful people you'll see why the rest failed. It's about lifestyle choices. It can be tough, but it is impossible if you don't believe it is possible.

Edited by tropo

The YOYO diet is typical of people who want to rush the weight off by very restrictive diets. The key is to gradually lose the weight so your body doesn't feel (notice) the loss. Last year I lost 10kg at about 1kg per month until I reached my new level. I feel exactly the same as I did 10kg heavier. It was lost so slowly that the body never missed it. The new weight became my new fat point and I've been holding that point for about 4 months already. There's no effort required to hold my new fat point.

It would take an enormous effort to put the fat back on.

I have heard about this if you hold a point long enough your body will see that as a new set point. Your body likes nothing more then to stay the same and not put weight on or loose it.

You know i went a bit faster then you, but i had more to loose. Anyway now im still loosing slowly but i too made the mistakes of rushing things. I still like it when things go fast maybe i get patient like you.

Just because you crave crappy junk food, don't assume everyone does. You couldn't pay me to eat crisps, Swensons, or pepsi. I happen to LOVE broccoli!

Also don't assume everyone who is not happy with their body actually wants to be lean either. Personally I think lean people look sick. I am not attracted to lean people and wouldn't consider that my dream ideal for myself either.

I am not fat enough to be a good candidate for surgery but I think it is a horrible option, but it often does WORK in the long run. I think about 50 percent or more. I reject the idea that is an "EASY" answer for patients. It's actually quite a big step and not without lots of risk and pain.

The go home diet and exercise "prescription" simply doesn't work for enough people to be the real answer for this global epidemic. A good solution is one that works for at least half the people in the long run. Diet and exercise works for a very small percentage of people. You can say it is their fault. I say doctors, work on this one, what is offered isn't good enough.

As far as the "quack" doctors pill, I know I open myself to abuse on this one, but I find his pitch quite compelling. He refers to science that is actually credible that you can easily find support in credible scientific literature. If I had access to his pills, I might consider trying them myself. But I'm not going to deal with shipping stuff like that Thailand, so I won't. Again he doesn't claim magic, his claims are much more modest, boost to weight loss from regular weight loss level diet and exercise, easier weight loss because hunger controlled, and even use after weight loss for maintenance.

No diet and exercise doesn't fail, the person without the discipline to do it long enough for it to become a part of their normal life does.

Many years of being overweight doesn't evaporate in 6 mths,

I assume the acv helps metabolism, some start their day with lemon juice diluted to kick start the body.

• Like 1

You're right. Not going to have my mind changed on this one. The obesity thing is not simple math as I've said before. People who have been fat and do manage to lose weight are very different than normal thin people who were never fat. The odds of such people maintaining that for five years, much less life, are very very remote. This article is a good background on this. From a public health point of view, yes, PREVENTION, aimed at very very young people is the main hope with the current medical arsenal.

http://www.nytimes.c...pagewanted=all

“What we see here is a coordinated defense mechanism with multiple components all directed toward making us put on weight,” Proietto says. “This, I think, explains the high failure rate in obesity treatment.”

While the findings from Proietto and colleagues, published this fall in The New England Journal of Medicine, are not conclusive — the study was small and the findings need to be replicated — the research has nonetheless caused a stir in the weight-loss community, adding to a growing body of evidence that challenges conventional thinking about obesity, weight loss and willpower. For years, the advice to the overweight and obese has been that we simply need to eat less and exercise more. While there is truth to this guidance, it fails to take into account that the human body continues to fight against weight loss long after dieting has stopped. This translates into a sobering reality: once we become fat, most of us, despite our best efforts, will probably stay fat.

To claim most fat people are morally inferior to the tiny percentage of fat people, who against ALL odds have managed to maintain weight loss, is just simply unfair and unscientific as well.

The tiny percentage that do long term succeed, YES, deserve congratulations for their achievement, but that doesn't mean the failures have anything to be ashamed about. This is a medical issue, not a morality issue. Who knows what kind of rare genetic advantages the succeeders may have had? A small percentage of people can't get sick from the HIV virus. Are they morally superior the majority who can?

BTW, I don't mention viruses randomly. One line of research links obesity to a viral infection.

http://online.wsj.co...1046272186.html

A new study has found a link between obesity and a type of virus, providing additional evidence that factors other than diet and exercise may be responsible for the increasing numbers of overweight people.

Bottom line, we are in the early days of scientific research on the global obesity epidemic. We know for a fact the diet and exercise advice prescription is a massive failure for the vast majority of the obese.

Edited by Jingthing

He's not interested in hearing from the 5% of people who succeeded.

I'd be interested if you had anything new that actually applies to the masses who have failed and science knows will fail for life unless something really new safe and effective actually does come on the horizon.

I am well over 50. I've heard the "will power", diet, exercise, change your lifestyle message for life now. It's not new and it does not work for the vast majority of people. I'm not saying fat people should say to hell with it and go on a cake binge. I'm saying it's more humane for most of them to just try to be as healthy as they can, including a healthy diet and exercise, within the reality that almost definitely they are going to be fat for life, unless they decide to go for bariatric surgery. More realistic goals for the fat adult is modest weight loss and even avoiding gaining even more weight would be doing better than average.

OK, I know. I know. You've got a weight loss advice forum here. I reckon that deserves respect. But the statistical reality is the statistical reality about what most people can actually expect to achieve no matter how much "will power" they think they have.

Edited by Jingthing

Bottom line, we are in the early days of scientific research on the global obesity epidemic. We know for a fact the diet and exercise advice prescription is a massive failure for the vast majority of the obese.

The bottom line is that you can keep your head buried deep in the sand and believe what you want to believe. That is exactly what you are doing here. You want to feed your face endlessly with lots of food and then claim you can't lose weight because the majority of people who go on diets fail.

Really, you're coming across as a loser before you even begin... in fact you don't want to begin because you're already convinced you can't succeed.

OK, I know. I know. You've got a weight loss advice forum here. I reckon that deserves respect.

I don't care if you respect us or not. One thing is for sure, if you're looking for a thread to boost your post count, this will do it - I won't be going anywhere. Keep on with this line of reasoning if you will. What you're doing is providing fat people with a reason not to attempt to lose weight.

Now where do you come up with your statistics? One minute you claim 90% fail, then it's 95%, then it's a tiny percentage succeed.... well, what is it? Do you have any references to support your claims?

What you don't seem to understand is that most fat people got fat through many years if not decades of overeating and/or eating badly. It would stand to reason that to reverse this trend is going to be very difficult because fatness is a product of a lifestyle. Without the lifestyle change no fat person will succeed in trimming down.

I don't see you even addressing the issue of insulin resistance. This alone is a reason why many people are fat. Address this problem and the pounds can drop off... so there's one magic bullet for fat people who are insulin resistant or diabetic - cut the blood sugar and see the fat melt away.

I have seen figures stating that insulin resistance and diabetes afflicts about 50% of the (US) population. That means there's a very good chance you have insulin resistance or you're diabetic.

... or just keep your head buried down deep. Your choice.

Some people are so gullible, following quack internet "doctors" and their latest get-thin-quick scam. If you really insist on doing something as stupid as drinking vinegar then say goodbye to your tooth enamel.

Exactly,

The weight loss and diet industry make millions off the gullible, the weak, and the lazy.

We all know what works, we've tried it.

Less food, more exercise.

But that's uncomfortable, so we search for the holy grail of easy weight loss.

Learn to deal with hunger and temptation and half the battle is over.

It will always be about calorie math, but those with a singular hobby of eating (aka: 'foodies"), are pretty much doomed and forever consigned to searching for the perfect gimmick,

Today for your amusement is an acid concoction you know as vinegar, just as sour as the premise it's based on.

coffee1.gif

Edited by cobra

I heartily endorse checking for diabetes and pre-diabetes. Nothing new about that. I am not at all convinced though that going on a prediabetic diet translates into fat people becoming thin for life. Where are the statistics on that? Sounds like another case of some anecdotal stories rather than anything impacting the masses of fat adults who in reality mostly NEVER will not be fat adults.

Another thing fat people should definitely check. Thyroid hormone levels. Again replacing the hormone does not mean that's a cure for obesity but it can help from making it worse. Thyroid hormone level problems are more common than many people realize.

Edited by Jingthing

Some people are so gullible, following quack internet "doctors" and their latest get-thin-quick scam. If you really insist on doing something as stupid as drinking vinegar then say goodbye to your tooth enamel.

Exactly,

The weight loss and diet industry make millions off the gullible, the weak, and the lazy.

We all know what works, we've tried it.

Less food, more exercise.

But that's uncomfortable, so we search for the holy grail of easy weight loss.

Learn to deal with hunger and temptation and half the battle is over.

It will always be about calorie math, but those with a singular hobby of eating (aka: 'foodies"), are pretty much doomed and forever consigned to searching for the perfect gimmick,

Today for your amusement is an acid concoction you know as vinegar, just as sour as the premise it's based on.

coffee1.gif

People who are extremely interested in a variety of adventurous food experiences are not the same thing as gluttons. Sometimes they are gluttons but not necessarily so. When we see the most gluttonous people on the media, they pretty much are never very interested in the quality (or "gourmet" flavor) of the food they are eating, rather it's about the QUANTITY.

I have already explained with a link why for most actually fat adults, when they manage to lose weight, usually multiple times, they almost always gain it back. For the majority all the will power in the world is no match for the what their body is demanding. Such people deserve compassion and understanding, not ridicule.

Edited by Jingthing

You want to feed your face endlessly with lots of food and then claim you can't lose weight because the majority of people who go on diets fail.

That is an unfounded personal insult. Not only do I not want to do that, I do not do that. I eat three meals a day. My typical eating day: a low volume breakfast mostly fruit and low fat yogurt sometimes oatmeal, one restaurant meal with normal portions, and one healthy home cooked meal heavy on the vegetables, like I've said I am wild about broccoli. You read some restaurant reviews and paint this absurd picture of me that isn't the truth. So I ate snert with sausage. ONCE in my life! Yes occasionally I will eat pizza. Maybe once a month. I haven't eaten fish and chips for years. Delicious but not worth the calories. I've never liked American fast food. My food focus is ethnic foods, for example Korean, which can a very healthy way to eat. I do have a serious concern though: SALT. I need to work on reducing salt. Sugar isn't a big problem for me except when hidden in foods because I am not often into desserts or sugar flavor. Yes I understand cooking your own meals gives you more control and restaurant meals can be "diet killers" but the food regime I am describing is not even close to gluttony. Edited by Jingthing

<snip>

1. Eat more Potassium. I think this isn't very controversial.

<snip>

Anyone taking ACE inhibitors (probably a fair percentage of TV members) and certain other medications need to be aware that raised potassium levels can have a severe health impact and such dietary changes should be guided by qualified medical opinion, not quack remedies espoused on anonymous internet fora.

Google 'hyperkalemia' and note its significance for death row inmates.

Agreed.

I would check with a urologist about the effects of running too much potassium and vinegar thru your kidneys.