Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hah, i just left there, got sick after songkran, but got to cough in the sun for a couple days before hading back to bkk, happy to say i did not get online for 10 days running

oh no.... you did not communicate !!! tongue.pngw00t.gif We meet with Angiud and had a great visit! .... not to mention perfect weather... ! thumbsup.gif

Might as well add another shot of your area!

IMG_0939.JPG

hah, i just left there, got sick after songkran, but got to cough in the sun for a couple days before hading back to bkk, happy to say i did not get online for 10 days running

Same area, same boats, you must be getting old, Jimmy. Monks with snorkels.w00t.gif

post-70928-0-30361800-1366993973_thumb.j post-70928-0-59591700-1366994012_thumb.j

A lake and marsh area in Maenam area of Samui, DAL and I discovered last week.... Near Lomprayah ferry turning... off ring road...

I checked it out more today, more that meets the eye! (no luck with the fish! sad.png )

IMG_1838.JPG

Those clouds looked like they would bring rain, but it has not happened at least yet!

This water wheel is interesting Fred, what is that used for?

irrigation I imagine...

Its hard to scoop water with paddles

Even harder with nothing to catch water .... interesting though, I am sure it has a purpose ..... perhaps aerating water?

This water wheel is interesting Fred, what is that used for?

Its hard to scoop water with paddles

Even harder with nothing to catch water .... interesting though, I am sure it has a purpose ..... perhaps aerating water?

If you look closely at the outer ring you may see small scoops that collect the water and then at the top of their circular path they pour that small amount of water into a bamboo pipe which takes the water to where they need it. It doesn’t move a large volume of water but it does work. I remember seeing one in Pai, along the river. Maybe I can find the picture.

I would say visit both.smile.png

Edit:

I think Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai act as main destinations from which to visit surrounding areas. Pai and Mae Hong Son are often side trips for those who visit Chiang Mai. From Chiang Rai one might visit Mae Salong, The Golden Triangle, Chiang Khong, Phayao or even Nan.

It all depends on what ones interests are.

Archived