Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lumpini Park, Bangkok mid 80's scanned from slide so can't match your guys great quality. More of an interest photo.

post-566-0-20516400-1357665858_thumb.jpg

Just a technical observation on my photo. That was done with Nikon FE 35mm film camera. The interesting thing I noticed is that I managed to follow the 1/3 rule pretty well even though I wasn't aware of the rule at the time. Just framing seemed right at the time. If the girl was centered in the photo I don't think the effect would be nearly as good. Also, the stop action of the ball was purely accidental. biggrin.png

large.jpg

Huay Mae Khamin Waterfall

Level Four.

This place is in Kanchanaburi Province. Go to Erawan Waterfall and just passed that there is a turn off to your left to Srinakharin Dam National Park. Only 42 kms thereafter on a very rough no tarmac road you will reach it. This was my second time there, but went there on that rough road. Near on 2 hours on that road to go 42 kms. I would not advise this road. Use the other route.

See below:-

The first time, I went the long way around on an easier way, on two ferries across the Srinakarin Reservoir. Great views there as well along that way. Go during the "Rainy Season" then the Waterfall should be as full as you have see in my photo.

Should you wish to go there, take a Thai with you that knows the area and way.

Took me 4 hours there, 1 click as you saw, 4 hours back with a whole group of people. On your own it should not take you that long.

Win wai.gif

large.jpg

Huay Mae Khamin Waterfall

Level Four.

This place is in Kanchanaburi Province. Go to Erawan Waterfall and just passed that there is a turn off to your left to Srinakharin Dam National Park. Only 42 kms thereafter on a very rough no tarmac road you will reach it. This was my second time there, but went there on that rough road. Near on 2 hours on that road to go 42 kms. I would not advise this road. Use the other route.

See below:-

The first time, I went the long way around on an easier way, on two ferries across the Srinakarin Reservoir. Great views there as well along that way. Go during the "Rainy Season" then the Waterfall should be as full as you have see in my photo.

Should you wish to go there, take a Thai with you that knows the area and way.

Took me 4 hours there, 1 click as you saw, 4 hours back with a whole group of people. On your own it should not take you that long.

Win wai.gif

Nice one :)

last year I drove off-road from Thong Pha Phum to Erawan and stopped at the falls. Time was pressing so never bothered going for a look, wish I had :( Heading back there next month as want to go all the way up to the national park at the top end of the reservoir.

Nice one smile.png

last year I drove off-road from Thong Pha Phum to Erawan and stopped at the falls. Time was pressing so never bothered going for a look, wish I had sad.png Heading back there next month as want to go all the way up to the national park at the top end of the reservoir.

Got a map, or description of that track you took ?

Nice one smile.png

last year I drove off-road from Thong Pha Phum to Erawan and stopped at the falls. Time was pressing so never bothered going for a look, wish I had sad.png Heading back there next month as want to go all the way up to the national park at the top end of the reservoir.

Got a map, or description of that track you took ?

As you head back down the 323 from Thong Pha Phum, about 10km i think you pass Ban Chande and a km or so after there is a turn off to the left. It's a metaled road for the fist few kms then unsurfaced. You eventualy come to an army check point and view point. We got directions from them of which roads to take from there on.

I have the route marked up on a map and will dig it out.

Humbugged, hope this helps a bit.If heading back down from Thong Pha Phum turn off to your left at 14°38'46.62"N 98°42'21.47"E. Follow this all the way to the check point at 14°44'27.25"N 98°49'1.03"E Carry on down the track till you hit a junction at 14°44'28.49"N 98°49'12.45"E and turn right. Follow it all the way till you hit the reservoir.

Humbugged, hope this helps a bit.If heading back down from Thong Pha Phum turn off to your left at 14°38'46.62"N 98°42'21.47"E. Follow this all the way to the check point at 14°44'27.25"N 98°49'1.03"E Carry on down the track till you hit a junction at 14°44'28.49"N 98°49'12.45"E and turn right. Follow it all the way till you hit the reservoir.

Thanks...how long does the drive take off road ?

the light??!! ..you mean the one at the end of the tunnel....no I'm not dead yet.

I disrobed from being a monk for the reason that my kids needed me to be at home with them. My wife has been away working in BKK for nearly a year and although we live with her parents the kids need real parents too.

Archived