Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mr. Shaggy. Simple answer: post them online on a picture backup site in a desired format and link that pic to your post here.

Warning: All copyrights are dismissed after using a site like this. Hence the signatures added in the bottom.

@Mr. Shaggy. Simple answer: post them online on a picture backup site in a desired format and link that pic to your post here.

Warning: All copyrights are dismissed after using a site like this. Hence the signatures added in the bottom.

Gotcha.....Thanks Dancealot thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the nice comment shaggy1969 ! thumbsup.gif

Well that copy right part depends on how you set up Picasa... There are several options in Picasa... so you choose which you want.. Public, to those with link, (or private, which only you can see! it has padlock next to the first image of that upload)

The one thing I have found out in the last few days is to not post larger than 1024 x 683 pixels or Dancealot will have a fit!!!! w00t.gifbiggrin.png (as in the case of the lion image I posted!!! )

There are various sizes you can upload too 1200 x ?? being the max. No one seems to have complained about the 1024 size~~!!! wink.png.... Don't make them too small though!

Picasa being a free program is pretty darn good.... for editing and uploaded storage... 5 mgb free space. (so if you have more than one gmail account, it's a lot of free storage space) , .....Once uploaded I copy and paste to this sight...

Plus email images via your Gmail account...

BUT once one does that, don't move or change the settings in the uploaded site on Picasa, because they disappear from this site. w00t.gif

Hope that is a bit clearer, than muddy water! wink.png It's a bit difficult to explain every last detail of what the program can do! Try it! thumbsup.gif

For finer editing you need a program like Lightroom (not free ) ... or if you really want to spend a lot of time and go through the learning curve there is Photoshop.

Thanks for the nice comment shaggy1969 ! thumbsup.gif

Well that copy right part depends on how you set up Picasa... There are several options in Picasa... so you choose which you want.. Public, to those with link, (or private, which only you can see! it has padlock next to the first image of that upload)

The one thing I have found out in the last few days is to not post larger than 1024 x 683 pixels or Dancealot will have a fit!!!! w00t.gifbiggrin.png (as in the case of the lion image I posted!!! )

There are various sizes you can upload too 1200 x ?? being the max. No one seems to have complained about the 1024 size~~!!! wink.png.... Don't make them too small though!

Picasa being a free program is pretty darn good.... for editing and uploaded storage... 5 mgb free space. (so if you have more than one gmail account, it's a lot of free storage space) , .....Once uploaded I copy and paste to this sight...

Plus email images via your Gmail account...

BUT once one does that, don't move or change the settings in the uploaded site on Picasa, because they disappear from this site. w00t.gif

Hope that is a bit clearer, than muddy water! wink.png It's a bit difficult to explain every last detail of what the program can do! Try it! thumbsup.gif

For finer editing you need a program like Lightroom (not free ) ... or if you really want to spend a lot of time and go through the learning curve there is Photoshop.

Thanks for the advice samuijimmy.

Will try not to upset old Dancealot,after all he introduced me to the photography section.

I was a little reluctant to post my photos after seeing the quality of your photos and many other posters.

I only have a pocket snapper at the moment but would like to invest more time and money in a good camera in the future and advance my photography skills.

Shaggy

Thanks for the advice samuijimmy.

Will try not to upset old Dancealot,after all he introduced me to the photography section.

I was a little reluctant to post my photos after seeing the quality of your photos and many other posters.

I only have a pocket snapper at the moment but would like to invest more time and money in a good camera in the future and advance my photography skills.

Shaggy

Mr. Shaggy: You are a very polite person and i welcome you. You have to understand about different people here have different levels of knowledge in different fields.

Whenever someone like Mr. Samui Jimmy for instance, adds information to my statement i always consider this a learning experience instead of feeling dissed or 'corrected'.

I am not afraid to speak my mind even when i am wrong afterwards. Initially i when posting i always mean good and i trust and learned people here are respectful always. There are so many things people here have taught me and i would like to thank everyone by writing this post.thumbsup.gif

This is a nice and warm place and i welcome you to enjoy sharing photo's and experiences with uswai2.gif

w00t.gif I have run of the "Like" button for today~~!!!

Candypants.... where is Ao Hin Ngam on Koh Phangan? ... not heard of that before, great shot though! Your shot of the sunset at Mae Haad was fantastic.... I know that area well, but never seen a sunset like that! thumbsup.gif

Today on Samui, I spent a few hours around Chawang Lake.... Sign says "Seafood".... , but it looks like swans to me!!! biggrin.pngsorry could not resist that! rolleyes.gif

Chawang%2520Lake%2520%252027%2520Jan%252C%25202013%25203-21%2520PM.JPG

w00t.gif I have run of the "Like" button for today~~!!!

Candypants.... where is Ao Hin Ngam on Koh Phangan? ... not heard of that before, great shot though! Your shot of the sunset at Mae Haad was fantastic.... I know that area well, but never seen a sunset like that! thumbsup.gif

Ao Hin Ngam is a small rock beach between Mae Haad and Chaloklum.

There is a small sala and viewpoint and a very long set of stairs down to the beach.

It is often very dirty with fishing boat garbage because the boats like to sit in that cove.

The panoramas i have posted from my house down there look directly at Hin Ngam and then Chaloklum Bay beyond.

here are the stairs to the beach up the cliff

hin-ngam-steps.jpg

here is the view back up to my house from the beach (these were both taken by my neighbor)

hin-ngam-beach2.jpg

Archived