Water Scenes !

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yiihaa! Fooling around with camera smile.png Kamala beach, Phuket.

The blurring effect on the manipulated photo forces the intended focus to be directed towards the main subject which 'the creator' intended to present. In other words when i look at any new picture it's surroundings are just as important to me as the subject focus direction initially intended by the photographer. Hereby forcing the audience to perceptive only the target-focus and forget about the surroundings. This effect gives the photographer even more power than he already has by only showing a small piece of the world to people who have never seen this his way.

I would like to highlight 'this false sense of control' on which many photographers thrive on. wai.gif

However in another point of view personally i think the end picture result is a success because it made me stop, come back(scroll back) and look again.

To answer Waza's question... It's "sea foam" (post 257) not necessarily from pollution.... as disgusting as it looks ..... You should see at Niagara Falls, or recently in storms in Australia, it was several meters thick ....w00t.gif

Rough seas in Lamai on SE corner of Samui, lately... This was taken on Wednesday..

IMG_4693.JPG

Then at the north end of the island (Maenam) it's just so calm....

The big boat is bringing in the new electric line from the mainland .... (yesterday)

2013-02-14-077.jpg

To answer Waza's question... It's "sea foam" (post 257) not necessarily from pollution.... as disgusting as it looks ..... You should see at Niagara Falls, or recently in storms in Australia, it was several meters thick ....w00t.gif

Rough seas in Lamai on SE corner of Samui, lately... This was taken on Wednesday..

IMG_4693.JPG

Then at the north end of the island (Maenam) it's just so calm....

The big boat is bringing in the new electric line from the mainland .... (yesterday)

2013-02-14-077.jpg

Great pics............

PS: The sea foam in Aus is white

We just have a bit of refreshing here in Phuket. Temperature dropped to 25C and the wind is nice smile.png

Rainbows are quite rare events on these latitudes compared back to my home country, which is located above 60 degrees latitude smile.png Here in Phuket the time window to see the rainbows are always pretty close to the sunset and sunrise.

From wikipedia

It is difficult to photograph the complete semicircle of a rainbow in one frame, as this would require an angle of view of 84°. For a 35 mmcamera, a lens with a focal length of 19 mm or less wide-angle lens would be required. Now that powerful software for stitching several images into a panorama is available, images of the entire arc and even secondary arcs can be created fairly easily from a series of overlapping frames.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow

taken from my roof deck by my neighbor. wish it were mine!

473170_344970428891648_1856630727_o.jpg

Yiihaa! Fooling around with camera smile.png Kamala beach, Phuket.
The effect makes them look like toys doesn't it...
He got an effect! And that's what counts.clap2.gif . Appreciatedthumbsup.gif
Thanks smile.pngI agree the effect makes the subjects look like toys. Every now and then I wish to break the common rules to be maybe able to figure out something new.
it is called tilt shift and is becoming very popular to play with in both photo and videograpyhere is an exceellent example of it done well

[media]

[/media

]and here is one of my favourite attempts

s324483_304919632861201_827496305_o.jpg

Archived