Phuket Kbank Robbed At Gunpoint - Again

webfact

Phuket KBank robbed at gunpoint - again

Phuket Gazette

k.jpg

The suspect took 37 seconds to pull off the robbery and make off with a reported 260,000 baht. Image: KBank CCTV

PHUKET: -- An armed gunman entered the Kasikornbank (KBank) branch at the Tesco Chao Fa shopping complex on Chao Fao East Road at about 12:30pm today.

He made off with an estimated 260,000 baht, police reported.

The man entered the bank wearing a white-and-blue, full-face helmet. He pointed a gun at one of the cashiers and demanded that she place all the cash she had near to hand in a white cloth bag that he handed her.

The man was described as of medium build and was wearing a gray jacket and black jeans.

Police are now searching for a blue-and-white Yamaha Fino motorbike used as the getaway vehicle.

Witnesses at the scene reported that the motorbike was not fitted with license plates.

At the scene quickly was Phuket Provincial Police Commander Choti Chavalviwat.

“The bank did not have a security guard on duty when the robbery took place. We believe it was well-planned. The man parked his motorbike in the street next to the shopping complex, which is a very quiet street. He then walked across the car park and into the bank to rob it,” he said.

“We are still questioning witnesses as to what happened. We have alerted all police stations across the island as to the description of the motorbike and what the robber was last seen wearing,” he said.

The exact same branch was robbed at gunpoint by “Minute Man” Anusit Kaewmookda, who made off with 650,000 baht in less than 60 seconds on January 29 last year.

Anusit was arrested on November 3, while on the run, after robbing the KBank branch on Thepkrasattri Road in Rassada four days earlier. In that robbery, Anusit made off with a reported 2.7 million baht. Again, the robbery was conducted in less than 60 seconds.

Today’s robber reportedly took less than 37 seconds to pull off the robbery and make his getaway.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...gain-19891.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-07

All these banks have a sign that no helmets are allowed, they also have a security man at the door (I guess with no gun). Surely they could 'lock down' when someone walks in with a full face helmet. Seems obvious to me, but hey this is Thailand.

According to the article there was no security guard present at the time of the robbery. Which seems strange, as I never see a bank here without a guard outside.

All these banks have a sign that no helmets are allowed, they also have a security man at the door (I guess with no gun). Surely they could 'lock down' when someone walks in with a full face helmet. Seems obvious to me, but hey this is Thailand.

Lock down?? I think you've been watching too many films mate.

The only problem I see with that idea is that he had a gun. I've never seen a security guard with a gun in a bank here. If the bank was locked down with the robber inside with a gun, it would present a hostage situation. Better to lose some money than some lives. Unless of course they could lock the door before he could enter.

Lock down?? I think you've been watching too many films mate.

It has happened here with robbers of gold shops....

The exact same branch was robbed at gunpoint by “Minute Man” Anusit Kaewmookda...

Today’s robber reportedly took less than 37 seconds to pull off the robbery and make his getaway.

So what shall we call him, then?

Oh, don't bother. sad.png

• Like 1

And again a Kasikorn.

Interesting. Why is Kasikorn so in the focus, for ATM scam, robberies?

Inside connections? Walking from the sideroad at exactly the 'no guard' time .Coincidence?

It's about 70m's, from the road, through the fence, passing the Lotus and all the stalls, to the Kasikorn on the other side of the Lotus.

And is it a full face helm, or only a helm with a full face visor?

Looks a bit like the second, to me. Maybe not so important, if a black visor. But maybe someone had a look from the side on the face?

Edited by noob7

Put a buzzer on the door! That way people can only enter when someone pushes a button inside the bank. Obviously you wouldn't open the door if a guy with a helmet on stands outside. It's not fail proof of course, but definitely better than people being able to just walk in any time.

Maybe the guys name is Robin Hood? Robbing a bank is not very high on my "hang 'em high" list when one considers how banks rob foreigners in fees and incompetence. And why in hell does a provincial police commander have to show up. Aren't his lackeys good enough? This should be listed under satire.

• Like 1

The bank did not have a security guard on duty when the robbery took place.

Quite normal, as it was 12.30 pm and the guard was busy having lunch at his favorite restaurant.

Presumably they have worked out the "less risk" times that allows the guard to slope off

I live in Isan and all the banks have an armed Pol Sgt Major as a guard but I'm not suggesting that is a deterrent. Additionally, I would not use a bank where I had to buzz to get in, I far prefer the "welcome handsome man" reception

I live in Isan and all the banks have an armed Pol Sgt Major as a guard but I'm not suggesting that is a deterrent. Additionally, I would not use a bank where I had to buzz to get in, I far prefer the "welcome handsome man" reception

At my local bank (not KBank) we have a security Guard/Doorman and an armed semi retired Copper who obiously has photo's of his boss (to get the gig) who sits around reading the paper etc.

I am trying not to be sarcastic (but what the hell) they both are very courtious and we allways exchange pleasantries... BUT, put'em both in a wet paper Bag and take an extra couple of minutes to conduct the buisness at hand.

All the banks have an armed police Sgt Major working in them?

Must not be a lot for police Sgt Majors to do in Isan these days........................rolleyes.gif

Police offer B100,000 reward for gun-point bank robber

Phuket Gazette

br.jpeg

Phuket Provincial Police Serm Kwannimit (white shirt) and Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Arun Kleawwatee (uniform) pull the bank robber's jacket from a rubbish bin. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- Police have offered a 100,000 baht reward for any information leading to the arrest of a man who made a fast-cash “withdraw” of over a quarter million baht at gun point from a Phuket bank yesterday afternoon.

The robbery, which took place at the Kasikornbank (KBank) branch at the Tesco Chao Fa Park shopping complex (map here)on Chao Fa East Road, happened at about 12:30pm yesterday (January 7).

Phuket Provincial Police Commander Choti Chavalviwat told the Phuket Gazette police were continuing with their investigations.

“After reviewing the CCTV footage, we have established the man escaped on his motorbike down Soi Anusorn 5.

“We have also found the jacket he was wearing during the robbery in a rubbish bin in the area,” Maj Gen Choti said.

“The jacket has been sent to the Phuket Forensic Office to see if any DNA samples can be pulled from it,” he added.

The police are also trying to establish if the gun used during the robbery was a real or replica hand gun.

Yesterday’s robbery was not the first, with nearly one million baht being stolen from the bank in the last 12 months.

“Minute Man” Anusit Kaewmookda made off with 650,000 baht from the bank in less than 60 seconds on January 29 last year.

He was arrested on November 3, while on the run, after robbing the KBank branch on Thepkrasattri Road in Rassada four days earlier. In that robbery, Anusit made off with a reported 2.7 million baht. Again, the robbery was conducted in less than 60 seconds.

Anyone with information can telephone 081 802 1011 or call the Phuket Provincial Police on 076 212 046.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...bber-19897.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-08

mmmmh, is the police trying to prevent the next 'withdraw'?

Or is it only an accident, that 2 BiB's strolling around, at the Tesco Lotus Park and inside the Tesco, this afternoon/evening?

Edited by noob7