Wok'd Sprouts And Giblets For Xmas Dinner......

Chittychangchang

There's an old saying that "too many cooks spoil the broth,"

Any other members have funny stories to share from the festive break.....I'll start

Normally the Thai missus does all the cooking in our house, nobody is allowed near. So for a change this year we agreed i'd cook the xmas dinner.

Elbows deep nursing a Changover from hell i proceded to remove the giblets from our BiG bird, covering it in olive oil and ceremonuisly launching it into the oven to cook for a few hours, ten minutes to peel the veggies and jobs done!(What's all the fuss about?)

The missus is hovering in circles in the kitchen sharpening her knifes looking for a bolt of inspiration, the kitchen is still in one piece and remarkably tidy. None of this using every item in the kitchen to cook a meal and leaving it piled high for two days like the eiffel tower has happened under my watch.......The wok comes out-she couldn't fight it any longer....The cooking oil is on, bit's of bacon chilli and ....Brussel sprouts are heading towards to wok. A new side dish she pronounces.....something different!

I retreat gingerly to the games consoles with the kids in the living room. Dinners ready, the missus has set the most amazing decorated table with santa snowstorms, buddhas, tinsel etc.

Everyones seated, the wifes best chefs carving knife go's in and out pops a plastic bag of turkey giblets. Shortly after a couple of dambusting sprouts go bouncing past

My new years resolutions are to keep out of the kitchen and lay off the grog, and so far so good.

Happy New Year TV

Happy new year to you Chitty, nearly didnt recognize you. You look different this year.

Ive discovered my wife loves curry egg sandwiches, you know the Keens curry variety. Lifes full of surprises isnt it!

Edited by krisb
  • Like 1