Two Phuket Locals Attacked By Russian Men In Surin

webfact

After the story with the russian travel agencies, another story implicating russians sleep.png Where is going Phuket? unsure.png

Unless action is taken, the same way as Goa, sounds like the exact same modus operandi

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russians (the organized variety)seem to be the new plague upon beach resorts everywhere.....was in Goa recently and they have taken over Anjuna and other northern beaches there,they even bring in their own stunning'taxi-girls' to service their own native cliental in their own brothels!

Wow... Tolerant India once again ... and when they rape and kill a girl they will find a good lawyer like dear Mr. Sharma who seems really good at getting Dip Shits off the hook

<snip>

“Jen paid the bill and we were about to leave, when I noticed one of the guys walked up to her. It looked like he was about to cause trouble. I stepped in front of her, trying to get her out of the area. Suddenly the man punched over my shoulder and hit Jen in the face,” he said.

<snip>

[My bolded font, for clarity.]

I suppose it never occurred to Mr. Travers that the guy who took a swing was actually aiming at him , and not his girlfriend, Jen.

So maybe if he hadn't moved (no mention in his story that he did, of course) he may have taken one on the chin and not his girlfriend taking one on the nose.

Two sides to every story.

Let's hear what the Ruskies have to say.

Having been in Thailand for 10 years with 1000's of nights going into the AM. I've never had a random beating happen to me. Usually these kind of fights happen when parties have had too much to drink and harsh words lead to fights.

8 times out of 10 its the mouthy drunk Thai girl who tends to escalate things leaving the boyfriend to defend her.

This case isn't the first or the last.

• Like 2

Having been in Thailand for 10 years with 1000's of nights going into the AM. I've never had a random beating happen to me. Usually these kind of fights happen when parties have had too much to drink and harsh words lead to fights.

8 times out of 10 its the mouthy drunk Thai girl who tends to escalate things leaving the boyfriend to defend her.

This case isn't the first or the last.

I agree. Funny how people are quick to judge whilst only having one side of the story. Anybody bothered to hear what the

Russians have to say about the event. Pretty much assured it will be a different tale.

• Like 1

A young Russian man walked up and punched Jen in her face, breaking her nose

Her nose looks fine to me. wub.png Looks more like her boyfriend's nose has been attended to. sad.png

g.jpeg

Nose, looks here, not so fine.

russian08g.jpg

Normally beautiful like this.

russian08c.jpg

Edited by ALFREDO

Its called make up.

no.gif

-hansgruber-

You German or Austrian by your name, I am Austrian and should, therefore, not be so harsh with you, but I really would suggest,

-Buy glasses-razz.gif

Is necessary, when you not see a difference in the two photos I posted, regarding the "nose", which bends slightly to the right

and looks swollen a lot on one photo and pretty cute and nice on the other picture!yes.gif

There are more photos in other News channels, where you can see,

that the hospital gave her a special, kind of nose bandage- I think not only for joking!whistling.gif

Russian, attacking someone in the property business. By accident? Maybe!

Or the Russian guy was a bit drunk, and didn't realize, it was a girl, before he punched her?

It's not only PEGAS, doing business on Phuket!

Now we have Russian apologists too :)

I usually never comment on news stuff, but this is seriously stupid. That the police release the russians AND give their passports back. Assuming these russians have no fear whatsoever and dare to fight with someone so known on the island, it indicates that they have the resources to get away with it.

Im going to tell you people one thing you dont know about russians, and you wouldnt know unless you been in the underground scene for a long time. They, if anyone are professionals at counterfeiting passports. Im not saying that these are, but there is a good chance if they put up something like this.

I also know that Russians Business Network operates off phuket (known ddosers and bank hackers) now out of order though. They are probably laundring all their hacked bank funds down there. Those are the ones that you so nicely refer as the mafia.

Let us fervently hope that the geniuses of the Royal Thai Police are not sleepwalking into a situation down the road a few years where the Russian Mafia is uncontrollable in Pattaya and Phuket. It would be a shame for the sake of a few payoffs now if they have to shoot it out later....

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Two-Russians-charged-over-beach-assault-search-on-for-two-more-suspects-19915.html

I'm wondering, if she got a new nose, now?

I mean, this pictures in Phuket gazette should be the latest, right?

All this, for a 9kBaht operation?

Just her attitude at the end of the article sums it up for me.

"He tried to compromise, it I didnt listen to him"

Maybe that's the same attitude that escalated the fight to begin with.

In fairness, the Russians are having a positive effect in some areas.

The Russian tour counters have set their prices so low that local tuk-tuk drivers cannot compete, he explained.

“Worse, they are telling tourists not to use tuk-tuks or taxis in Kata and Karon. The tuk-tuk and taxi drivers in Karon cannot take this anymore,” he said.

http://www.phuketgaz...ects-19915.html

As the Russians have apparently been charged by the police, I would prefer to interpret her quoted comment as she refused to negotiate compensation. As you know as soon as the victim accepts compensation, charges are usually not laid & you rescind the right to proceed to a Civil Claim in the Court.

• Like 2

As the Russians have apparently been charged by the police, I would prefer to interpret her quoted comment as she refused to negotiate compensation. As you know as soon as the victim accepts compensation, charges are usually not laid & you rescind the right to proceed to a Civil Claim in the Court.

Well that's not like a Thai. Normally scratching at the door for money.

They will end up taking the money. Give it time.

Well that's not like a Thai. Normally scratching at the door for money.

They will end up taking the money. Give it time.

You must feel really good to post anonymous insults about someone's Thai partner without any repercussions

I have no idea what the colour of the sky is on your planet.

What is the 'attitude' you speak of. A friend of the Russians wanted to talk to her and she refused. Is that the sort of attitude that warrants a smack in the mouth. Jeeez I'd hate to be out for a beer with you. Every hawker you ignore will just smack you as they walk past.

How about it could have happened like this.....the Russkie was a right pratt, pissed and obnoxious, he says something demeaning to her, she tells him to fuc_k off. Boyfriend steps in between them and Russkie starts swinging because he has a little dick.

There is nothing at all to suggest she provoked it. If the Russkie just minded his own business all would have been fine.

Even the manager of the place wants to welcome the couple back. That doesn't sound to me that they caused any trouble. I don't hear the manager saying he welcomes the Russkies back.

Grow a brain.

• Like 2

What is the 'attitude' you speak of. A friend of the Russians wanted to talk to her and she refused. Is that the sort of attitude that warrants a smack in the mouth. Jeeez I'd hate to be out for a beer with you. Every hawker you ignore will just smack you as they walk past.

How about it could have happened like this.....the Russkie was a right pratt, pissed and obnoxious, he says something demeaning to her, she tells him to fuc_k off. Boyfriend steps in between them and Russkie starts swinging because he has a little dick.

There is nothing at all to suggest she provoked it. If the Russkie just minded his own business all would have been fine.

Even the manager of the place wants to welcome the couple back. That doesn't sound to me that they caused any trouble. I don't hear the manager saying he welcomes the Russkies back.

Grow a brain.

All speculation. One sided story.

Grow a brain.

All speculation. One sided story.

No it isn't. That is what happened. So until the Russkies tell what they say happened then those are the facts. I doubt you will hear much from them though.

But you would rather believe what? The silence from the other side? You believe nothing? Put simply, to you, she is Thai so must be lying. The Russkies are silent but they will be believable....even though you have no idea what they will say.

Your hatred of Thais just shines through.

Simple1.

Insult who? Thais?

We all know money will win the day here.

The end.

Why would any money be offered. According to you the Thai is talking crap. So the Russkies were actually the victims. Perhaps the Thai will offer them money.

Hated for Thais is a long stretch but you can run with that if you like.

You aren't a eyewitness so your just passing on exaggerated island gossip for all I know.

Reminds me of the case of the Sri Panwa owner. He started the trouble but was painted a victim when beaten and chopped up.

Simple1.

Insult who? Thais?

We all know money will win the day here.

The end.

Why would any money be offered. According to you the Thai is talking crap. So the Russkies were actually the victims. Perhaps the Thai will offer them money.

Don't know the details either but seeing the Russians got charged, they need to do the paying.

Pretty simple.

clap2.gif

I did read something, in the 'not to name' source, like that she thought, they'd have some respect because she's Thai.

And she said, because of that: 'stop, don't do anything, we've got to go.'

That fits your point, methinks

Edited by noob7

Now it's all about this:

contact-lense-money-eyes-diggersstory-45095872526.jpeg

Actually, these contact lenses , wouldn't that be a hit, in Thailand?

Edited by noob7

Now it's all about this:

If a foreigner attacked and punched my wife, no matter the reason, if found guilty of assault, I would definitely take the guy to Civil Court and sue him for as many baht as possible. In parallel I would ask the RTB to put a stop on his passport so he couldn't do a runner. It would be a lot better outcome for the foreigner, as her brothers would not hesitate to track him down & break his bones.

Now it's all about this:

If a foreigner attacked and punched my wife, no matter the reason, if found guilty of assault, I would definitely take the guy to Civil Court and sue him for as many baht as possible. In parallel I would ask the RTB to put a stop on his passport so he couldn't do a runner. It would be a lot better outcome for the foreigner, as her brothers would not hesitate to track him down & break his bones.

Another one, who does not have an idea, about Russian people.

But you still know, a court case is mostly only longer, but cheaper for the defendant.

Also some surprises can come up, changing the view of who is who.

That's why most (Thai)people are happy with the negotiating in the police stations.

Police happy, about their cut.

Victim happy, gets money quickly.