Burma, What Region Are Safe To Travel?

Sandman77

hello !

Can some one explain, since Burma open for travel, what regions are save to travel?

How about the value of currency ? , at the moment , I read on the net since the boarder open for tourists the value of currency rise up every day!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

Apparently all open areas are safe as well as the eastern parts along the Thai border, which according to some officials will officially open to travellers fairly soon are also reasonably safe (although to see for yourself until they open up these areas officially, you'll need to request either official permission to enter these areas or find someone who can take you there unofficially). I am referring of course to those areas not currently open, except with special permission (for example, west of Myawaddy to east of Hpa-an, from Payathonzu north towards the coastal road, not sure where the checkpoint is here if coming from Thazubuyat but there are no towns along this road to speak of), the road between Kengtung and Taunggyi and some other parts of eastern Myanmar, including parts of Kayah State.

The parts of the country definately NOT safe right now (and besides, travel restrictions may mean it would be difficult to enter anyway) include much of Kachin State and the western areas of Myanmar along the Bangladesh border where Rohingyas and locals are facing off against each other, which means lots of violence and curfews etc.