BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
samuijimmy

For The Birds !

Hi Tetefldon

Was quite close probably about 4 or 5 m. spotted it when I was going past on the bike and snuck up and poked the camera over the top of the wall.

Seems the Javan and Chinese are difficult to tell apart unless in breeding colors

Here is one of a Chinese I got in Sanklaburi, not a good pix, was going past in a boat at the time and just had to take a snap at it.

attachicon.gifchinese pond heron sanklaburii.JPG

Didn't realise they looked so similar. Thanks.

A rather poor photo(I was about 500x away) so its cropped to bits. Worth showing if you haven't seen one.

Asian Fairy Bluebird Tat Mok National Park Phetchabun

post-59731-0-35662300-1370522474_thumb.j

• Like 1

Hi again Tetefldon.

Farther to the pond heron:

Two that were taken a couple of months back and are probably just coming into breeding colors.

The first was taken at Erawan National Park and is probably Chinese.

post-12069-0-69030200-1370531014_thumb.j

The second in Singburi, looks very like the first but I have only seen the Javan around here recently so I don't know.

post-12069-0-88499900-1370531188_thumb.j

Any comments on these and others I post are welcome because I am just a learner and some of the stuff I'm trying to take is stretching the capabilities both the gear and I.

Storks beside the road near Suphan Buri

post-168760-0-35776000-1370545966_thumb.

post-168760-0-66183800-1370545993_thumb.

Hi again Tetefldon.

Farther to the pond heron:

Two that were taken a couple of months back and are probably just coming into breeding colors.

The first was taken at Erawan National Park and is probably Chinese.

attachicon.gifpond heron erawan 1.JPG

The second in Singburi, looks very like the first but I have only seen the Javan around here recently so I don't know.

attachicon.gifpond heron singburi. 2 JPG.JPG

Any comments on these and others I post are welcome because I am just a learner and some of the stuff I'm trying to take is stretching the capabilities both the gear and I.

Always pleased to comment and offer advice if I think if I can help. Not sure I am that much help though, been birding here for 5 years or so and taking pics for much longer and I still class myself as a learner in both fields.smile.png

Drake mallard duck and a couple of drakes getting "hen pecked". Male mallards are commonly called "Greenheads" because of their iridescent head feathers.

post-168760-0-51085300-1370674842_thumb.

post-168760-0-78724900-1370674869_thumb.

• Like 1

One of my favourite bird "neighbours" This Eurasian Kestrel roosts outside my bedroom window on the security grill. Difficult to photogaph due to low light and an impossible angle.

post-59731-0-58607900-1370680924_thumb.j

• Like 2