For The Birds !

samuijimmy

I want to post this as an experiment with myself for sometimes things that I post look good on my screen but when I post they look terrible.

Even the preview doesn't seem to look the same as the finished product.

So I really have to post before I get a good idea of what it will look like.

Forgive me if this one looks rubbish.

post-12069-0-78816600-1383827496_thumb.j

• Like 1

^ looks fine Robby.....can tell you've either heavily cropped or sharpened it, but in this case it works and gives the image a sketched or drawn effect (i have to really stand back from my PC screen...it's a 32" HD moniter)

the posture & colours are great... i would've maybe added a PP slight vignette effect, but that's neither here or there.....it's a good image as is! i like it. thumbsup.gif

^ yes sometimes images change slightly in the uploading sad.png but nice shot !thumbsup.gif

Slightly better / clearer shot of the swallows, (I think) ....I knew I had it some where! facepalm.gif

Prepare%25252520rice%25252520field4507.j

even this shot has changed, from the edit, I just did to down size it....... the greens has become overly vibrant w00t.gif

Edited by samuijimmy

Thought a bit more about this Goshawk and went and fished the card out of the camera and will post a photo of the same bird in a different pose straight off the card with no PP for comparison.

The same photo as the first shot was taken off the camera for PP and I cant find the original although it should be backed up somewhere.

post-12069-0-11143500-1383880633_thumb.j

• Like 2

Thought a bit more about this Goshawk and went and fished the card out of the camera and will post a photo of the same bird in a different pose straight off the card with no PP for comparison.

The same photo as the first shot was taken off the camera for PP and I cant find the original although it should be backed up somewhere.

attachicon.gifIMG_3600.JPG

Much better, I think you sharpened the first photo too much.

Not a photo, but a feel good story about an Hawk Owl in Finland. I thought you might appreciate these kind of stories :)

In Finnish version, there was more explanation how the owl was swimming towards to the kajak and the guy hurried the bird to shore.

There was quite a few people involved in the rescue. One birdie friend was proving help by the phone. Another person took the owl inside of his jacket, to keep warm up the bird. Later on they put the owl in to a cartoon box, close by a fire to warm it up.

Just an lovely story about beautiful bird. Pictures can be seen in the article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2488891/Im-worn-hoot-Tired-freezing-owl-rescued-ice-cold-lake-canoeist.html

^ nice story oilinki, & well done to the canoeist.

i'd like to think that somewhere along it's travels it had seen Fishing Owls & thought......hey, i'm having some of that! (maybe it was one in a previous life & was having flashbacks ..w00t.gifwink.png )

After the flashback, all he got was a splash and could not get back up. :)

I love these birds. In Finland owls represents wisdom. Owls can stay still for a length of time, watching with the big eyes and attack when the time is right.

Is this the same in other cultures?

I wish to post pics here linked to my flickr account but I get a red message which says:

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I've read the sticky in "Posting Images-Guidelines" and have followed the 'method 2' procedures correctly.

So guys how do you post your images?

Club me if this has been done to death...Thanks!

I wish to post pics here linked to my flickr account but I get a red message which says:

I've read the sticky in "Posting Images-Guidelines" and have followed the 'method 2' procedures correctly.

Sounds like you are not using a 'jpg' extension on your image.

Don't think so. All my images were uploaded as Jpeg to Flickr; unless they (flickr) alter the file extension.

I am surprised you would get that message coming from your own Flickr (or Picasa for that matter) ... account...

I am not that familiar enough with Flickr, and how you set things up... i.e. Private, or view by anyone with link.... With Picasa, I have it set to "anyone with link"

Wondering if you have the setting set to "private" ???

I have seen that message here, when trying to link to an external link.

NOW! .... Just thinking out loud, are you doing it via attach file/ choose file box ? ... or are you opening your Flickr account and copying the image you want to post... that should just be a copy image then paste, to the page you are trying to post...

A few Flickr guys around here, hope they can help, if my thinking out loud does not help ! wink.png smile.png

• Like 1

Don't think so. All my images were uploaded as Jpeg to Flickr; unless they (flickr) alter the file extension.

The way I do it is to select the image size you want to use in Flickr then right click on the image and click "Copy Image Location". Than I use the Image icon above the reply box and paste that URL in which will have a .jpg extension. And I also had the same problem but the shared link is not what you want to use. You can put the shared link into the reply box, not the Image box, if you wish to go directly to the image on the flickr account. Useful when you want to give members access to the larger sizes.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I was just responding to Samuijimmy when Tywais's post came through with the solution.

I made the mistake of attaching the image link rather than "Copy image location".

Easy when you know how...lol. Thanks again.

Thanks everyone. I was just responding to Samuijimmy when Tywais's post came through with the solution.

I made the mistake of attaching the image link rather than "Copy image location".

Easy when you know how...lol. Thanks again.

or can remember how! blink.pngfacepalm.gifbiggrin.png that's the problem, with some of these things, if not done on a regular basis.... OMG I forget now! rolleyes.gif

..... better go feed the chickens ! .... oh I mean cocks.....tongue.png

2007%2520Ra%2520Not%2520%2526%2520area%2

Edited by samuijimmy
  • Like 1