For The Birds !

samuijimmy

Hawk...(?) Maehaad Beach, Koh Phengan

It's a young Sparrowhawk. Chinese possibly Japanese.. Juvenile birds very similar & hard to tell which one on my small laptop screen

Thanks !.... Boy!!!! ..... these birds sure get around ! But guess with migratory birds that's what they do! i guess that is why Thali Noi Lake in Songklha has so many birds in January, in particular~ !!! wink.png

Owl with broken wing.....it had a strong grip though....its claws went into my finger when i picked it up

That's a good, but sad, image. What became of it Fred?

It eventually ran off. I hope a cat didn't get it. It was a busy day at the temple with a big festival on and it had fallen from a tree. I put it in a cage for a while but felt sorry and removed it. Asked around if anyone was able to care for it or not but no takers. As a monk I wasn't in a position to jump on a motorbike and take it to the vet.

UFO. Model and maker unknown.

Uh.. It's difficult to take pictures of the birds. I have an hawk close to my home. I can hear it's screams every day and every now and then see it fly between the trees. But to take an photo.. I'll try another 2 weeks :)

2013-01-12_17-48-18.jpg

My favorite birds in Thailand. They always seems to go as couples. Somehow looking like they are up to something not so good.. but still in the curious and funny way.

2013-01-12_16-36-46.jpg

Owl with broken wing.....it had a strong grip though....its claws went into my finger when i picked it up

That's a good, but sad, image. What became of it Fred?

It eventually ran off. I hope a cat didn't get it. It was a busy day at the temple with a big festival on and it had fallen from a tree. I put it in a cage for a while but felt sorry and removed it. Asked around if anyone was able to care for it or not but no takers. As a monk I wasn't in a position to jump on a motorbike and take it to the vet.

A broken wing is a death sentence for a wild bird usually. Maybe not for an ostrich, certainly any that need to fly to feed/escape.

Owl with broken wing.....it had a strong grip though....its claws went into my finger when i picked it up...I know why falconers use thick gloves now..

post-44510-13579571684549_thumb.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect App

I once untangled a small owl from the fishing net that is used to grow cucumber vines, it's talons were as sharp as a hypodermic needle......ouch!

• Like 1

How many birds here?!!! Thali Noi area, Songkhla, in January.

I think only Alfred Hitchcock knows for sure. He was the only one who survived to tell the story.. whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I found these 3 also. They like to hang out on the fan by my desk. They also love to be fed by my wife!! Me too!

They look like sun parakeets, a native of South America...

They are endangered in the wild.

Sun Conures. They call em Som Canoua or something sounding like that in Thailand. I got the more yellow one in Dec 2011 and she was about a month old.

The other 2 we got as newborns in April 2012. Fed em with syringes. They are great birds and very smart. Like having 3 little kids. The older one took right to

the new ones so nice happy family now.