BANGKOK 19 March 2019 13:17
samuijimmy

For The Birds !

"Non breeding" ? .... how do they make babies? whistling.gif

5555...clap2.gif it's birder lingo for a seasonal change in its plumage colour. It's not celibate thumbsup.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif I guess i had better read up on Birder lingo biggrin.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hawk...(?) Maehaad Beach, Koh Phengan

It's a young Sparrowhawk. Chinese possibly Japanese.. Juvenile birds very similar & hard to tell which one on my small laptop screen

Hawk...(?) Maehaad Beach, Koh Phengan

It's a young Sparrowhawk. Chinese possibly Japanese.. Juvenile birds very similar & hard to tell which one on my small laptop screen

Thanks !.... Boy!!!! ..... these birds sure get around ! But guess with migratory birds that's what they do! i guess that is why Thali Noi Lake in Songklha has so many birds in January, in particular~ !!! wink.png

Owl with broken wing.....it had a strong grip though....its claws went into my finger when i picked it up

That's a good, but sad, image. What became of it Fred?

Owl with broken wing.....it had a strong grip though....its claws went into my finger when i picked it up

That's a good, but sad, image. What became of it Fred?

It eventually ran off. I hope a cat didn't get it. It was a busy day at the temple with a big festival on and it had fallen from a tree. I put it in a cage for a while but felt sorry and removed it. Asked around if anyone was able to care for it or not but no takers. As a monk I wasn't in a position to jump on a motorbike and take it to the vet.