Finding Land For Sale

If you fancy moving to buriram i can let you have 2 rai of good building land with electric and water supply for 30k per rai.

I can get more than double for the land but im prepared to help out another ex pat if you intend to build a house on the land.

If you fancy moving to buriram i can let you have 2 rai of good building land with electric and water supply for 30k per rai.

I can get more than double for the land but im prepared to help out another ex pat if you intend to build a house on the land.

Cheers for the offer, that's quite tempting (gf was almost tempted too), but I do need to stay closeish to my current job + gf's family.

OP be very, very careful if buying farm land to build a house on. Know Thais and farangs do all the time, BUT it can come back and bite you. This no problem, no one cares, is OK until someone decides to care.

My understanding, planing permission can not be back dated. See a land lawyer before spending any money, also remember you will never have a right to that land. It will be your wife [to be] land

Be careful. Jim

Good advice from Jimbo. In addition to that I would suggest getting the wife (landowner) to make a will leaving you the land/propety just incase you succeed her. Check Thai inheritance laws and you will see why.

D

Or if you have Thai children. Jim must have been burned because hes always stressing the point.

The opposite, happily married, first wife/first husband, 2 kids born in OZ. Live in Thailand, have a 100 rai rubber plantation and a licensed rubber factory.

No others in the same boat as me, but have seen what happens when things go wrong, just like anywhere in the world divorces can get very bitter. Jim

• Like 1

Trying to read between the lines: If there is any assumption of a Farang that if having children with a Thai/Wife/GF or whatever will improve his status as far as his Visa-Status is concerned. Simply forget it ! Having 2 or 20 Children with a Thai Female will not change anything at all.

Different in Europe, but not here in Thailand. Off topic? Not really.

Cheers.

Trying to read between the lines: If there is any assumption of a Farang that if having children with a Thai/Wife/GF or whatever will improve his status as far as his Visa-Status is concerned. Simply forget it ! Having 2 or 20 Children with a Thai Female will not change anything at all.

Different in Europe, but not here in Thailand. Off topic? Not really.

Cheers.

No it does in fact change some requirements as per visa. You can get an extension of stay. 1 year, reporting of course, for support of child.

Difference from other extension, retirement or spouse, is that you only need 400,000 Baht in the bank for one day. Money does not have to come from overseas, you can borrow it.

OP on another point re planning permission. The type of land you seem to be talking about will not come under the Amphor control. You would need permission from the Amphor and the body that controls the usage of that land. BKK or province.

When we built our rubber factory we needed 3 sets of planning permission. The land had no title at all, possession land. If it had had a low type title for farming, permission would not have been granted as it would have been zoned for farming only.

You really have to be careful, some titles are just a right to farm and if you don't farm the land for 3 years, someone can come and claim it, as you have not used it for the purpose.

Check, double and triple check before parting with money. The old days of a wink and a nod are disappearing fast, more and more goes through BKK. Jim

I can help you . You are looking for land/ house 50 km south of Roi-et. We have land and house for sale 50km south of Roi-et. Just 1km to to center of this city in a upcoming suburb.It is a house with swimming pool and a resort. Built to solid european standard. European/thai run well established business. All in best condition. All paid. Chanot.The resort can generate nice profit for your thai family.

post-16174-0-45813300-1358103490_thumb.j

What is the "right price" as you keep quoting? Maybe the listings you found on the internet with the right price are 5 years old, that's why they can't be contacted

The right price, depends on the land. Land which is next to the main road, I can appreciate that a high price is justified as the land has a potential commercial use e.g. I was shown some land yesterday, which they (not the owner) estimated might be worth 1 million THB a rai based on a previous sale nearby, because it's directly behind PTT. That's maybe the "Right Price" for that piece of land, but sometimes others are quoting similar prices (or higher), for land which doesn't justify the price e.g. it has no possible commercial value other than as a rice field or maybe flats. However either way, as I don't need to be next to PTT, or next to the main road (I'd ideally prefer to not be next to the main road, regardless of price, although at this stage I probably wouldn't split hairs)

And thanks for the offer RoiEt, however I think your place is in a different amphur to where I live (And I need to stay in this amphur)

Depending on the stability of your relationship and what you want to do with it., Chanote land would be the best to buy. Options are better but that land is expensive. The lesser valuable land has some undesireable rules that go along with it. I forgot the titles but I know we have some of both.

In my opinion, in relation to the economy, land is not cheap anywhere in Thailand.

To look for land, there is another way: Every major Thai-Bank has a website. One section lists property for sale. Those are mainly properties, that the Bank had to re-posess because the owners have dafaulted on payments.

Usually, the Banks start with an "asking-price". If not sold at this given price within a certain time-frame, the Bank will lower the price. Again and again until property is sold.

Advantage: Good deals available AND the land-papers will be just fine, since banks don't lend any money for land where the papers are non- existent or not above doubt in the first place.

Good hunting. Cheers.

Kasicorn bank used to have land and property on their books that they had repossesed. I had a look a couple of years ago and the prices were cheap.

Probably doubled now i know they have around the wifes village.

I wouldnt dream about buying more land in Thailand now. Way overpriced.

Kasicorn bank used to have land and property on their books that they had repossesed. I had a look a couple of years ago and the prices were cheap.

Probably doubled now i know they have around the wifes village.

I wouldnt dream about buying more land in Thailand now. Way overpriced.

Agreed, overpriced! More reason to go the way I described above. = If the bank has lowered the price for the second time, chances are, that a "fair" price is in the making. In a case like this I would seriously look at it.

Very much opposite to the GF, that proposes to "buy" land from her family!!! (Probably with no papers at all.) Heaven help us farangs.

At any rate: If "buying" Land, it is advisable to do this at least 700 KM away from "the Family". Have the land in the name of GF/Wife and live happily ever after, Knowing, that you will see "the Family" only once a year (usually around Songkran, as long as GF/Wife or you foots the bill for the bus-fare.)

Farangs could really live a worryfree live in Thailand if the relatoinship was limited to GF/Wife. No? Live and learn.

Cheers.