Keeping Medicine Cool (Ideas?)

williewolf

Have been prescribed medicine that has to be kept refrigerated at 2-8c. No problem at home but have to administer every hour. The problem being when I want to go out for the day. Anyone have any ideas how I can carry this round with me maintaining a decent temperature? The medicine (eye-drops) is in small eyedropper bottles about 25cl.

Many Thanks

WW

Have been prescribed medicine that has to be kept refrigerated at 2-8c. No problem at home but have to administer every hour. The problem being when I want to go out for the day. Anyone have any ideas how I can carry this round with me maintaining a decent temperature? The medicine (eye-drops) is in small eyedropper bottles about 25cl.

Many Thanks

WW

We have a really nice insulated bag (fairly small easy to put in a daypack) for our kid's meds. It comes with an ice pack if needed. We found it in the baby department of a Central Department store.

EDIT: Sorry, just re-read and realized what I'm talking about would be overkill for so little medicine and a temporary fix.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa ap

Edited by SteeleJoe

Hospital provides my eye drops in large screw top plastic container and has block of ice in plastic bag inside along with medication in another plastic bag. Seems to last quite a long time but expect temp is not that critical if using within the day (but would check internet or doctor for details). Normally such medications are for a month use so do not want higher temps for extended periods.

Hospital provides my eye drops in large screw top plastic container and has block of ice in plastic bag inside along with medication in another plastic bag. Seems to last quite a long time but expect temp is not that critical if using within the day (but would check internet or doctor for details). Normally such medications are for a month use so do not want higher temps for extended periods.

I should have asked at the hospital (Rutnin) about this but had been there waiting for two hours to see doc and then had to wait another two hours whilst they made the serum up so it was late and for the quickest way home just managed to catch the last boat. They put the serum into 21 small bottles (one a day) and then packed ice around it which was ok until I got home. I think I may give them a call or visit to see what they suggest.

Many Thanks

WW

I should have asked at the hospital (Rutnin) about this but had been there waiting for two hours to see doc and then had to wait another two hours whilst they made the serum up so it was late and for the quickest way home just managed to catch the last boat. They put the serum into 21 small bottles (one a day) and then packed ice around it which was ok until I got home. I think I may give them a call or visit to see what they suggest.

Many Thanks

WW

Go and get one of those polystyrene (cool) boxes from Makro and some cool pads (freeze them) or just buy some bags of ice and put it in box with the eye drops