The Photo Thread !

Khun Yak

The photo thread !  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Udon...

spent a month in Indo last year, Sulawesi (manado) was amazing heading back there soon, tana toraja and the Togians hopefully. Also spent a week in Flores and Bali, both great but the food in flores nearly did me in!! I really wanted to visit thye Moluccas but haven;t plucked up the courage yet, I think I'll need much better Bahasa before I venture that far out!

:o

Come down of your horse astral :o

I agree 100 percent.

I suggest you all read George's Post at the start of this forum.

Especially the part about:

1. You are only allowed to post pictures that you own (copyright issues)

2. You have two options to post your Thailand related pictures.

Thanks.

Now lets get on with the photos.

Edited by astral

Well I didn't ONLY ask for photos taken in Thailand. I think it's common sence that this forum is always related to Thailand in a way but as posted before a lot of people have other favourite pics as well. I don't see a problem if someone's coming up with a non-thailand-pic, no matter if landscape, people, sports and so on and he/she does have an interesting to tell with it or it's simply a self-explaining pic.

This Section is called "photography and the arts" which is there beside the photo galleries so lets just enjoy the pics and less the arguement weather a certain photo should rather be posted elsewhere.

Thx,

KY :o

OK, OK. I know you asked for our FAVOURITE picture, but I have many. Some are posted below but I will look through and see what else I have. I have many on film but have not transferred these over to digital at this stage.

post-10685-1144292715_thumb.jpg

Ang Thong Marine Park Viewpoint. I love the view. This is actually a scan of a conventional pic I took ages ago.

post-10685-1144292754_thumb.jpg

My friends kids doing Karate. Dunno why I like this. Fluke shot.

post-10685-1144292840_thumb.jpg

Even Bangkok has great sunrises.

One of my fave alltime shots. This cheeky old Akha lady used to keep me amused with her stories.

post-10685-1144292993_thumb.jpg

A photo of me and another Akha lady in the same village as above. I love this shot too. You'd not guess I had walked for hours and hours through the forest to get here!

post-10685-1144293094_thumb.jpg

This boy was so proud to wear his new T-shirt to his cousins ordination at the local temple.

post-10685-1144293163_thumb.jpg

I took this whilst working in Bali for a short while. Not perfect, but I like it anyway.

post-10685-1144293225_thumb.jpg

This little Karen girl lives not so far from Thong Pha Phum. Her eyes say a lot in this pic I think.

This is my friend 'Superman'. A former opium addict, he has been through the mill, but has the kindest eyes you will ever see.

I took this pic from the Chao Praya River Taxi. I love this. It sums up, for me, Bangkoks river scene.

A few others that I dug out....

Sunset on Koh Pha Ngan

Umbrella ladies on the boat to Victoria Point.

Rice Husking in Mae On.

post-10685-1144380779_thumb.jpg

Another Superman pic. I just love this man!

Stairs in a temple in Mae On,just outside Chiang Mai.

wow, nordlys. thanks so much for the big compliment! my heads gonna swell if this keeps up!

im not too familiar with how to post in the gallery. will have to take the time to checkit out and get cracking i guess.

post-1870-1144315410_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1144315452_thumb.jpgpost-1870-1144315722_thumb.jpg

Some of my most loved photoes

1 Cat Fish 2 floods in Pattaya 3 Our niece and friends from the village on holiday in Pattaya

I wish ! :D

No i am sorry to say that i had nothing to do with the catching of the fish.

I think it was cought near Nongkai, just think of the problem of having it mounted on your wall. :o

First pix was taken in the garden last summer under 35 c. The second one was my last chillis on late summer, small but oho...phed mak mak...Then I saw the little lovley green insect in the living room , sorry dont know the name, but it was really lovely tiny insect. Spider nest on my bacony, wish I had bigger one but this one was too small. The same little tiny green insect trying to sneak away as I wanted to make a shot and made her as my photo model for a while. :o my victim..

post-14758-1144529705_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1144529753_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1144529795_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1144529833_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1144529863_thumb.jpg

This pic was taken by Donz and I published it a thread that was deleted, so here it is again, it sums up Thailand's ingenuity for me.

I believe it was taken nr Kanch.

Check how the polehouse uses the living trees. :o

post-2707-1144532540_thumb.jpg

Some Thais might lack a formal education, but they sure make up for it with ingenuity :D

Hi - I'm new to the Photography forum but have seen some of you in other forums ....

I have loads of favourite photos but they are in such a disorganised mess with some on my laptop, some on my PC (this computer) and the majority on film in the cupboard. Here are a few of my favourites that I have stored on this computer ... all taken by me but the first three aren't of Thailand ....

I love this pic taken in Roturua, New Zealand last year ...

post-19593-1144678683_thumb.jpg

Also in New Zealand driving through Lewis Pass in the South Island. We turned the corner and came across this massive rainbow .... was obviously impressive as there were several cars of people stopped taking photos. Can't decide which of the two is my favourite.

post-19593-1144678893_thumb.jpgpost-19593-1144679045_thumb.jpg

Flower on a banana tree in my garden in Bangkok.

post-19593-1144679489_thumb.jpg

Sunset in Khon Kaen (Beung Kaen Nakorn) this past New Year's.

post-19593-1144679091_thumb.jpg

Sunflowers at a temple near Khorat

post-19593-1144679175_thumb.jpg

And finally .... one of my favourite pics of my son taken at Phimai ruins (near Khorat) just before New Year.

post-19593-1144679290_thumb.jpg

Edited by sylvafern

eheem.. cough cough splutter.. Adobe Photoshop CS is what you want, ehemm cough cough :D

How much is a fully licensed copy?? :o

US$649.00 :D From their site.

I have photoshop on my ibook (laptop) which I got free when I bought my computer at Pantip which is great for doing fancy things, but for regular touching up you can't beat ACD which I have on my PC. It's extremely simple to use and the colours come out (in my opinion) way better than on photoshop. I have ACD Pro which I got free (I think because I once enquired about purchasing it for my school and they sent it to me to try and persuade me) but before that I just used to download the free 30 day trials. For the most part, all I ever do to photos is click on the 'auto exposure' button .... here's a before and after example of what one click can do .....

Samctuary of Truth, Pattaya

500 baht admission, but plenty to point a camera at.

How can I find this place? I've only been to Pattaya once, but next time I'm heading that way I'd like to visit. Great pics, BTW.

Edited by sylvafern

Sylvafern

To get to the Sanctuary of Truth head down Pattaya North road from the main Sukhumvit Road and then turn right at the Doplhin roundabout towards Naklua. The turn off is quite a way down this road, soi 12 I think, where you turn left and then just follow the road to the entrance.

Best time to visit is around 1700 when most other visitors have gone and there is a nice evening light shining on the wood.

Have fun!