The Photo Thread !

Khun Yak

The photo thread !  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sylvafern

To get to the Sanctuary of Truth head down Pattaya North road from the main Sukhumvit Road and then turn right at the Doplhin roundabout towards Naklua. The turn off is quite a way down this road, soi 12 I think, where you turn left and then just follow the road to the entrance.

Best time to visit is around 1700 when most other visitors have gone and there is a nice evening light shining on the wood.

Have fun!

thanks! :o

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

sylvafern

but for regular touching up you can't beat ACD which I have on my PC. It's extremely simple to use ............

All I ever do to photos is click on the 'auto exposure' button ....

I concur, ACDSee is as you mentioned.

For easy to use, croping etc.. great. :D

Yours truly, :D

Kan Win :o

Edited by Kan Win

:D

To one and all woooooooooooooooowwww Great Photos. :D

Keep them a coming please.

Remember to re-size your photos down to say 800 x 600 if possible before posting.

Thank you

Yours truly,

Kan Win :o

Remember to re-size your photos down to say 800 x 600 if possible before posting.

I use Irfan View as my main photo viewing software.

It has a very useful feature under the Image button on the tool bar

that allows you to resize photos. I use it regularly to downsize images for e-mail, etc.

Always remember to keep the high resolution original for printing later.

I use Irfan View as my main photo viewing software.

It has a very useful feature under the Image button on the tool bar

that allows you to resize photos. I use it regularly to downsize images for e-mail, etc.

Always remember to keep the high resolution original for printing later.

I used both if them. ACDSee and Irfan view and I think ACDSee is a bit better and easier to understand and use for part time photo editor like me.

Anyone every been to Haw Par Villa in Singapore?

post-25680-1145619374_thumb.jpg post-25680-1145619426_thumb.jpg post-25680-1145619468_thumb.jpg

It's worth to have a look and shake your head...

2 images i took north of chang mai 2003, when i was just starting photography,

i was very far from the ladies .. they didn't notice me ( using my long lense 400mm )

they were renting the custume and taking photo's with family ...

i don't think they are Thais .. maybe tourists from Korea or china ..

cheers,

post-28548-1146168433_thumb.jpg

post-28548-1146168594_thumb.jpg

Yeah.. i like to live dangerously...

It´s the San Toliman Volcano, or sumthin.

lake Atitlan (For people with Google Earth: 14º37`60.00" N 91º13´60.00" W Approximately...).

Spring is here. Now there are some of my flowers.

* Tulip*....what a dull day , raining and raining, this Tulip at least made me a Day.

* Wild Orchid*....I took this pix as I visited Thaling Chan Floating Market.

* English Roses*.....belong to my friend on her balcony. It was already flabby, but still showing her (last ) beauty.

* White Rose*....my favarite one. I got a bunch from a friend on my Bday.

* Naa Wua*....sorry dont know the name in English. I love this flower, now they have 5 flowers at a time in the living room.

* Bougainvillaea * one of my very favarite flowers under the heat of Thailand. But this little one I took at my sister's

post-14758-1146234228_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1146234259_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1146234306_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1146234354_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1146234383_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1146234421_thumb.jpg

Edited by Saothai

lake Atitlan (For people with Google Earth: 14º37`60.00" N 91º13´60.00" W Approximately...).

Kayo: is this the place?

How on earth did you land there? :o Don't you miss (in comparison) Thailand?

LaoPo

Kayo: is this the place?

How on earth did you land there? :o Don't you miss (in comparison) Thailand?

LaoPo

I don´t know, and er... yes! i Do, very much.

I´m on the north shore of the lake though, so we get sunshine morning til night, and the splendid view of not just those two volcanoes but also the baby volcano, and the third on ewhich is out of shot on that picture... Plus, look at your earth shot, that whole lake is the Crater of a Massive volcano in itself.....130 sq km of crater bud... on a world famous fault line, in a part of the world often wreckedby natural disasters... Gotta like living dangerously!

This is the lake that got hit by hurricane Stan last year approx ten times more powerful than hurricane Mitch, in the nineties. Pics of the damage can be found here:

hurricane stan in my village

It was not much fun...

(By the way, my village is on the north, if you find the northern most point of the lake, I´m on a little flat that looks whiter on the map, just to the east of that part of the lake. We look straight out from a river valley, over the lake. Stunning, really. Here´s another pic.

Looking out over the south east...

lakevieweast7qi.jpg

and looking otu over the south west:

lakeviewwest1ez.jpg

and looking down on the village (this pic was swabbed from a mate)

panajachel026rc.jpg

Niether of the names Panajachel (the village name) nor the San Fransisco River have yet made it on the map) though you can zoom right in on them. )

Edited by kayo

Indeed a very special place to be, Kayo! Very beautiful.

I wondered (saw your pics before) what that larger white building in the village is...kind of half circle; a hotel?

The 1st larger photo....on the beach...quite busy there, right? :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

i was very far from the ladies .. they didn't notice me ( using my long lense 400mm )

cheers,

Mr. Speaker I like your photos, they are so clear and colourful. Can you tell me how you reduce your photos to 50kb's such as the girls in your pic and not lose any of the quality? Thanks.

cheers,

Mr. Speaker I like your photos, they are so clear and colourful. Can you tell me how you reduce your photos to 50kb's such as the girls in your pic and not lose any of the quality? Thanks.

Thanks,

just wanna ask the same question :o

Gerd

Indeed a very special place to be, Kayo! Very beautiful.

I wondered (saw your pics before) what that larger white building in the village is...kind of half circle; a hotel?

The 1st larger photo....on the beach...quite busy there, right? :o

LaoPo

Donna, Many memories have I of this bridge.. My ex, nightwalk strolls... Ah! ....

Laopo, Yeah, the semi circular building is indeed a 120 dollar a night hotel. I´ve only beeen there once, upon the invitation of a lovely english lass last year who happened to be staying ther.. Fitness, health spa, the whole shabbang.. but it´s not that nice, it´s more like a holiday inn or hilton, than, say, Neemrana fort Palace Hotel (where my brother got married last month...)