The Photo Thread !

Khun Yak

The photo thread !  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Our driver to Nang Yuan, Koh Tau.

redrus

ps; I'm trying stuff here, how do you post more than 1 pic............?

post-16343-1147688962_thumb.jpg

Edited by redrus

Our driver to Nang Yuan, Koh Tau.

redrus

ps; I'm trying stuff here, how do you post more than 1 pic............?

redrus :o

Same way as you posted the first one, (Add This Attachment) you Kan add more.

Yours truly

Kan Win :D

Long Beach, Kecil Island, Perhentian Islands, Malaysia. I know its not LOS but, its not far and its too nice not to post..... :opost-16343-1147692503_thumb.jpg

One of Thian Og Bay, Koh Taopost-16343-1147692692_thumb.jpg

redrus

* Once again, cheers Kan Win.

Edited by redrus

Since I am using Digital camera for the last 2.5 years, and has been living outside of Thailand, now all nice pixs of Thailand are only in my album ( paper ). I dont have scanner. :D

Just want to share some of the very few Thailand's pixs from digital

* Hua Hin Beach...my favarite place...waiting to come....but when... :D

* Cha Am Beach....on my last Songkran.

* Dok Khem...after the rain has falling...by Sting..oppss..by Saothai at Mom's Property :D

* Sunset doesnt mean Goodbye....it means hello (soon) again..by Saothai :o

post-14758-1147725664_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1147725703_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1147725727_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1147725755_thumb.jpg

post-14758-1147725799_thumb.jpg

I have this favourite travel photo to share with the photography enthusiasts in this forum. It was taken on a full moon night in Pai by the riverside where I was dining in a restaurant in January. The moon was over the Pai River and I snapped this the best way I could despite the limitations of my old 4 megapixel Nikon and without a tripod. By the way, there was a jazz gig being held in Pai town on that particular night.

post-21376-1148454363_thumb.jpg

I have this favourite travel photo to share with the photography enthusiasts in this forum. It was taken on a full moon night in Pai by the riverside where I was dining in a restaurant in January. The moon was over the Pai River and I snapped this the best way I could despite the limitations of my old 4 megapixel Nikon and without a tripod. By the way, there was a jazz gig being held in Pai town on that particular night.

Nice pic.....you just have to 'photoshop' the electrical cable away :o

LaoPo

Very nice pix with romantic atmosphere. I like this kind of pix. The Pai River looked great with the reflextion of the moon.

Nice pic.....you just have to 'photoshop' the electrical cable away :o

LaoPo

Thanks for your suggestion. It was a real sweat to do a decent erasure (of the cable in the photo) but I did it after hours of Photoshop, the result of which is attached.

post-21376-1148970106_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bakuteh

Nice pic.....you just have to 'photoshop' the electrical cable away :D

LaoPo

Thanks for your suggestion. It was a real sweat to do a decent erasure (of the cable in the photo) but I did it after hours of Photoshop, the result of which is attached.

:oWow, you did a great job and it's a one-of-a-kind beautiful pic now; my compliments!

A postcard worthy :D

LaoPo

Very nice pix with romantic atmosphere. I like this kind of pix. The Pai River looked great with the reflextion of the moon.

Thanks for your kind compliments. Your photos look great too!

You could call this one of Wat Tum (sp?) in Yala Province a favorite, based on the time I've spent tinkering. This is from a rocky outlook on the walking trail up to a cave containing a massive reclining Buddha image.

It is an experiment with making a composite panorama from a bunch of hand-held SLR shots. The experiment taught me that more care was needed in taking the original photos, because digital muckery will only get you so far. :o

The detail is from a telephoto shot. Part of the experiment was mixing wide-angle fill and telephoto detail shots in the panorama, but the effect was less controlled than I hoped. I would suggest being patient and using all telephoto shots. You can always reduce resolution in post-processing, but you cannot bring any back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This first pic was taken when I was down and out and waiting for my flight home some 6 years ago, taken with an Olympus OM10, which was nearly pawned by my then mental GF!

gecko.jpg

This next pic is taken from my second season of 'helping out' a friends business on Koh Chang, Olive is one of 3 identical kittens who somehow found their way into the bar - I guessed they were helped along their way considering all of the neighbours knew we loved animals(or at least didn't want to eat them...)

In her mouth is an unlucky gecko, she skinned it first then played with it for about 3 hours :o

olive.jpg

This next pic is of a dog who decided he liked our land, for reasons we think to do with the sick, serious and callous animal cruelty that went on around us, his name was rantenplan - named by a German friend who was astounded when I didn't know who Rantenplan(the cartoon) was, do you know??

rantenplan.jpg

This last pic is of the most stupid and possibly lucky cat on Koh Chang(that we knew of), his name was, unsurprisingly, Popeye, he got this name after a friend of mine found him in the street with his eye popping out after being hit by what seemed like a BKK Hummer - the eye was duly popped back in(although never working again - it was funny to look at). This is the only cat I've ever seen sleeping like this, very unusual and lazy behaviour!!

popeye.jpg

These are my favourite pics of Thailand as these animals were with me on Koh Chang most of the time I stayed there - they never got drunk, never talked rubbish, only smelled a little bit like sh1t and kept us all smiling

Edited by Nikkijah
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi, sorry I don't have a particular favorite. You all help me decide.

post-2263-1160317879_thumb.jpg Taken in my village in India.

post-2263-1160317894_thumb.jpg Taken from my bathroom tap.

post-2263-1160317910_thumb.jpg On my hand

post-2263-1160317930_thumb.jpg From my tank.

post-2263-1160317944_thumb.jpg Taken @ Hin Suay Nam Sai (Rayong) 1

post-2263-1160317956_thumb.jpgTaken @ Hin Suay Nam Sai (Rayong) 2

Guardian