BANGKOK 24 July 2019 10:05
Sign in to follow this  
webfact

Australian Tourist Found Dead From Possible Drug Overdose In Phuket Resort

Australian tourist found dead from possible drug overdose in Phuket resort

Phuket Gazette

PHUKET: -- Patong police believe an Australian tourist who was found dead in his Phuket hotel room yesterday died from a drug overdose.

The 45-year-old, whose name has yet to be released to the public by police, was staying at resort in the Patong beach area.

Captain Teerasak Boonsang of the Patong Police told the Phuket Gazette the man’s body was discovered at about 4pm.

“We believe he has been dead for two days,’’ Capt Boonsang said.

The police examination of the room uncovered an empty bottle of medication for preventing seizures and convulsions.

“There was also blood stains around his nose,’’ Capt Boonsang added.

The man’s family, who arrive in Phuket today, confirmed the man had no health issues that they were aware of.

Source: http://www.phuketgaz...sort-19940.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-12

I am 'gobsmacked'............No health issues, but medication for seizures and convulsions ?

Where does the "possible drug overdose" theory come from .

The medicine is considered a drug. Still can overdose on prescription meds that are sold over the counter here.

Amazing Thailand a place where every 1 in 10,000 visitors becomes a casualty. Which other tourist destination the world-over can claim such an amazing reputation. Maybe its something in the water.

Amazing Thailand a place where every 1 in 10,000 visitors becomes a casualty. Which other tourist destination the world-over can claim such an amazing reputation. Maybe its something in the water.

Sadly that could well be a tourist who has drowned or been hit by a boat or jetski. Edited by jacko45k

Hope they find out more with a Autopsie, at age 45 to young but hope he was enjoying his last days of his life to the fullest! RIP

It seems like a lot of foreigners who come on vacation to Thailand die here. If I were a scientific minded person I guess I would look at the number of vacationer deaths as a percentage of tourists. If the official number of tourists is around 15 million, and we adjust for the number of Thais and other foreigners who come on tourist visas for whatever reason... we can guess the number of holiday makers in a year is ... I dont know... lets say 10 million. So it seems to me a few are gonna die.

Another topic is violent deaths or violence perpetrated on foreigners. From personal experience... I would say the rate of violence in other western countries is much higher than the rate in Thailand. I am never nervous walking anywhere here late at night (although I must admit you won't find me in lower sukumvit).

• Like 2

I am 'gobsmacked'............No health issues, but medication for seizures and convulsions ?

The medicine is considered a drug. Still can overdose on prescription meds that are sold over the counter here.

Yes, and add alcohol, which is another drug, to those prescription drugs and it can be fatal.

• Like 1

Its a classic BiB tactic. Blame it on drugs so no investigation needed

Case closed.

I am not doubting this, but do you have a credible source that you can add as an citation please?

How about we look at the big RED stop light which is shining into our faces and wait,wait,wait, for a while for a real explanation!

Spoilsport!

Where's the fun in that? (sic)

Let us alone, we can all rubberneck and speculate as much as we like!!

(We've obviously got nothing better to do)

Nevermind TiT,

TiTV!!

• Like 2

gee, how about an empty bottle of a potentially dangerous drug, if misused.