BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Tywais

Smoke, Smog, Dust 2013 Chiang Mai

When can you consider the smokey season over ? I think i will move to chiang mai at this point.

When it's too wet to light fires.

• Like 1

after the burning season in the north is the air clean ? Is the daily pollution from traffic in Chiang mai as bad as bangkok ? where is there clean air in Thailand.. I am looking for clean air

after the burning season in the north is the air clean ? Is the daily pollution from traffic in Chiang mai as bad as bangkok ? where is there clean air in Thailand.. I am looking for clean air

the air is cleaned when the rains start.. That could be as late as May or in some years much earlier.. Hard to predict...

Doi Suthep late afternoon view February 13, 2013, and a view to the north on the following morning.

post-91669-0-05696000-1360819936_thumb.j

post-91669-0-60655000-1360820006_thumb.j

What is wrong with the pollution sensors in the city? CM has been the cleanest city in Thailand the last 2 days. The current reading at city hall is 11. I'm guessing it is nearing 80 but would like to know.

Not a bad year so far and after arriving in early December I thought it was going to be a repeat of last year. No hacking cough or sledge in the lungs. Leaving in 2 weeks to escape the worst of it so with any luck I will have survived CM smog, dust, and burning.

What is wrong with the pollution sensors in the city? CM has been the cleanest city in Thailand the last 2 days. The current reading at city hall is 11. I'm guessing it is nearing 80 but would like to know.

You're looking at NO2 reading, not PM10 @ NO DATA today

How bad do you think this season might be and why ? I am kind of in limbo until the smoke lifts then I want to study in Chiang mai

You're looking at NO2 reading, not PM10 @ NO DATA today

Thanks, just checked and reading is 76. Not great but can live with it.

Here's another "article" from Chiang Mai Mail:

http://www.chiangmai...rent/news.shtml

Nice picture of a field on fire, but not of soldiers putting it out. That's what the PR release printed by the Mail is about.

OK, Chiang Mai News and Chiang Mai Mail, how about some real reporting based on interviews with enforcement and fire fighting officials, such as: How many fires have been reported and mapped so far in December 2012 and in this calendar year? How many arrests and where have they been made so far this year? How many court cases are there or fines and other penalties have been levied? How many fires has the Army put out this year and where? Will agencies make public weekly reports? If not, why not? And while you are at it, you might ask the Governor's office what reports the governor is getting, and will he make them public.

Time to walk the walk, not talk the talk.

Edited by Mapguy
  • Like 1

Any numbers on the PM-10 and/or PM-2.5 levels considered safe. For PM-10 I remember it was 100 in Thailand but seems to be 80 on most recent info I could find. WHO lists 80. Interested in what it is in USA, thought I saw 50 previously. Anybody have any data?

since the official website is hard to negotiate (and doesn't work on mobile - kind of what you'd expect from a government site...)

post-20814-0-60183800-1361095720_thumb.p

post-20814-0-27428400-1361095742_thumb.p

140 today... not so good; serious season has begun...

• Like 1

since the official website is hard to negotiate (and doesn't work on mobile - kind of what you'd expect from a government site...)

Where are these from? Is there a site I can look up this data?

Where are these from? Is there a site I can look up this data?

http://aqmthai.com/

• Like 1