BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
Tywais

Smoke, Smog, Dust 2013 Chiang Mai

What ho ! Who approacheth? Is it the fat lady to celebrate the end of our seasonal smoky opera? Nay! It is a corpulent katoi countertenor!

The haze has cleared, we continue our folly!

Now the boys can see us broads, Loy Kroh's more jolly,

Fa, la … la, la, la, la

La…la… la… la

But most --- sigh! --- will go back to parsing food

And over cleaning roadside utensils to brood.

Fa, la…la, la, la ,la

La…la… la…...... (Excuse me, I have to go powder my nose)

It's been a gas! sick.gif

The awful season seems truly past!

• Like 1

3 nights of decent rainfall (along with some righteous lightning) have cleared and cooled the air up in the Pai valley. Everything turning green, lots of colorful tree blossoms, blue ginkos, butterflies, dragonflies, fireflies, billowing white cumulus, double rainbows and mushrooms any day now....I love this time of year here!

• Like 1

3 nights of decent rainfall (along with some righteous lightning) have cleared and cooled the air up in the Pai valley. Everything turning green, lots of colorful tree blossoms, blue ginkos, butterflies, dragonflies, fireflies, billowing white cumulus, double rainbows and mushrooms any day now....I love this time of year here!

Me too! Took a bike ride in the mist and drizzle and it was so nice. Still ran into a few smoldering areas however.

Just wanted to say the air has been good these past few days. Hope this keeps up!

re

Just wanted to say the air has been good these past few days

hes right : )

pic 1 taken yesterday morning

pic 2 this morning

dave2

post-42592-0-92633300-1368706851_thumb.j

post-42592-0-86078300-1368706896_thumb.j

Lest we forget: Air Pollution kills more people than AIDS and Malaria combined:

http://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/stories/fact-air-pollution-kills-more-people-than-aids-and-malaria

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Mapguy,

That's a delicious double-helping of trouble you've brought us today, thanks !

The factoid about air pollution killing more leads us to wonder:

"Air Pollution kills more people than AIDS and Malaria combined:" ... because ... more people breathe than there are people who ... ?

That's as far as we can go, for now, because we only have one death to live left.

appreciately, ~o:37;

Today, I was able to enjoy the beautiful view in many directions from high in Chiang Mai. It was a wonderful clear evening. I don't actually spend much time huddled in a room on my computer trying to be clever.

This business about air pollution is a serious business. Sometimes, it seems too many people take life --- including other peoples' well-being and lives --- too casually. So, boring as it is to many, I have continued to post information as I find it. (Somehow I doubt anyone has bothered to read the most recent 300 page plus report from WHO in post 501 above. I haven't read the whole report, either, but the index does come in handy, and you might find reading the abstract, certain parts, and the conclusions a quick way to get into it.

The problem isn't an easy one to fix, but I still hear too many old tired excuses and general carping. It doesn't mean you have to be the next messiah for a healthy environment.

Breathe well!

Edited by Mapguy

Breathe well!

Lovely blue sky and fluffy clouds today.

clouds5182013.jpg

A post containing a link to Bangkok Post has been removed:

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed. It is generally accepted, but not written into law, that quoting the first two or three sentences of an article and giving a link to the source is considered “fair use” and not a violation of copyright.

I hope the haze started by the indonesians doesn't reach CM..

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app