"one Month" From Feb 23 Would Be When?

I'm trying to find out if the practice of making a lease agreement for "1 month" (same day the following month) instead of "30 days" (30 actual days) is common.

30 days from Feb 23rd would be March 25th, of course. However, a proposal that I received from a leasing company here in Bangkok says that the lease term would be from Feb 23 to March 23, even though Feb has only 28 days.

If it were only a few thousand baht/month it wouldn't matter so much to me. But those two mystery days work out to about 10,000 baht total and it concerns me. Management is unwilling to budge on the "Feb 23-March 23" period.

What's been your experience in similar technicalities?

Edited by thohts

What happens in 31 day months?

Using calander months makes things easier, you lose some months and gain on others.

Some firms, such as BT in the UK, actually charge by the day but bill and quote by the month so the telephone rental varies every month, and this does make checking very difficult even if the system is very fair. But they get a lot of complaints along the line "you have charged me £11.17 instead of £11 rental", and it takes a lot of explaining about 31 day months etc.

What happens in 31 day months?

Using calander months makes things easier, you lose some months and gain on others.

Some firms, such as BT in the UK, actually charge by the day but bill and quote by the month so the telephone rental varies every month, and this does make checking very difficult even if the system is very fair. But they get a lot of complaints along the line "you have charged me £11.17 instead of £11 rental", and it takes a lot of explaining about 31 day months etc.

I would rather the calendar month system for everything keeps it all nice and easy. Its the same here with True internet - calendar month billing the admin and problems of daily rates must be a nightmare..