Mcdonalds Fries R Not Gluten-free

aughie

People on the TV forum talk about gluten-free diets so I thought I'd post this.

Last week McDonalds revealed that their fries contained both wheat and dairy products. They may taste great, but the wheat products can cause gastrointestinal symptoms in people that suffer from celiac disease. In fact gluten, a protein found in wheat, can cause damage to the intestines in people with celiac disease.

http://www.bestsyndication.com/Articles/20...alds_celiac.htm

-a

I don't really mind if McDonalds puts small amounts of anthrax in their food.

It really hits the spot when you haven't been around Western food for a while. :D

Burger King is much better if you have to touch fast food! :o

You should taste BK in America.

Thay use much better beef than McD's there, but here they all use the same tasteless Aussie cr*p (great people, lousy beef)! :D

It really hits the spot when you haven't been around Western food for a while. :D

Burger King is much better if you have to touch fast food! :D

You should taste BK in America.

Thay use much better beef than McD's there, but here they all use the same tasteless Aussie cr*p (great people, lousy beef)! :D

I'm sorry, but the last thing I think about when I hear Maccy D or Burger King is quality beef.

It's all lips and sphinkters :o:D:D

I'm not going to defend McDonalds. I use to eat a cheeseburger, get sick and not be hungry the rest of the day. Saved money. Super Size Me was not to be taken seriously. Do I get it right that he ended up in the hospital on an iv drip because of being on a Micky D diet for 30 days? Com'on. There are people they drag out for pr that have lived on nothing but McDonalds or Oscar Mayer bologna for years. That's all they eat so SSM was a bs film.

Are preservatives antioxidants? if so nothing wrong with a little AO running through the system scavaging free radicals eh?

I'm not going to defend McDonalds. I use to eat a cheeseburger, get sick and not be hungry the rest of the day. Saved money. Super Size Me was not to be taken seriously. Do I get it right that he ended up in the hospital on an iv drip because of being on a Micky D diet for 30 days? No, that never happened. He had other complications, that were just "normal" of someone who was in very poor health. However, what happened to him was just that, what happened to him. It all depends on ones biochem. In the extras they interviewed a guy who eats two to three Big Macs and day and never had a problem. So, yeah some people can handle it, I guess.

Com'on. There are people they drag out for pr that have lived on nothing but McDonalds or Oscar Mayer bologna for years. That's all they eat so SSM was a bs film.

Are preservatives antioxidants? if so nothing wrong with a little AO running through the system scavaging free radicals eh?

^

No, that never happened. He had other complications, that were just "normal" of someone who was in very poor health. However, what happened to him was just that, what happened to him. It all depends on ones biochem.

Was it the vapors?

^
No, that never happened. He had other complications, that were just "normal" of someone who was in very poor health. However, what happened to him was just that, what happened to him. It all depends on ones biochem.

Was it the vapors?

Let's see, he had hard blood vessels, his heart was over worked, but the thing that got the doctors was what his liver was going through. They said it was just like a drunks liver, too many toxins to handle, that was the big one.

I agree :D

McDonald's isn't food, end of story. Watch Super Size Me and see for yourself. Their french fires stayed in a glass jar without rot for over ten weeks I think it was. DO NOT EAT IT! :D

Actually, I very rarely eat Mcdonalds, however both times I watched super size me, I didnt get to see the end as I was off out to buy Macdonalds - not quite the right effect, im sure :o

Last week McDonalds revealed that their fries contained both wheat and dairy products. They may taste great, but the wheat products can cause gastrointestinal symptoms in people that suffer from celiac disease. In fact gluten, a protein found in wheat, can cause damage to the intestines in people with celiac disease.

-a

I could do with a mcdonalds right now

-a

What would you have Markuk?

-a

Chicken nuggets with mustard sauce.... yummy! :o

Doggone it, I skipped Burger King today before coming home, and now I'm hungry for a charbroiled burger.

When I walk into BKing, the counter staff automatically shouts to the cook, "doubl chee' no musta'" as if that's my name.

must admit i prefer burger king

Doggone it, I skipped Burger King today before coming home, and now I'm hungry for a charbroiled burger.

When I walk into BKing, the counter staff automatically shouts to the cook, "doubl chee' no musta'" as if that's my name.

Recognition, good service and a burger. They satisfly many cravings.

-a

and what would you have??

• 3 weeks later...
It's all lips and sphinkters :D:D:D

mmmmmmm.......reminds me of Issan food. Throw in some scrambled gecko legs, tadpole tits, buffalo tongue, jingjok gizzards and a sprinkling of ants eggs...mmmmm.....Yummy! :o

• 3 weeks later...

I remember back in 1993, a rumour went around that someone in Bangkok bit into a McD hamburger that contained parts of a cow's eyeball. It put me off eating the hamburgers there to this day - I have only ever eaten nuggets or McChickens since.

The movie "Super Size Me" was crap worthy of Michael Moore. I highly doubt that the average person would have similar health problems in the same circumstances. A lot depends on what your meal choices are too.

There was another movie/documentary shortly after "SSM" came out. A woman that tried the same thing (eating nothing but McDonalds fast food). I think she went 3 months and actually lost weight !

She mentioned in an interview I saw, that if all you did was order cheeseburgers, french fries, apple pies and pop, yes you probably would bloat out. But if you make sensible meal choices and don't pig-out every time, you shouldn't have a problem.

I've eaten at Mickey D's once in the last 4 months. Same for KFC. Twice at Subway (not really considered fast food).

Here (in Pattaya), fast food is flagging down the soup guy roaring past on his motorcycle/food cart. :o