Flowers!

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really struggling with this topic... Here are a few attempts. Any criticism / advice welcomed!

attachicon.gifDSC_0142.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0174.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0175.jpg

I wish I had cleaned the bird poop off the leaf beforehand!

attachicon.gifDSC_0176.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0185.jpg

Not sure why you are struggling here Rob, them pics are OK..... thumbsup.gif ... but what are you doing with the poppy seed pod ... ? Perhaps don't answer that!...it could be incriminating .... whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Not sure why you are struggling here Rob, them pics are OK..... thumbsup.gif ... but what are you doing with the poppy seed pod ... ? Perhaps don't answer that!...it could be incriminating .... whistling.gifbiggrin.png

It's even been scored already. biggrin.png

The pics look good to me. One way to enhance flower images is to sprinkle a few drops of water on them or use a water mister and spray them.

Thanks for the encouragement! I still hope to do a lot better. I found the poppy head growing in the garden of the Doi Pui Hilltribe Museum two days ago. I am guessing (hoping!) that it was there purely for demonstration purposes ermm.gif

I'm really struggling with this topic... Here are a few attempts. Any criticism / advice welcomed!

attachicon.gifDSC_0142.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0174.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0175.jpg

I wish I had cleaned the bird poop off the leaf beforehand!

attachicon.gifDSC_0176.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0185.jpg

Flower shots look OK but maybe you are losing a little detail in the red rose. Red is a challenging colour on digital sensors and frequently needs the saturation reducing and luminance levels adjusting to realise the true colour and bring out the detail.

The bird dropping are easy.

Maybe the attached appeals?

I've adjusted the yellow channel also to reduce the background and emphasise the rose

post-134340-0-59453300-1391101052_thumb.

Archived