Flowers!

samuijimmy

Wasn't sure if this should go in Abstracts or Flowers. smile.png Found this drifting across my balcony so brought it in and put it on some blue cardboard (couldn't find black). Had to turn the fans and AC off as the slightest breeze sent it off. Used the 12-40 f/2.8 Pro lens on my EM-1. Direct from the camera to Flickr with no cropping or PP. ISO 1600, 1/30 Sec, f/2.8, 40mm (80mm equivalent) and manual focus. Really love the focus zoom and focus peaking on the camera.

12534853295_a53943d388_c.jpg

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12524036643_01e0f0bb79_b.jpg

12478835014_9d790c22d0_b.jpg

post-12069-0-40307600-1393165097_thumb.j

Cochlospermum religiosum
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Cochlospermum religiosum 220px-Yellow_Silk_Cotton_%28Cochlospermu Cochlospermum religiosum blossoms Scientific classification Kingdom: Plantae (unranked): Angiosperms (unranked): Eudicots (unranked): Rosids Order: Malvales Family: Bixaceae Genus: Cochlospermum Species: C. religiosum Binomial name Cochlospermum religiosum

(L.) Alston

Cochlospermum religiosum is a flowering plant from the tropical region of Southeast Asia and the Indian Subcontinent. It is a small tree growing to a height of 7.5 m usually found in dry deciduous forests. The name religiosum derives from the fact that the flowers are used as temple offerings. It is also known as Silk-Cotton Tree because the capsules containing the seeds have a fluffy cotton-like substance similar to kapok.[1] Another common name is Buttercup tree because its yellow and bright flowers look like large-sized buttercups.[2]

In Thailand it is the provincial tree of Nakhon Nayok Province.

Just found these guys sprouting in my front yard. Olympus OMD-D EM-1 but with my 14-140 kit lens. Needed to keep the f-stop pretty small to keep the pistil and leaves in focus plus starting to get dark. So on tripod f/8 1/5sec ISO 200. Still the bokeh came out pretty good for the kit lens. Pretty happy with the way it came out.

13007118005_67ec5c061a_b.jpg

^^^ FR....just ran outta likes. The set is great.

Thanks; not bad for an ancient Russian lens!

My £35 copy is awesome. In fact this is my fave lens. It's what took the photo in post 359.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived