Flowers!

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ don't know that one Shaggy... you are over taxing me facepalm.giftongue.png

Here is a Passion vine... this grows in many climate zones... This one I had on Samui, (it died from too much rain, I tink!) ....had the same type back in Canada too... thumbsup.gif

(I am trying to post an image with a reply... so as not just read text.... in a reply....

I think we should all do that.... especially not to say "I am out of Likes" ... what do you guys say?.... that's getting to be a bit much lately .....w00t.giftongue.png

Garden%25252520May%2525252009_22.JPG

Another water lily shot but I just enjoy the colors that nature graces us with.

Wonderful photo Fiddlesticks,it almost looks 3-D.

How did you achieve that affect? was that straight from the camera or did you do some PP work?

Hi Shaggy,

Thank you for your kind comments. All of my photos have some post processing adjustments. This is no exception. I do not put in things that were not there but I will make tone, luminance, contrast and saturation adjustments to make the image reflect what I felt at the time I took the image. Glad you enjoyed it.

Stix

I am not sure if this one is a flower or a plant,there are a couple of these in our garden minefield.

I just call them Mrs Shaggy's shin wreckers w00t.gif

Yiks blink.png like nothing I have seen before... so don't ask me the name tongue.png .... looks like a bunch of aliens ..... scary.... w00t.gif

This is a bit more delicate wink.png

GLA%2520House%2520Aug%252026%252C%252025

I am not sure if this one is a flower or a plant,there are a couple of these in our garden minefield.

I just call them Mrs Shaggy's shin wreckers w00t.gif

20130726-P1020970.jpg

Really nice, clear image. Had you not told me it was a flower (or land mine) I would have been scratching my head to figure this one out! It could have been a really weird caterpillar or the like! Anyway, really like it.

^ Sure is weird... be nice to see a pic of the whole plant! Shaggy!

This is what they look like Jim

20130726-P1020971.jpg

Am surprised that you can not see pieces of my skin attached to the horns.

Nasty little devils.......am thinking about buying some shin pads !!!!

20130726-P1020978.jpg

This is what they look like with some flash.....the green colour on the ones above comes from the green netting in our roof.

20130726-P1020976.jpg

^ Sure is weird... be nice to see a pic of the whole plant! Shaggy!

This is what they look like Jim

20130726-P1020971.jpg

Am surprised that you can not see pieces of my skin attached to the horns.

Nasty little devils.......am thinking about buying some shin pads !!!!

This is what they look like with some flash.....the green colour on the ones above comes from the green netting in our roof.

ah ha! now I can see it better.... thumbsup.gif It's a cactus mutant grafted on to what looks like Euphorbia ...( I know you know exactly what that is!! tongue.pngbiggrin.png ) quite common, to see... perhaps not that large!...w00t.gif

Sometimes red ball type cactus on top... you'd probably find them in garden shops in Europe too... (the smaller ones) ....

ah ha! now I can see it better.... thumbsup.gif It's a cactus mutant grafted on to what looks like Euphorbia ...( I know you know exactly what that is!! tongue.pngbiggrin.png ) quite common, to see... perhaps not that large!...w00t.gif

Sometimes red ball type cactus on top... you'd probably find them in garden shops in Europe too... (the smaller ones) ....

Very Good Jim,I am impressed.

Spoke with the boss today,it's a Crested Euphorbia (wreckidus shinikus)

Very Good Jim,I am impressed.

Spoke with the boss today,it's a Crested Euphorbia (wreckidus shinikus)

(wreckidus shinikus)...cheesy.gif very good Shag!

This is same family... sorry it is not very good image...(blurred a bit)

Be aware, white sap is toxic! bah.gifwink.png

GLA%2520House%2520Aug%252026%252C%252025

^ Didn't know they made flowers mate,how old do the have to be before they can flower?

oh there are many types of Euphorbia..... don't expect yours to flower!

Poinsettia is also a Euphobia.... you know the Christmas plant.

but perhaps we should get into that in Gardening 102.... stick to Gardening 101 for now! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

^ Didn't know they made flowers mate,how old do the have to be before they can flower?

oh there are many types of Euphorbia..... don't expect yours to flower!

Poinsettia is also a Euphobia.... you know the Christmas plant.

but perhaps we should get into that in Gardening 102.... stick to Gardening 101 for now! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

Had to think were I had an image of Poinsettias, .... here we go .... in a park CM.... hmm might submit that to the calender! thumbsup.gif

They don't last well down here in the south! sad.png

Chaing%2520Mai%2520%2520%2520%2520202.JP

Archived