Flowers!

samuijimmy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to a chinese temple near Bangsaen, saw this lovely lotus.

Another one is Jasmin in HH.

Lavender from this summer, I love to make it dried and put in a small bag anywhere, background is my new hobby, water color painting. giggle.gif

attachicon.gifLotus by K.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN3624.JPGattachicon.gifLavender by K.JPG

Beautiful floral images. Perhaps you will share some of your new hobby on TV as well!

Just saw these suddenly popped up in our front yard. Believe orchids? I know we have a lot of orchid plants around but seem to be slow in blooming. Three large groups of them together.

10666679016_36cc1a13da_b.jpg

10666684836_f1b5583b75_b.jpg

Love all kind of Orchids, it's thanksful flower and dont need much taking care. Here I have 5 or 6 Orchids, often forgot to spray water but at the end, giving me new buds and lovely flowers for more than 3 months, especially in Winter....what a wonderful to see...once in a while, 3 or 4 months I shall put in a water to soak it, then u dont need to worry much, as roots living from air and humidity...ha ha ha...

Lavender from this summer, I love to make it dried and put in a small bag anywhere, background is my new hobby, water color painting. giggle.gif

attachicon.gifLotus by K.JPGattachicon.gifDSCN3624.JPGattachicon.gifLavender by K.JPG

Beautiful floral images. Perhaps you will share some of your new hobby on TV as well!

Thanks Fiddlesticks, for new hobby I've just begun for 5 months by myself, learning here and there from Internet, but it's very difficult to paint. It was really funny, I've never paid any interest on drawing or painting anything, last drawing was on primary school, mangoes or orange did not remember well. But this summer , a friend of mine, she said she will open a beginner course for Aquarelle painting, so I would love to join, then I bought all the things, color, brush, etc...few days before she said due to too little ppl to join , so she quitted the course....I was little upset,blink.png so I made selfmade course...from Internet....my gosh...they did not show me the technique...so I went lost and blind and trying to find out , what I like the mostw00t.gif ....so I've been trying everything to paint...from animals, to pop art...love bright color....but flowers or landscape are not my favarite.....mine are portrait in pop art, etc. If I show on this TV, some ppl might know who I am...giggle.gif

Thanks Fiddlesticks, for new hobby I've just begun for 5 months by myself, learning here and there from Internet, but it's very difficult to paint. It was really funny, I've never paid any interest on drawing or painting anything, last drawing was on primary school, mangoes or orange did not remember well. But this summer , a friend of mine, she said she will open a beginner course for Aquarelle painting, so I would love to join, then I bought all the things, color, brush, etc...few days before she said due to too little ppl to join , so she quitted the course....I was little upset,blink.png so I made selfmade course...from Internet....my gosh...they did not show me the technique...so I went lost and blind and trying to find out , what I like the mostw00t.gif ....so I've been trying everything to paint...from animals, to pop art...love bright color....but flowers or landscape are not my favarite.....mine are portrait in pop art, etc. If I show on this TV, some ppl might know who I am...giggle.gif

Definitely understand. But please Do keep the flower images coming!

Just wondering if any of you guys or gals have come across this plant / flower in your travels around the back country of various parts of Thailand?

This and another was found blooming, on Samui a few months ago...

IMG_4015.JPG

I believe it is Arum, which has "cousins" in Indonesia, that only bloom every five to seven years....

It smells, much the same as Raffleasia. to attract flies, and only lasts a few days!

IMG_4016.JPG

In September it started to shot new growth... quite a distinctive pattern on stem

SAM_0728.JPG

Here is a plant in the wild, not that uncommon... on Samui or KP .... (Auguid varified that for me, about KP) thumbsup.gif

IMG_7036.JPG

Here is the potted one, a few weeks ago, now about 6 feet (2 metres) ....foliage at top fully open!

IMG_7170.CR2.jpg

Anyone spotted this in other areas of Thailand, more for my curiosity than any other reason! wai.gif

Just wondering if any of you guys or gals have come across this plant / flower in your travels around the back country of various parts of Thailand?

IMG_4015.JPG

I believe it is Arum, which has "cousins" in Indonesia, that only bloom every five to seven years....

It smells, much the same as Raffleasia. to attract flies, and only lasts a few days!

IMG_4016.JPG

In September it started to shot new growth... quite a distinctive pattern on stem

SAM_0728.JPG

Here is a plant in the wild, not that uncommon... on Samui or KP .... (Auguid varified that for me, about KP) thumbsup.gif

IMG_7036.JPG

Here is the potted one, a few weeks ago, now about 6 feet (2 metres) ....foliage at top fully open!

IMG_7170.CR2.jpg

Anyone spotted this in other areas of Thailand, more for my curiosity than any other reason! wai.gif

Quite an interesting plant. Thanks for sharing these photos which show its lifecycle. clap2.gif

@ Shaggy...

Did you know that the buds of the Hibiscus flower have medicinal properties?

The buds are highly astringent and antibacterial and used to treat boils and

other sores of this nature in many parts of Southeast Asia and the Pacific

Islands. The soon to open buds are ground into a thick paste and placed

directly over a boil and covered with a gauze bandage or other covering

material (banana leaf also). The bandage & paste are changed twice a

day while the paste works its magic...it draws out the pus & will leave pink

healthy skin which one should keep covered until the wound is healed.

If one doesn't have something to grind the bud(s) into a paste in...one

can chew the buds into a paste, spit the paste into ones hand and apply

the paste over the boil. Then rinse out the mouth with water and do not

swallow any of the rinse water...you can die if you swallow the water...

just spit it all out and rinse again. Your mouth goes instantly dry when you

chew up a bud, that's normal, just don't swallow any of it & you'll be fine.

I have an old self compled notebook of traditional remedies that work which

I began way back in 1972 during the Great Southeastasian War Games &

these remedies were gleaned from hill tribes & other indigenous peoples

who just didn't have regular access to "modern medicine".

If anybody is interested PM me and I can pass on some info...like a great

poultice that will kill any rash, whether fungal, bacterial or combinational

within 24 hours....a great bit of info that for modern times this 100% all

natural, sure beats a visit to the doctor...rash cure.

NB...edit to add a %....apols.

IMG_4015.JPG

IMG_4016.JPG

SAM_0728.JPG

IMG_7036.JPG

IMG_7170.CR2.jpg

Never came across this plant, show us the flower of this giant plant, really interesting.

Archived