Farm Photos

shaggy1969

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see if this pic comes out up the right way ?

32 rai just bought on the Chaiyaphum/Petchabun border...

Not sure of a plan yet but have had an interesting road trip up from Surat over the past few days smile.pngpost-85853-0-25639500-1358989598_thumb.j

No... Do a headstand again smile.png

Maybe 3rd time lucky?

Lets see if this pic comes out up the right way ?

32 rai just bought on the Chaiyaphum/Petchabun border...

Not sure of a plan yet but have had an interesting road trip up from Surat over the past few days smile.pngpost-85853-0-25639500-1358989598_thumb.j

No... Do a headstand again smile.png

Maybe 3rd time lucky?

Three times's a charm, as they say..wink.png

The Kobuta sunset picture is amazing!!!

Love the sticky rice pic as well. That is a lot.

Thanks,I like the sunset tractor also.

I was quite lucky really because after I took that photo I almost deleted it because I didnt think it would turn out good.

The sticky rice photo was taken at a friends home the day before their wedding ,so lots of family were there all wanting sticky rice.

(photos 5&6 were taken by a friend of the family....thanks Henk)

post-126208-0-65363800-1359175536_thumb.

So many things to like about this photo ...

post-104736-0-06183100-1359257768_thumb.

The tree frames it

The sun provides the 'halo effect' to the man and the man's shadow points to the photographer.

Plus it's positioned in line with the 'rule of thirds'

Your eyes are drawn from the sun to the observer and follows either his line of sight, the fence line and the sunray to the tractor.

I'm sure someone better versed then me in the finer points of photography could provide a better analysis.

Me ... I just like it.

Great photo ... thumbsup.gif

post-126208-0-65363800-1359175536_thumb.

So many things to like about this photo ...

post-104736-0-06183100-1359257768_thumb.

The tree frames it

The sun provides the 'halo effect' to the man and the man's shadow points to the photographer.

Plus it's positioned in line with the 'rule of thirds'

Your eyes are drawn from the sun to the observer and follows either his line of sight, the fence line and the sunray to the tractor.

I'm sure someone better versed then me in the finer points of photography could provide a better analysis.

Me ... I just like it.

Great photo ... thumbsup.gif

Thank you David for your analysis and I am happy you like the photo.

My first thought about the photo was ' bloody idiot ' ........ next time try cleaning the camera lens !!!

The Kobuta sunset picture is amazing!!!

Love the sticky rice pic as well. That is a lot.

Thanks,I like the sunset tractor also.

(photos 5&6 were taken by a friend of the family....thanks Henk)

Henk is also Dutch?

Yes Henk is Dutch also,I met him last year in Mahasarakham,nice guy and a really good photographer.

I really can't express the joy i got from looking at your photos. They are fantastic.I know that some who are doing it would say "it's just the farm" But for some one who is doing the grind and dreams of anything that comes close to this IT IS like a vision from heaven AND as such gives me energy and more motivation to press on. THANK YOU JRV

Really quite a setup. How are the pigs and new sty progressing?

Thanks for the comment IA but as you well know I lost the farm but if you really want to know how the farm is doing then maybe you should ask my ex wife,last time I heard the farm was doing well !!!

Sorry mate, thought you still had some contact.

No apologies needed mate....should be me doing the apologizing (sorry).

Not heard from her for a long while now but last I saw only the floor was layed in the new building but it was full of pigs.(crated unfortunately)

At that time she was selling 3 pigs a day via her pork shop and doing well.Good luck to her because she worked hard to achieve what she has now.

Shaggy

What lovely pics Shaggy. Have you thought of putting them on "<URL Automatically Removed>" as it would be just the place for them and i am sure that all the members would love to see them.

Thank you for your kind comment Oldsailor,shame that your link was removed as I am curious to what you wanted to suggest.

Archived