Farm Photos

shaggy1969

I really can't express the joy i got from looking at your photos. They are fantastic.I know that some who are doing it would say "it's just the farm" But for some one who is doing the grind and dreams of anything that comes close to this IT IS like a vision from heaven AND as such gives me energy and more motivation to press on. THANK YOU JRV

Thank you also James for your kind words.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that your hard work pays off and you can live your dream.

Chok dee

Shaggy

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressive! Will you return to that farm?

I would like to think so,plus it would be nice to be able to grab a free pig when needed.

It would be also nice to see the ex and her family also.

Would be not very tactful if you did... Forget about it and re-focus on the new cropthumbsup.gif is my advice.

I'll start off with my MIL. She teaches me everything i need to know. Respect to herthumbsup.gif

post-70928-0-78322300-1359658063_thumb.j

Good on ya Dancelot.

Have tried that myself and it is bloody back breaking.

Also i have to learn this technique. 1 of my missions.smile.png

Really quite a setup. How are the pigs and new sty progressing?

Thanks for the comment IA but as you well know I lost the farm but if you really want to know how the farm is doing then maybe you should ask my ex wife,last time I heard the farm was doing well !!!

I read back through the whole post and I didn't see any reference to what you mention above.

Have you written about it on another thread?

If not ... is the story to painful to share?

Really quite a setup. How are the pigs and new sty progressing?

Thanks for the comment IA but as you well know I lost the farm but if you really want to know how the farm is doing then maybe you should ask my ex wife,last time I heard the farm was doing well !!!

I read back through the whole post and I didn't see any reference to what you mention above.

Have you written about it on another thread?

If not ... is the story to painful to share?

Hi David.The idea of behind making this thread was only to share the old farm photos I had.

I did say in my 1st post that they were photos of the 'old' farm and didnt want to go into too much detail because I was afraid the thread would of been filled with vultures and trolls.

My aim is/was only to make somewhere to share farm/farming photos,maybe a pleasant place to come.

I have thought about making a thread about my experiences,maybe it could help the newbies be aware of the pitfalls associated with starting up a farm in Thailand and help them learn from my mistakes....

wai.gif If a man dwells on the past, then he robs the present. But if a man ignores the past, he may rob the future. wai.gif

I am still waiting for some of your wonderful photos,,,,,,,whistling.gif

Shaggy

Hey there Shaggy. Difficult I know to bear one's soul here and when the time is right then maybe you will share the story of the lost farm.

I know that I wouldn't be the man I am in Thailand if I didn't read, listen, heed and understand what the better contributors have shared.

I was shared the pain of those mistakes by reading theirs, and then adapting their experiences and knowledge into my situation.

Shaggy, when you are ready ... you have an audience.

As for the photos ... I have so much material ... it genuinely takes days, if not longer just to process, crop and cataloge the stuff. Then there is converting the videos to YouTubes.

Actually I was just ready to update the wheres-theres-smoke-theres/ thread about the charcoal makers as I got a few new photos and some new footage ... but the desktop computer has developed an error with the boot-up on a Sat afternoon ... so won't be able to get that fixed till Monday.

I do however have some photos that I have resized down and on to a youTube.

It was late in the afternoon, sun not long from setting and what was so neat from this was the relationship building with the Farm Father.

He is ex-Navy, had his leg blown off below the knee down south (yes the Navy does apparently also serve as ground troupes) and a hard ass bugger. Fair guy, not brutal ... but an ex-sailor, 3 Thai daughters ... he's seen a lot of life pass his door.

It's going to take a lot of work to build that bridge between us.

Well he showed he was willing by showing me the Farm and how he worked it.

This was one of the ponds he rents and it's unique because it's a 'natural' pond rather then the mechanically shaped Farm Ponds.

So it near sunset, he, the Farm worker my gf and me squeezed into the dingy.

As for the photos ... I have so much material ... it genuinely takes days, if not longer just to process, crop and cataloge the stuff. Then there is converting the videos to YouTubes.

Actually I was just ready to update the wheres-theres-smoke-theres/ thread about the charcoal makers as I got a few new photos and some new footage ... but the desktop computer has developed an error with the boot-up on a Sat afternoon ... so won't be able to get that fixed till Monday.

I do however have some photos that I have resized down and on to a youTube.

crying.gif not nowcrying.gif

So ... enough of the bla bla ... down to the visuals.

post-104736-0-78996400-1359793913_thumb.

Farm Father

Feeding the Fish

post-104736-0-08636000-1359793912_thumb.

... and if the get the timing just right with the photo

EDIT ... actually the YouTube has stopped at the precise moment ... but when you play it, hard to image that shot.

post-104736-0-84986500-1359793909_thumb.

Sunset

The geese and duck (muskovy) penthouse... 1st stage complete.

There will be 3 more pens on the rear of this. 2 raised up for guinea fowl, turkeys and chickens and the rest of the floor space will be for my khaki Campbells..

Headstand time

post-85853-0-17354300-1359794163_thumb.j

post-104736-0-87845500-1359795469_thumb.

Jack where are you?

I will speak for him: He is literally moving his belongings to greener grounds with 2 polish guys. But what do you really mean, Mr. IA?

post-70928-0-63697300-1359806743_thumb.j

Just got a whiff of a biosecurity issue around #81 that may damage the film stock of these great Thai Farm photos. No problem Troll police alerted!

Just got a whiff of a biosecurity issue around #81 that may damage the film stock of these great Thai Farm photos. No problem Troll police alerted!

Thanks and enough 'damage' has been done already. We as posters have the ability to moderate ourselves.

I learned that here.

It will be ok. And i trust this thought because there are a lot of farmers here that mean good and endeavour together to keep a clean thread.

Personally i think in order to maintain an interesting thread all opinions and posts have to be considered from anyone including Mr. Diddum's's.

We don' t want to see the thread changed into a plastic and formal 'handbook' on the subject stated, now do we?

I respect different points of view and even extremes. I cherish posts that are written down form the heart.

Thanks everyonesmile.png

Jack where are you?

I will speak for him: He is literally moving his belongings to greener grounds with 2 polish guys. But what do you really mean, Mr. IA?

post-70928-0-63697300-1359806743_thumb.j

Likewise....why on worth would you produce such comments and photos in such a good thread...you are ruining it now. You should ask for them to be deleted before you embarrass yourself some more. think about it.

Archived