Farm Photos

shaggy1969

Hey there Shaggy. Difficult I know to bear one's soul here and when the time is right then maybe you will share the story of the lost farm.

I know that I wouldn't be the man I am in Thailand if I didn't read, listen, heed and understand what the better contributors have shared.

I was shared the pain of those mistakes by reading theirs, and then adapting their experiences and knowledge into my situation.

Shaggy, when you are ready ... you have an audience.

I don't want to take this off course. BUT I think that could be a great TOPIC " What have you lost in, LOS or just IN SEA , and how" I know that there is a lot of people against buying property in GF or wife's name ,and with rightful concern .But i don't think people get an understanding of the true pain involved and the different dangers..ESP if it is being drowned out with alcohol.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there Shaggy. Difficult I know to bear one's soul here and when the time is right then maybe you will share the story of the lost farm.

I know that I wouldn't be the man I am in Thailand if I didn't read, listen, heed and understand what the better contributors have shared.

I was shared the pain of those mistakes by reading theirs, and then adapting their experiences and knowledge into my situation.

Shaggy, when you are ready ... you have an audience.

I don't want to take this off course. BUT I think that could be a great TOPIC " What have you lost in, LOS or just IN SEA , and how" I know that there is a lot of people against buying property in GF or wife's name ,and with rightful concern .But i don't think people get an understanding of the true pain involved and the different dangers..ESP if it is being drowned out with alcohol.

Start it up, would be interesting.

Just read some more...maybe Shaggy should start it up.

Really quite a setup. How are the pigs and new sty progressing?

Thanks for the comment IA but as you well know I lost the farm but if you really want to know how the farm is doing then maybe you should ask my ex wife,last time I heard the farm was doing well !!!

Ok, sorry bout that, I asked in a post up there somewhere about it...did not see this post prior.

Not sure why IA would ask such a question if he knows already...quite insensitive....maybe he ran out of fags.

Really quite a setup. How are the pigs and new sty progressing?

Thanks for the comment IA but as you well know I lost the farm but if you really want to know how the farm is doing then maybe you should ask my ex wife,last time I heard the farm was doing well !!!

Ok, sorry bout that, I asked in a post up there somewhere about it...did not see this post prior.

Not sure why IA would ask such a question if he knows already...quite insensitive....maybe he ran out of fags.

No worries Diddums thumbsup.gif

IA can ask me anything that he likes because he is a mate.

The matter was cleared up,really I was the one at fault with my snappy response (shouldn't read posts before my 1st coffee is finished)

So ... enough of the bla bla ... down to the visuals.

post-104736-0-78996400-1359793913_thumb.

Farm Father

Feeding the Fish

post-104736-0-08636000-1359793912_thumb.

... and if the get the timing just right with the photo

EDIT ... actually the YouTube has stopped at the precise moment ... but when you play it, hard to image that shot.

post-104736-0-84986500-1359793909_thumb.

Sunset

Nice photos and video.Had me going there with the feeding photo until I read your edited post.

The geese and duck (muskovy) penthouse... 1st stage complete.

There will be 3 more pens on the rear of this. 2 raised up for guinea fowl, turkeys and chickens and the rest of the floor space will be for my khaki Campbells..

Headstand time

post-85853-0-17354300-1359794163_thumb.j

post-104736-0-87845500-1359795469_thumb.

Thanks smile.png IPads suck

Couldn't leave poor old Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee and yourself upside down,not good having all that blood rushing to their heads.

post-126208-0-52127000-1359837913_thumb. post-126208-0-65806700-1359837964_thumb..

That's a wide variety of fowl you are raising Carlos.thumbsup.gif

We were once given 400 Campbell chicks from the local government....bloody things ate us out of house and home,ravenous eaters and it turned out that the majority were males sad.png

@ Isaanaussie and Dancealot....you got me beat about Jack Nicholson photos.

What am I missing here?

You are not missing anything my fellow,

IA tried to show he is with you, posting the Jack pic.

That is a very nice thing to dowai.gif IsaanAussie

Please do tell us 'your story' . You have nothing to loose instead you have something to gainthumbsup.gif .

@ Isaanaussie and Dancealot....you got me beat about Jack Nicholson photos.

What am I missing here?

You are not missing anything my fellow,

IA tried to show he is with you, posting the Jack pic.

That is a very nice thing to dowai.gif IsaanAussie

Please do tell us 'your story' . You have nothing to loose instead you have something to gainthumbsup.gif .

It maybe is a nice thing to do......but the plain truth is I just don't understand.

Dancealot old chap,this is a farm photo thread remember.

Great pictures!!! .... Nice getting "down to earth" ! thumbsup.gif

Here is a contribution, from me.... rice harvest in Songkhla!

IMG_3506.JPG

Another awesome photo Jimmy.

Have never seen rice harvested by machine,must of been a big farm.

Oh that's interesting ... !!!! .... no a lot of smaller farms, down Songkhla way, they hire these harvesters to come and thrash the rice and bag it...

Are they still doing by hand up north? w00t.gif

Here is the crew arriving....

One of several companies, in the area that does it...thumbsup.gif

IMG_3418.JPG

Oh that's interesting ... !!!! .... no a lot of smaller farms, down Songkhla way, they hire these harvesters to come and thrash the rice and bag it...

Where i come we dont have 'm kick ass shiny harvesters, buddycowboy.gif . Yeehaa!

post-173268-0-16003600-1359812287_thumb.

Is that your farm and what area is it. Very attractive photo and landscape.

Has been watching this post and have seen quite a few good photos.

Yes it is.

And yes it is a very lovely area.

Sure is, got any more ?

Plenty.

But none with JN in them, so you would not be interested.

DAL,

One day for my story. Right now the plot is thickening a bit quick. Some of the past bits and pieces were posted in the organic section in a topic called Day on the Farm I think. A couple of laughs available.

I cant find it IA. Please link merolleyes.gif

Where i come we dont have 'm kick ass shiny harvesters, buddycowboy.gif . Yeehaa!

So your first mission with your new camera is to show us how they do it..up your way..... without kick ass machines... thumbsup.giftongue.png

So your first mission with your new camera is to show us how they do it..up your way..... without kick ass machines... thumbsup.giftongue.png

post-173268-0-70831000-1359894472_thumb.

OMG!!!!! .... that must take weeks, not hours to cut a field biggrin.pngw00t.gif I thought it was only like that in Burma still.... blink.png

I guess that's why the usually get three crops a year in Songkhla, and the farmers make a reasonable living by Thai standards wink.png

post-173268-0-70831000-1359894472_thumb.

OMG!!!!! .... that must take weeks, not hours to cut a field biggrin.pngw00t.gif I thought it was only like that in Burma still.... blink.png

I guess that's why the usually get three crops a year in Songkhla, and the farmers make a reasonable living by Thai standards wink.png

It's surprising how quick they do get it harvested,once the rice is ready then family and friends all join forces.Also many of the paddies are that small and staggered that a harvester wouldn't be of any use anyway.

post-126208-0-39100700-1359913097_thumb.

Archived