Receptionist Drugged, Hotel Robbed By Foreigner In Phuket

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who puts there Mobile/Cell phone in the hotels safety deposit boxes ??? would they not be using them blink.png

Obviously not.... I wouldn't be using my UK SIM here and can actually survive without having my phone in my pocket for a few hours.

Nor would I take it on a trip that involved swimming, diving or going out on a boat. It might get stolen. blink.png

Similar to the Samui break-in in that a master key must have been held at reception - not good security.

Hotel safe boxes should have a 2-key system where one key is with the guest & the other at reception. The master key for the guest's keys should be held in another safe place, preferably with the manager.

I wonder if the perp knew where the master key was?

Similar to the Samui break-in in that a master key must have been held at reception - not good security.

Hotel safe boxes should have a 2-key system where one key is with the guest & the other at reception. The master key for the guest's keys should be held in another safe place, preferably with the manager.

I wonder if the perp knew where the master key was?

In the Samui case the "safety" boxes just had small padlocks, I went there and took a look.

Looks like the same here.

safety.jpg

Photo: http://www.karonplace.com/

I also have no idea whether this would be covered by insurance

Why not, it would be a poor insurance policy that did not offer some remuneration for valuables left in the hotel safety deposit. Rather than under your socks in a drawer.
  • Like 1

is Copy Cat , and bet is a Thai , and receptionist is in on it . Dont add up, why would stranger give coffe to the guy, and why would he take it..

Coffee no, Sam Song soda yes.

• Like 1

Farangs drugging Thais? That's a twist.

First post and right off the bat someone has to try and turn it around to dump on the Thais. Glad that I have not had anything to eat yet today buddy. sick.gif Edited by techboy

I don't believe the story. Never been to an hotel yet where you've needed to drug the receptionists. They seem to be able to fall asleep on their own!!laugh.png

I've never been to a hotel where the receptionist would accept a cup of coffee from a guest.

The whole story sounds wrong to me.

Maybe he/she thought it was that expensive Elephant dung brew. Now who could resist that! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Every month or so I go to a city in my province for a change of wallpaper and always use the same hotel. Late night / early morning if I am going to 7- (ok honey ?), for coffee etc I always the receptionists if they would like something and it's always gratefully received but with stories like this it makes you wonder if it's a good idea

oh well ... this happen everywhere in the world ..... but 3 millions bath in belonging 21 safe that makes 142,857 baht per safe .... pretty much a lot for such a small hotel .....with only one receptionist and no one around ..... strange to me .

I hadn't done the maths. It does seem a lot.

I also have no idea whether this would be covered by insurance

Of course it will be, and 'boy' are they going to take a pounding !