Panoramas Anyone?

fabianfred

Never done this before but after viewing some great shots here thought I'd try one myself.

Well, here it is but as you can see it's a poor effort. This is the result of 12 panned shots and

quite obvious the exposures were different resulting in dark and light bands in the merged product.

Questions: How do you guys ensure same exposure for all the shots?

These series of pics were taken in Av mode.

Should I have chosen M mode instead?

Thanks for tips and advice.

post-128422-0-38911300-1378903819_thumb.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wong Duan beach, Koh Samet. Notice the absence of crude oil. Bit of a quick and lazy panorama with a Pentax 31mm Limited.

9725420756_170d6d93a4_b.jpg

Photoshop Essentials 11 often lets me down on panoramas, although I think this is due to parallax error.

So recently I got this rather well made (yet a bit pricey) Benro panoramic head.

9725524382_e0192cb864_c.jpg

Haven't used it yet. It's just too much aggravation to haul round, set up to establish the nodal point of the lens and then figure out all the geometry for giga-panning.

I will when I can be bothered.

Wong Duan beach, Koh Samet. Notice the absence of crude oil. Bit of a quick and lazy panorama with a Pentax 31mm Limited.

9725420756_170d6d93a4_b.jpg

Photoshop Essentials 11 often lets me down on panoramas, although I think this is due to parallax error.

So recently I got this rather well made (yet a bit pricey) Benro panoramic head.

9725524382_e0192cb864_c.jpg

Haven't used it yet. It's just too much aggravation to haul round, set up to establish the nodal point of the lens and then figure out all the geometry for giga-panning.

I will when I can be bothered.

That's what you need.... along with an SLR which takes a 15mm or 17mm lens ...to make 360 deg. photos for this...

https://www.360cities.net/image/watrongkhun#138.97,-3.37,60.0

mine was simply done with a 'stitch assist' mode on my Canon SX50 HS and then joined with Microsoft ICE

https://www.360cities.net/image/mae-nam-kok-river#290.99,6.98,52.6

Sony again..A57, set to Panorama and click and pan. Still have to explore the options a bit more but I do believe it will pan l to r and r to l, and hopefully vertically too.

Nice panorama. Love the way the clouds look. You wouldn't happen to know what ISO you used or is it auto on the camera you use. Lovely expressive sky, thank you for posting.

I enjoy doing timelapse especially things like thunderstorms in the early evening light. I get about 2 or 3 out of 10 that look pretty good. Trouble being for the changing light and on manual you have to get all the settings right at the beginning and hope.

Fred,

I have shall have a go with the Pentax Limiteds 15mm, 31mm and 77mm on the K-5 IIs.

I really wanted a Gigapan automatic head but too much money size and weight.

Sent from my MotoA953 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived