Woman Executed With Single Gunshot To Head: Phuket

webfact

Sure GLAD I don't live in Phuket !!!

So are we.......coffee1.gif

was going to move out there in 20 11 but for sure now think the uk is paradise as for phuket and patattya only rubbish go there and drunks sexuall predetors and scumbags

Your one of the few that thinks the UK is paradise. All I read is discontent about HM Gov and the EU. Your comments about people who go to Pattaya are out of order.

When I went to Spain last year the place was full of drunken brits puking in the street and girls waving their knickers in the air

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldn't resist this, a 2 minute perusal of my former local news this week in Manchester

This is a Thailand forum, not your local news forum. Please stop clogging it up with off topic stories.

The poor lady looks and sounds like a good person. Rest in peace.

• Like 1

Couldn't resist this, a 2 minute perusal of my former local news this week in Manchester

This is a Thailand forum, not your local news forum. Please stop clogging it up with off topic stories.

You need to develop the habit of reading a thread through, and gain insight to posts and their background.

FYI, I live (and have done for the last 5 years) within 800 metres of where this particular crime occurred, and am more than a little knowledgeable of Phuket and it's environment.

For many of us local Phuket expats, there's nothing more irksome than comments from those with little or no knowledge of Phuket, and whose vocabulary for Phuket doesn't seem to extend much beyond 'scum' and 'cesspit'. The post I made with the Manchester crimes was in relation to another comment that I'd made about sick crimes being committed everywhere, and no one area or country had a monopoly in tragedies.

• Like 1

It not really appropriate to refer to this as an "execution". The woman was murdered. This is News of the Screws type sensationalism.

I wonder if they will find the bullet casing. It is surprising that criminals want to leave this evidence lying around. It is easy enough to tape a plastic bag to the side of a semi automatic to catch the casing or use a revolver. For the insurgents in the South it probably doesn't matter as the type and source of their ammo is predictible and it's harder to catch casings from an asault rifle on full auto. But for common criminals using hand guns one bullet casing can put the bastards on death row. Long may they continue to be stupid!

Its the way people get ahead in business.

Eliminate the competition.

Yes, but it could also be from a failed relationship.

Yes, the top 2 reasons to call in the hit man - love and/or business ie money.

RIP the unlucky lady.

Basically, love - including love of money. sad.png

There is little point discussion and debating the reason for the killing because we have no clue.

There are obviously several reasons that could have activated the killing and they will come to light when the killer gets arrested.

A very shocking event in deed, RIP.

Edited by personchester
  • Like 1

Djeez, get real will you.

Thailand has DOUBLE the murder rate with guns than the States.

http://www.nationmas...s-with-firearms

And this are the recorded ones.

RIP to the lady and to so many others.

I would take the Nationmaster stats with a pinch of salt - this stat has cropped up a number of times over the last few years and has been debunked.. The overall murder rate in Thailand is a much lower figure (3307 for 2011 according to UN figures) so over 20k murders by firearms make little sense.

• Like 1

The executed was driving a car which tells me she possibly was a business owner or into real estate. Most tourists don't drive.

This is really sad and I think everyone should be aware of the potential consequences of doing business in Thailand.

Personally I would never have a business here, this kind of thing just scares me. Really shocking how 'out in the open' and

in your face this can be. RIP wai2.gif

You really need to read the story in full. The lady was a Human Resources professional who's worked for several high end hotels in Phuket, and at the time of death was employed by the Hilton in Karon. She may well have had other business interests as well, but again at the time of death was returning home from work. You obviously don't know any professional Thais here, all of whom drive cars. Motorbikes are for 'worker' Thais and tourists.

Professional Thais? giggle.gif

This killing looks like it was carried out with a degree of "professionalism" - wouldn't you agree?

Another day on the island of crime and death.

Of course, this happens at every top holiday destination in the world.

(Had to say that or this may turn into another Phuket bashing thread).

RIP poor lady.

eh stone cold executions like this are common then??? i cannot recall this happening many times in Blackpool

This killing looks like it was carried out with a degree of "professionalism" - wouldn't you agree?

Not really. A professional would have made sure that she was dead. Only 1 round fired, through tinted glass, shooter doesn't appear to have left his vehicle so deceased vehicle door not opened to check.

• Like 1

She was not executed, she was murdered; there is a difference.

Execution is simply planned killing. This fits the bill.

Have to disagree with you. This was not an execution as the person being killed usually knows they are about to be killed (as in they have been tried in either a real court, court of the jungle, or war) An execution is when a person is tied, or asked to kneel and then shot. Or asked to stand against a wall and shot. Or...well, you get the picture. This poor soul was murdered in what appears to be a drive-by shooting with the victim driving herself. She probably didn't see it coming. And there was certainly no judgment handed down to her prior to this violent act. It's not an execution.

You need to develop the habit of reading a thread through, and gain insight to posts and their background.

FYI, I live (and have done for the last 5 years) within 800 metres of where this particular crime occurred, and am more than a little knowledgeable of Phuket and it's environment.

For many of us local Phuket expats, there's nothing more irksome than comments from those with little or no knowledge of Phuket, and whose vocabulary for Phuket doesn't seem to extend much beyond 'scum' and 'cesspit'. The post I made with the Manchester crimes was in relation to another comment that I'd made about sick crimes being committed everywhere, and no one area or country had a monopoly in tragedies.

It's a common thing to compare your own country to the area you live in but that is not the point. This is a crime that happened in Phuket not Manchester, it just annoyed me having to scroll through all those off topic items. A simple link would have been better.

Oh and ps that's my local news :)

Edited by Scully

Not really. A professional would have made sure that she was dead. Only 1 round fired, through tinted glass, shooter doesn't appear to have left his vehicle so deceased vehicle door not opened to check.

"After the attack, the vehicle continued at speed and came to rest only after crashing into a street lamp by the side of the road." - PG.

Sounds like one round to the head, through the closed window of a moving vehicle, whilst firing from an elevated position (pick-up truck) in another moving vehicle and at night time. Do you think the shooter is that lucky, or that good????

Probably high calibre - soft nose/hollow points - no need for the second round.

Edited by NamKangMan

Yet another Phuket murder/violent attack. The place should be buried or nuked out of existence. The amount of crime reported and that goes on unreported is astounding. You'd have to be a fool to go there if you knew this.

Have to disagree with you. This was not an execution as the person being killed usually knows they are about to be killed (as in they have been tried in either a real court, court of the jungle, or war) An execution is when a person is tied, or asked to kneel and then shot. Or asked to stand against a wall and shot. Or...well, you get the picture. This poor soul was murdered in what appears to be a drive-by shooting with the victim driving herself. She probably didn't see it coming. And there was certainly no judgment handed down to her prior to this violent act. It's not an execution.

I think the word you're looking for is assassination.

I know this is off topic, but relates to many of the posts allowed.

The Mayor of New Orleans during Katrina was indicted 2 days ago for accepting bribes related to the re-building of New Orleans.

Eh. wink.png Was he shot in the head too. coffee1.gif
  • Like 1

Actually an execution is by definition the carrying into effect of a prior policy or decision. So with regard to killing someone an execution would be the carrying out of a prior decision. It has nothing to do with having hands tied or being against a wall and shot. They are merely the styles in which the execution is carried out.

Its the way people get ahead in business.

Eliminate the competition.

Yes, but it could also be from a failed relationship.

Or a road rage incident. All a possibility.

Or revenge, insurance, unpaid debt, drug deal gone bad, saving face, inheritance......all idle speculation until a proper investigation ensues. What do you suppose a proper investigation costs?

My friend was there when it happened and is the one who called the police. It took him 8 minutes for a police officer to answer the phone and they arrived approx 30 minutes after the shooting. A few weeks earlier I was assaulted, actually jumped by 4-6 ladyboys outside of a 7-11 about 5 am getting some food. I went home to clean my wounds and attempted to call the tourist police... got no answer for about 5 minutes so went to chalong police station, there was nobody there so i headed back home and managed to get through to the tourist police. He got angry over the phone that i told him chalong police station had nobody there and started telling me to tell the newspapers if i have pictures to prove it... I kept trying to tell him i wasnt calling him to argue i was trying to get help but he was hung up on me "lying" to him so i just hung up the call. I then went back to the station and there were people there this time about 6-7 am I forget. Anyhow they first of all laughed at me and joked did the ladyboys have cocks. Then told me to wait where i waited for 2 hours to be told i had to goto a government hospital first to get a medical report before they could see me... I told them look i know these ladyboys stay in the bar next to 7-11 there always their heckling people and you can see my wounds so why cant you do anything... just told me to goto the hospital for my minor wounds, waste more time and money so decided id stop wasting my time with them fuc_king useless wastes of spaces called the chalong police who are worse than the criminals as they are meant to be the ones helping people!

• Like 2

Another day on the island of crime and death.

Of course, this happens at every top holiday destination in the world.

(Had to say that or this may turn into another Phuket bashing thread).

RIP poor lady.

That doesn't happen in Cuba, for example.

Sure.............................that`s because Cuba is a Communist dictatorship,not a democracy !!!

Since when Thailand is a democracy?? Is your 3 months visa up soon? ;-)

was going to move out there in 20 11 but for sure now think the uk is paradise as for phuket and patattya only rubbish go there and drunks sexuall predetors and scumbags

Don't know about U.K.

Been here for 30 years.

Btw, I live where there are No falang and it truly is paradise wai.gif

P.S. I agree 100 % re : your comments re: Phu and Pat sad.png

Your one of the few that thinks the UK is paradise. All I read is discontent about HM Gov and the EU. Your comments about people who go to Pattaya are out of order.

When I went to Spain last year the place was full of drunken brits puking in the street and girls waving their knickers in the air

So, you get to judge that his comments are out of order.

Are you a Supreme court justice or something ?

I don't really know why some posters here seem to have a problem if she was killed, or executed.

Fact is that her kids lost her mom.

Here're her kids. Hope she'll rest in peace.--wai2.gif

Yes, it's the innocence of children that is blind to the evil of adults.

If only people the world over could maintain that pureness of heart into adulthood, incidents like this would not happen.

Everyday The Same story.... Violence in Phuket, good for The image ....

Everyday the same story, in every town and city anywhere in the world. The possible difference in Thailand in general and Phuket in particular, is that there's typically a reason behind the violence (robbery etc). Too often in my home country, and most of the other countries that we expats on this forum consider 'home', violence occurs for no reason other than looking at somebody the wrong way, or an abandoned mental health patient decides to exact 'revenge'.

Our supposedly (Western) civilised societies report far more sickening news of atrocities every week than I read about life in Thailand. Just this week, reading about 'loving parents' kicking to death their 2 year old son, the gang who traded girls living in so called 'care', as young as 11 years old for prostitution, etc etc.

Easy to take the moral high ground, but many of us forget the societies that we left to live here, and selective memory isn't always going to reflect the reality or balance the comparison.

but the difference is "when they get caught"

. A simple link would have been better.

Oh and ps that's my local news smile.png

You appear to be a regular contributor, so you'll be aware that you can't link to a non-sponsored news page. Hence the laborious but in this case I thought relevant, lengthy post. Get it?

I think Thailand has lost it, to much corruption, to many fingers in the Pie. To many ex pats trying to defend the un defendable. Its becoming the murder country of the world, they don't put half of the Murders in the news papers, because it will destroy Thailands , land of smiles image, i think it lost that title a long time ago,

Edited by Thongkorn
  • Like 1

but the difference is "when they get caught"

Agreed, and that's the principle difference. Where, regardless of presumed status or prestige, all persons are subject to the same law, and through that the same punishment that is relevant and applicable. Until that happens, and the equality of the Thai judiciary process is put into effect, the curbing of corruption and distortion of law application will always be negated to allow those for who only have contempt for, not only those who genuinely try to uphold the law, but for all of their fellow Thais also.

Probably high calibre - soft nose/hollow points - no need for the second round.

Where did you get that from, Robert Ludlum? Soft nose, hollow points, sounds like you're describing one of my Retrievers.......

One of those types of rounds would have left most of her head spread across the cockpit of her car. For me, a revenge, be it work or road rage related attack, without a great deal of thought or planning, and where sheer chance she died without the person(s) responsible wanting to hang around long enough to make sure. Amateurs, not professionals.

Edited by pagallim