Woman Executed With Single Gunshot To Head: Phuket

webfact

As for the shithole comments on the tourist destinations, how sad do you have to be to get your jolly's running down places you personally prefer not to live. Where exactly hits the spot for you Vinnikintana? Possibly your heaven is someone elses shithole? My mum used to tell me better to say nothing at all if you can't say anything nice and too many come on here for a unnecessary run down of the usual suspects. Neg neg neg neg, give me a break.

Strikes me here as if you have ignored what your mother said.

Did you ever stop to consider that some of these people have been here a lot longer thanyou and have an opinioon based on experience.

Now that we have cleared that up. wai2.gif

Has any one ever wondered what kind of tourists are going to specific spots there government gives them warnings about.

Maybe thrill seekers.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets put lovely Phuket's homicide rates in a more realistic perspective. In 2009 the homicide rate was 355 per Phuket population of 320,000. That would put it at 110 per population of 100,000 doubling the quoted rate of New Orleans murder rate and quite simply making it to the top 10 highest murder rates in the world far exceeding the U.S. Quite frankly speaking I would feel safer in New Orleans under police protection and investigating the murders than in Phuket doing the same police duties with their Keystone cops. Just a matter of opinion, I could be wrong but looks like Phuket's crime record is making a name for itself in the crime of homicide. I think Pattaya beats Phuket though in the rate of balcony sky diving attempts.

• Like 1

In New Orleans we are even honored to have a martial arts celebrity like Steven Seagal to risk his life and honorably volunteer and serve his time as Deputy Sheriff on patrol in the worst parishes of New Orleans keeping the streets safe. What HiSo celebrity in the LOS do you know volunteering their time to clean up the crime infested streets of some of their cities? My guess is you will find none wiling to take the time and risk their precious lives to make a difference for their community.

Since when Thailand is a democracy?? Is your 3 months visa up soon? ;-)

So you`ll compare Thailand to Cuba? I know about Thailand`s flaws in the democratic department...............and compared to the shithole which is Cuba I have no doubts which place I prefer to spend time.

And I dont have a need for a 3 month visa in my stays here.............no go home and take your meds and let me enjoy my weekend clap2.gif !!!!!!!

In 2009 the homicide rate was 355 per Phuket population of 320,000. That would put it at 110 per population of 100,000 doubling the quoted rate of New Orleans murder rate and quite simply making it to the top 10 highest murder rates in the world far exceeding the U.S.

Sorry, and your information source is what? And the Phuket population is what? Do yourself a favour, and maybe check up on your 'facts' before putting them out there.

• Like 1

In 2009 the homicide rate was 355 per Phuket population of 320,000. That would put it at 110 per population of 100,000 doubling the quoted rate of New Orleans murder rate and quite simply making it to the top 10 highest murder rates in the world far exceeding the U.S.

Sorry, and your information source is what? And the Phuket population is what? Do yourself a favour, and maybe check up on your 'facts' before putting them out there.

Thank you !

Yet another Phuket murder/violent attack. The place should be buried or nuked out of existence. The amount of crime reported and that goes on unreported is astounding. You'd have to be a fool to go there if you knew this.

So, having admitted that you're a fool, or at least by definition and association because of being drawn to this thread/forum, when are you coming back again?

• Like 2

bipper,

I have been to America a few times, from the west coast to the east coast, from the Mexican border to the Canadian border, been in all the big cities New York San Francisco Dallas etc I have seen policemen with guns in their hands, frisking people, handcuffing people. Being chased by a few men in broad daylight having to run into the bus station for safety.had to use voilence in self defense. I have lived in Thailand for seven years, been a few times before then, spent lots of time in Bangkok, Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Korat etc, though I have never been to Phuket or any of the Islands. All the time I have been in Thailand, I have never been threatened, chased or seen any policeman with a drawn gun. I have always walked about in complete safety. Draw your'e own conclusions from that.

In reply to your post above, bipper, I recall several times seeing weapons drawn during the ol redshirt party. Guns drawn tanks in the streets. Being told I could not drive into that area. You know the period I speak of I am sure. Guess you forgot that time eh? I draw this conclusion from your post. You must have very selective memory. Cheers!

Edited by djvolak

Another day on the island of crime and death.

Of course, this happens at every top holiday destination in the world.

(Had to say that or this may turn into another Phuket bashing thread).

RIP poor lady.

Could be worse - you could live in New Orleans, with the highest murder rate of any city outside Latin America - with 58 murders per 100,000 population. I bet Phuket seems pretty safe compared to that.

Why aren't the US authorities doing more to clean up the murder rate? And why aren't Embassies around the world warning tourists about the high murder rate in the USA? Shocking.

80% of violent crime in the US is gang and drug related. To attack the gangs which are mostly minorities isn't political correct, and to so wouldn't be politically expedient no matter from which side of the aisle you sit on. In the US it is more important to be politically correct than it is to target the groups who are running amok. Look at Chicago where they have severe gun laws, more children and teens die from hand guns in a year than people are killed in the whole US with rifles. Heck more people are killed by strangling or hammers (clubs) or fists than by rifles, yet the government thinks that taking rifles away will have some effect on crime. It's the drug culture and the open border bringing havoc to the streets

The murder rate in Thailand is about 4 times higher than in the US

Edited by mogoso
  • Like 1

Yet another Phuket murder/violent attack. The place should be buried or nuked out of existence. The amount of crime reported and that goes on unreported is astounding. You'd have to be a fool to go there if you knew this.

So, having admitted that you're a fool, or at least by definition and association because of being drawn to this thread/forum, when are you coming back again?

To crime ridden, violent Phuket? In June.

By the way, how does being drawn to this forum make one a fool?

Edited by Kananga

In June.

Why? According to you, it should be "nuked out of existence." Please... Go some where else!

Anybody with a family here, or with close friends, or even not so close friends, will feel the sadness that comes with losing somebody. Phuket isn't unique in that of course, but that's what makes one think of...'what if'. 'What if' isn't so far away for many people, depending on their circumstances. I don't know about others, but whenever I read of situations like this, I think of my wife, and my friends.

In June.

Why? According to you, it should be "nuked out of existence." Please... Go some where else!

Why? Because its the nearest airport to my non crime ridden final destination.

Please go somewhere else? Ummmm, no.

So there.

To crime ridden, violent Phuket? In June.

By the way, how does being drawn to this forum make one a fool?

Your own words, read your posts. Hey, nothing like a bit of humble pie occasionally.

Really... What was the topic again? I thought it was about a 42 year old woman, with two children, who worked at the Hilton Arcadia and was shot for some unknown reason. But of course any crime or murder that happens here paint the whole province with the same brush in the minds of some...

Edited by Jimi007

If you want to stop the crime in Phuket, don't try to stop the public debate or the public awareness of the crime in Phuket. There is only so much you can bury under the rug before the lump is visible...thumbsup.gif

You're right, never try to stop the public debate or awareness, no matter how ill informed or prejudiced the comments (and on occasion the reporting) sometimes may be. I do find it sad though that occasionally individuals are prompted to comment, without their having either visited Phuket or having only the anecdotes of others who have, to pronounce definitive judgement on Phuket and it's society.

Are you for real? YOU are criticising people for making prejudiced comments and you are encouraging debate, yet you jump on anyone that doesn't hold the same (dare I say "prejudiced") view as you? Open your eyes man!!!

I think Thailand has lost it, to much corruption, to many fingers in the Pie. To many ex pats trying to defend the un defendable. Its becoming the murder country of the world, they don't put half of the Murders in the news papers, because it will destroy Thailands , land of smiles image, i think it lost that title a long time ago,

"To many ex pats trying to defend the un defendable."

Yes, yes, yes. The best observation of this whole thread! Well done Sir, I salute you.

• Like 2

And having given credence to his notion, you then ask when he's coming back to the place where you LIVE? Mmmmm...

• Like 1

Probably high calibre - soft nose/hollow points - no need for the second round.

Where did you get that from, Robert Ludlum? Soft nose, hollow points, sounds like you're describing one of my Retrievers.......

One of those types of rounds would have left most of her head spread across the cockpit of her car. For me, a revenge, be it work or road rage related attack, without a great deal of thought or planning, and where sheer chance she died without the person(s) responsible wanting to hang around long enough to make sure. Amateurs, not professionals.

I know what this type of ammunition can do, it's not out of a novel, and yes, the exit wound would be as you describe. Out of respect, I didn't want to post such a description myself. These rounds of ammunition are made for this reason. If they were using this type of ammunition, with a high calibre, they would know there would be no need for a second shot if the first round is to the head.

An update on the PG website states police are looking into who she may have fired as a HR manager. It also mentions that she has fired people for stealing in the past. Nothing new about that, very common here. However, if the peson she caught out is in management and has stolen large amounts of money, possibly through embezzlement, and the amount of money is large enough that it had to be reported to police, then the thief is looking at gaol time and this killing also dispenses with a witness for the prosecution. I doubt a cleaner that was fired for sneaking a bowl of rice for lunch from the kitchen would need to organise such a killing.

So, if this turns out to be the case, it was a carefully planned and premeditated killing, not a random killing or crime of passion.

That said, there were two or more people involved in the killing, one of them obviously being the driver. Even if the shooter was the "aggrieved person in their mind" - the other person/s involved were probably paid money. Thus, by definition of receiving payment for work, makes them professional.

The basic definition of a professional is below:

"A professional is a person who is paid to undertake a specialized set of tasks and to complete them for a fee."

@ jimi007

Of course "sh*t happens" anywhere in the world Jimi, but, it is happening a lot more on Phuket these days than it has in the past. Statistics show this.

Some people have the argument that crime is rising all over the world - why would Phuket be any different? My reply to that argument is "all over the world" in general, has an effective police service and judicial system. Thailand, but Phuket in particular, has a terribly corrupt police service, with many joining the police service to gain indemnity for the crimes they do, particularly bribery and extortion.

Where else in the world do the police come around to every business, once a month, and receive "protection money" (tea money) with the full knowledge and support of their superiors?

If you can afford it, you can pay money to escape justice here. Consequetly, that means Phuket really has no upholding of the law in place, with police themselves circumnavigating the Courts through "mediation" with the guilty party's lawyer.

A high profile murder such as this may be dealt with according to the law, but what about all those crimes that effect the general public on a daily basis? House breaking, vehicle theft, assaults, drug possession/dealing, bag snatches, muggings, damaging property etc etc. These crimes go relatively unpunished here. What message does that send to criminals other than, "go to Phuket for your crimes - if you are unlucky to get caught, you can pay your way out of gaol."

As Phuket doesn't have an effective public transport system, it also doesn't have an effective police service, and this is starting to show in the amount of crimes here and the violence involved.

It's not "Phuket bashing" if the issue really exists here. That said, "nuke the place" and similar comments have very little substance.

• Like 1

Phuket Police investigate ‘work conflict’ as motive for Jintana murder

Phuket Gazette -

phuketnews_Phuket_Police_believe_that_retribution_by_former_hotel_employees_for_M_20011_PQVasBwJVk_jpeg.jpg

Phuket Police believe that retribution by former hotel employees for Mrs Jintana sacking them after they were caught stealing may be the motive for her murder. Photo: Chaichana Keowkaew

PHUKET: Police are pursuing the possibility that Phuket mother-of-two Jintana Mahattanapak, may have been murdered over a conflict at work.

Mrs Jintana was executed with a single gunshot to head while waiting at traffic lights on Chao Fa West Road last night (story here).

She was the Human Resources director at the Hilton Arcadia Phuket Resort & Spa at Karon Beach, on Phuket’s west coast.

“Police believe a work conflict may be the motive for the murder Mrs Jintana murder,” Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Col Arun Kleawwatee revealed this afternoon.

Police reviewed the CCTV footage at the traffic lights, which showed Mrs Jintana on her way home from work. She was in the left lane and her car was the first car to stop at the traffic lights (map here), he explained.

“At first we saw a black pickup truck pull up in the next lane alongside her car. The truck took off before her when the traffic lights turned green. Then Mrs Jintana’s car began moving, but following the black pickup truck was a white sedan with no license plates.

“Once the sedan had reached the right position, the person sitting in the passenger seat opened fire, killing Mrs Jintana. Then her car hit the street light and stopped,” Col Arun said.

During the initial police investigation, officers learned that Mrs Jintana in her role as HR Director at the Hilton Phuket, was forced to deal with employees caught stealing from the hotel.

“She was a strict person at work. She was straight, and so some employees at the hotel lost their jobs. In a previous incident, she had to fire some employees because they were found cheating their employer. This probably caused her murder,” Col Arun added.

“However, we are continuing our investigation. Police will call in for questioning all ex-employees of the hotel. We believe the persons involved in this murder will be arrested soon,” Col Arun said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-Police-investigate-work-conflict-as-motive-for-Jintana-murder-20011.html

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2013-01-19

Well this is typical of Phuket and i might add Pataya. Maybe even in some places in Bkk and Chiang Mai - Chaing Rai. If this keeps up the police themselves should start to worry. It may start happening with them.

Why you think, the BiB's are trying, to make every (Thai) happy?

Very short local fuses, face issues, no ability, to confess to own guilt.They don't wanna get in the line of fire, methinks.