Woman Executed With Single Gunshot To Head: Phuket

webfact

This killing looks like it was carried out with a degree of "professionalism" - wouldn't you agree?

Not really. A professional would have made sure that she was dead. Only 1 round fired, through tinted glass, shooter doesn't appear to have left his vehicle so deceased vehicle door not opened to check.

LMAO!

We do have some bizarre experts on this forum....

• Like 1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is typical of Phuket and i might add Pataya. Maybe even in some places in Bkk and Chiang Mai - Chaing Rai.

Well a quick perusal of the first page of the TVF "News and Events" Chiang Mai forum shows 3/29 posts concerning a crime or death whereas the Phuket page has 21/29. You do the math.

• Like 1

Its the way people get ahead in business.

Eliminate the competition.

Yes, but it could also be from a failed relationship.

Yes, the top 2 reasons to call in the hit man - love and/or business ie money.

RIP the unlucky lady.

May be just road rage

• Like 1

This killing looks like it was carried out with a degree of "professionalism" - wouldn't you agree?

Not really. A professional would have made sure that she was dead. Only 1 round fired, through tinted glass, shooter doesn't appear to have left his vehicle so deceased vehicle door not opened to check.

LMAO!

perhaps a better professional would have known how to adjust for tented windows, or the shooter fired and realized he shot the wrong woman and fled, or the shooter was cleaning his gun and it accidently went off, or the shooter was not in the black Mitsubishi and missed his intended victim, or it was road rage, etc., ad infintim

let's have a contest to see who can come up with the most ridiculous scenario

• Like 1

The executed was driving a car which tells me she possibly was a business owner or into real estate. Most tourists don't drive.

This is really sad and I think everyone should be aware of the potential consequences of doing business in Thailand.

Personally I would never have a business here, this kind of thing just scares me. Really shocking how 'out in the open' and

in your face this can be. RIP wai2.gif

A woman driving a car must be into business or real estate? Wipe the sand from your eyes Mr. Ostrich.

If you want to stop the crime in Phuket, don't try to stop the public debate or the public awareness of the crime in Phuket. There is only so much you can bury under the rug before the lump is visible...thumbsup.gif

You're right, never try to stop the public debate or awareness, no matter how ill informed or prejudiced the comments (and on occasion the reporting) sometimes may be. I do find it sad though that occasionally individuals are prompted to comment, without their having either visited Phuket or having only the anecdotes of others who have, to pronounce definitive judgement on Phuket and it's society.

Are you for real? YOU are criticising people for making prejudiced comments and you are encouraging debate, yet you jump on anyone that doesn't hold the same (dare I say "prejudiced") view as you? Open your eyes man!!!

open your eyes mate, you have just begun to debate

Another day on the island of crime and death.

Of course, this happens at every top holiday destination in the world.

(Had to say that or this may turn into another Phuket bashing thread).

RIP poor lady.

Could be worse - you could live in New Orleans, with the highest murder rate of any city outside Latin America - with 58 murders per 100,000 population. I bet Phuket seems pretty safe compared to that.

Why aren't the US authorities doing more to clean up the murder rate? And why aren't Embassies around the world warning tourists about the high murder rate in the USA? Shocking.

What a fantastic reply to a murder that was commited in Phuket,not to mention the fascinating quotes on numbers and references to american Embassies and their {american}justice system. Cant wait for your next post

I'll tell you why. Because the crimes committed in New Orleans are mostly in black neighborhoods and black on black. New Orleans is also a corrupt city - very much so in relationship to other US cities. In many ways it could be compared to Pattaya or Phuket. Gangs, corruption, tourism etc. Too bad Katrina couldn't finish off the job properly. Been there 5 or 6 times, its a cesspool. Would never go back.

So what happened the first 4 or 5 times? Or are you a slow learner? biggrin.png

I'll tell you why. Because the crimes committed in New Orleans are mostly in black neighborhoods and black on black. New Orleans is also a corrupt city - very much so in relationship to other US cities. In many ways it could be compared to Pattaya or Phuket. Gangs, corruption, tourism etc. Too bad Katrina couldn't finish off the job properly. Been there 5 or 6 times, its a cesspool. Would never go back.

Probably like most other people. Saw the place in a slow but consistent downward spiral of crime and violence and has decided enough is enough and will never go back.

Just yesterday, my wife was driving in Prachinburi when a car came up behind her and began flashing it's lights. I assume he wanted to pass, but I wasn't there. He drove up next to her, rolled down his window, and pointed a gun at the driver's side window before driving off.

Our windows are tinted completely black (80%). We also have a very big and yellow "baby on board" sticker at the back. Needless to say, I was completely shocked when she told me the story.

Well this is typical of Phuket and i might add Pataya. Maybe even in some places in Bkk and Chiang Mai - Chaing Rai.

Well a quick perusal of the first page of the TVF "News and Events" Chiang Mai forum shows 3/29 posts concerning a crime or death whereas the Phuket page has 21/29. You do the math.

A lot has to do with reporting. Phuket has many news sources that pick up on everything. Chiang Mai reporting isn't as thorough.

Look at over the New Year period. We had 3 threads on traffic accidents in Phuket whereas nothing on the Chiang Mai forum, yet Chiang Mai had quite a few more road deaths during that period.

If you can read the Thai newspapers, you'll see that plenty of violent crime occurs all over Thailand that is not reported on these forums unless it involves tourists or expats. The exceptions seem to be the Phuket and Pattaya forums, where pretty much everything is reported.

Phuket and Pattaya obviously have their problems but it would be naive to think that violent crime is somehow unique to those areas.

Anyway we should get back to the topic of the thread. RIP.

Edited by Colonel_Mustard
  • Like 2

Just yesterday, my wife was driving in Prachinburi when a car came up behind her and began flashing it's lights. I assume he wanted to pass, but I wasn't there. He drove up next to her, rolled down his window, and pointed a gun at the driver's side window before driving off.

Our windows are tinted completely black (80%). We also have a very big and yellow "baby on board" sticker at the back. Needless to say, I was completely shocked when she told me the story.

I have no idea what "business" you, or your wife, are conducting in Thailand, only you guys know that, but the incident you describe to me sounds a lot like a "warning" in anyone's language.

The baby on board sticker, besides that a baby in your car isn't the problem of the cars behind you (Or shouldn't be), means in this country mostly, that it sits on the right front seat. Even without a sticker, it is often like that.

I also like the Nissan Teana 200. The 200 looks really like ZOO. I'm wondering, if Nissan had that in mind, with the font.

Any news about the motive, yet?

Edited by noob7

I have no idea what "business" you, or your wife, are conducting in Thailand, only you guys know that, but the incident you describe to me sounds a lot like a "warning" in anyone's language.

You and your assumptions. You also first thought that Jintana could have been killed because of a love issue. Not everyone's life is a Hollywood story with business deals gone wrong resulting in guns being drawn.

There is something called road rage that happens in every country with cars. People are known to pull out guns in the heat of the moment.

Have some decency and don't assume/openly post that you believe I'm involved in some shady business because an angry driver pulled a gun out on my wife while we were on vacation.

LMAO!

No, not an expert, bizarre or otherwise. However, in recent years there have been a number of 'assassinations' in Phuket, usually as a result of some form of business fall out. All inevitably involve the pillion rider of a motorcycle firing numerous rounds into the target's body/vehicle, and for some reason the attackers are usually from Nakhon Si Thammarat.

As we're learning today, it appears that again a motorcycle is involved and not the Triton or Vios that was quoted earlier. Again, a single shotgun round is believed to have been fired (though sadly that should have been apparent immediately from the damage to the deceased) from probably from a home made single shot weapon.

Was the lady a target? Seems like undoubtably yes. Were/are the attackers professional? All down to definition I suppose. Lets see what the next few days/weeks brings, if anything.

LMAO!

No, not an expert, bizarre or otherwise. However, in recent years there have been a number of 'assassinations' in Phuket, usually as a result of some form of business fall out. All inevitably involve the pillion rider of a motorcycle firing numerous rounds into the target's body/vehicle, and for some reason the attackers are usually from Nakhon Si Thammarat.

As we're learning today, it appears that again a motorcycle is involved and not the Triton or Vios that was quoted earlier. Again, a single shotgun round is believed to have been fired (though sadly that should have been apparent immediately from the damage to the deceased) from probably from a home made single shot weapon.

Was the lady a target? Seems like undoubtably yes. Were/are the attackers professional? All down to definition I suppose. Lets see what the next few days/weeks brings, if anything.

Well, we are now being told a shotgun, or shotgun cartridge, was used in the murder.

I looked at the photo of the hole in the car door window again There is only one hole. Shotgun cartridges have several "pellets" in them. However, there is also what they call a "brenneke slug" for shotguns, it's basically a single projectile, but for shotguns. These cartridges are for large game, military or police.

I'm thinking the only way a shotgun could be used, and only make one hole through the car door window, is with a brenneke slug, and they would not be easy to get your hands on in Thailand.

If the barrel was right against the glass, the muzzle flash would have blown all the glass out, so, I'm thinking it was a solid round.

Of course, a cartridge could have been modified by opening it up, emptying the pellets out and replacing them with one big led fishing sinker. This would have the same effect as a brenneke slug, but now were are talking about someone with some firearms and munitions experience.

Yes, there was a run of serious crimes committed by people from Nakhon Si Thammarat on Phuket. Has anyone ever been to this province?

A disturbing example of the type of outcome that 50KTHB can buy in Phuket.

Ahh, the middle of last year we had an Australian women stabbed through her heart to pay a 300 baht bar bill.

You can be killed for a lot less than 50k here.

And anywhere else in Thailand (and it must be said anywhere in the world).

Edited by Colonel_Mustard

Probably like most other people. Saw the place in a slow but consistent downward spiral of crime and violence and has decided enough is enough and will never go back.

True. I've been here nearly ten years. The consistent downward spiral of crime and violence in Phuket has crept up on me, but hopefully I see it now and it's not too late to get out.

True. I've been here nearly ten years. The consistent downward spiral of crime and violence in Phuket has crept up on me, but hopefully I see it now and it's not too late to get out.

Where to then?

A disturbing example of the type of outcome that 50KTHB can buy in Phuket.

50,000 baht will buy you that type of outcome everywhere in Thailand.

But 5 times, probably!

The killer of the journalist last year in Phuket confessed a week or so ago that he had been paid 13k for the hit.