Secret Garden Hang Dong

DaMan

I had seen the secret garden sign on my way to ban tawai but always zipped by on my motorbike. After reading the dicussing restuarant thread (which for some reason the moderators are bending over backwards to explain what does not need to be explained, if the forum stops discussing restaurants then I am out the door), I decided to drop by the place and check it out. It was late in the day so i was the only customer there. I do have to say the that it has a very pleasant environment. I sat outside in the "garden" which was nice (the wife must have designed the place). The menu was very reasonably priced. After a few beers, which the waitress poured for me in frosted glass, i had the spicy noodle, which i enjoyed. Overall, i would give it a thumbs up and go back. It is a bit out of the way so unless you live in hang dong or go to ban tawai regularly, it might be stretch. I can not see the self described "tapae road scum" getting off their asses and going there. For the area, which does not have whole lot of choices that i am aware of, it might be one of the better options. I personally am so sick of that second floor place in ban tawai, but thats another story......

I had seen the secret garden sign on my way toI do have to say the that it has a very pleasant environment.

I sat outside in the "garden" which was nice (the wife must have designed the place).

The menu was very reasonably priced.

After a few beers, which the waitress poured for me in frosted glass, i had the spicy noodle, which i enjoyed.

The "secret garden"

...If its half as good as you say its def.worth a visit........ :o

so how does it go....

I wandered lonely as a cloud

That floats on high o'er vales and hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd...................... :D

I had seen the secret garden sign on my way to ban tawai but always zipped by on my motorbike. After reading the dicussing restuarant thread (which for some reason the moderators are bending over backwards to explain what does not need to be explained, if the forum stops discussing restaurants then I am out the door), I decided to drop by the place and check it out. It was late in the day so i was the only customer there. I do have to say the that it has a very pleasant environment. I sat outside in the "garden" which was nice (the wife must have designed the place). The menu was very reasonably priced. After a few beers, which the waitress poured for me in frosted glass, i had the spicy noodle, which i enjoyed. Overall, i would give it a thumbs up and go back. It is a bit out of the way so unless you live in hang dong or go to ban tawai regularly, it might be stretch. I can not see the self described "tapae road scum" getting off their asses and going there. For the area, which does not have whole lot of choices that i am aware of, it might be one of the better options. I personally am so sick of that second floor place in ban tawai, but thats another story......

Thank you for trying the place out Da Man. My Wife was thrilled to readyour comments. Cheque's in the post :D

On the subject of Vegatarian food, It not actaully on the menu ,but my Wife just told me that many people ask for non-meat dishes which the Cook can provide. I have told her that she should really put this on the Menu, so we will sort something out in the coming week.

Learning all the time :o

Cheers

TP

Thank you for trying the place out Da Man. My Wife was thrilled to readyour comments. Cheque's in the post :D

On the subject of Vegatarian food, It not actaully on the menu ,but my Wife just told me that many people ask for non-meat dishes which the Cook can provide. I have told her that she should really put this on the Menu, so we will sort something out in the coming week.

Learning all the time :o

Cheers

TP

So, business is doing well I take it?

Business could ALWAYS be better Thaibebop

There is a whole new Mall being built behind our place, when thats finished I think we will do very well as more shops equal more visitors to the area.

We looked at many options before deciding to buy this place, but we settled on it for three reasons.

1. The Cook is brilliant and has pledged to stay with us

2. The potential growth of the area is very good

3. There will be Hotels built in the area in the next few years which will bring in even more custom. Having said that other people will see the viability of more restaurants, so we need to get established as quickly as we can and build a solid customer base.

Another big benefit is that I have a hammock round the back !!!

But then anybody that uses our place can crash in that for a few hours if they so wish !

Business could ALWAYS be better Thaibebop

There is a whole new Mall being built behind our place, when thats finished I think we will do very well as more shops equal more visitors to the area.

We looked at many options before deciding to buy this place, but we settled on it for three reasons.

1. The Cook is brilliant and has pledged to stay with us

2. The potential growth of the area is very good

3. There will be Hotels built in the area in the next few years which will bring in even more custom. Having said that other people will see the viability of more restaurants, so we need to get established as quickly as we can and build a solid customer base.

Another big benefit is that I have a hammock round the back !!!

But then anybody that uses our place can crash in that for a few hours if they so wish !

Yes, it sounds like you picked a great location. When those hotel come that might make you rich!Every place needs a hammock, wonderful invention those. I am glad to hear the good news and wish you the best of luck! :o

Sounds interesting. Where can I find this 'Secret Garden'? How far down the Ban Thawai road is it or is it actually in the middle of Ban Thawai?

Cheers

Ned, it is exactly 1 lkik down from the Hang Dong/Bann Tawai Junction on the left hand side se back 10 metres from the road, and next door to Crossroads Asia Antiques.

Hope to see you sometime

TP