Clouds

Kan Win

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You were saying, Jimmy?

attachicon.gifIMG_3447 (1000 x 562).jpg

Pagnan 2013.. There appears to be a theme with them cloudsw00t.gif

that is brilliant, looks like the michelin man giving the world the finger.

Dancealot, on another note, perhaps it is time you visit the different "film" or jpeg settings on your camera.

you should be able to make some adjustments to in camera sharpening and colour processing.

the pics all seem a little soft, and washed out, i think you could easily fiddle about a bit to give them more pop.

You were saying, Jimmy?

attachicon.gifIMG_3447 (1000 x 562).jpg

Pagnan 2013.. There appears to be a theme with them cloudsw00t.gif

that is brilliant, looks like the michelin man giving the world the finger.

Dancealot, on another note, perhaps it is time you visit the different "film" or jpeg settings on your camera.

you should be able to make some adjustments to in camera sharpening and colour processing.

the pics all seem a little soft, and washed out, i think you could easily fiddle about a bit to give them more pop.

Hmmm only thing worthwhile i could dig up was IS was set on continuous. Image stabalisation.....

another thing that would help is exposure compensation, the pic with the angry cloud man in it is over ecposed, you should be able to adjust your exposure using exposure compensation plus or minus.

I tend to always slightly underexpose, it is much easier to bring the exposure up in post than it is to fix a blown highlight.

another thing that would help is exposure compensation, the pic with the angry cloud man in it is over ecposed, you should be able to adjust your exposure using exposure compensation plus or minus.

I tend to always slightly underexpose, it is much easier to bring the exposure up in post than it is to fix a blown highlight.

So when i accidentally hit a button and an annoying --2--1--0++1++2 screen appears when i take pictures is the exposure option?

I found it AEB. Thanks!!! I also see now how i can use this option in combination with darker or lighter scenes.

I owe you 1 candypants.

Believe me I am serious.

Not really sure where to put this one - trees, nature, clouds, ... biggrin.png

Rainbow1000.jpg

I never thought rainbows as clouds.. but.. why not. It's technically made out of same material.

• 2 weeks later...

So when i accidentally hit a button and an annoying --2--1--0++1++2 screen appears when i take pictures is the exposure option?

I found it AEB. Thanks!!! I also see now how i can use this option in combination with darker or lighter scenes.

I owe you 1 candypants.

Believe me I am serious.

cheers. glad you are figuring it out, clouds at at pai is a nice image by the way

you can also play with vibrance and clarity (in programs like lightroom)

your original:

post-173096-0-42224200-1368887623_thumb.

quick edit to reduce the blown highlight a bit and push clarity and vibrance

post-173096-0-24063900-1368887639_thumb.

cheers. glad you are figuring it out, clouds at at pai is a nice image by the way

Thanks mate, and make sure next time we embark on a 'snappers delight' you can join. The next will have to be carefully planned bearing in mind everyone's personal responsibilities and availability.

This one looks like something, just not sure what.

I see the tip of a devil's trident in there.thumbsup.gif

@Candypants, my mouth fell open after your quick edit. I still dont want to post process though, because it undermines the purity of making photographs...

@ DAL.....Quote: "@Candypants, my mouth fell open after your quick edit.

" I still dont want to post process though, because it undermines the purity of making
photographs...
"

I cannot say I agree with that statement DAL, it really can improve the quality of an image, even sometimes just enhancing the contrast...

As much as we would all like to have perfect images "as shot" it don't always work that way! wink.pngwhistling.gif... so sometimes post edits are necessary in IMHO

" I still dont want to post process though, because it undermines the purity of making

photographs..."

I cannot say I agree with that statement DAL, it really can improve the quality of an image, even sometimes just enhancing the contrast...

As much as we would all like to have perfect images "as shot" it don't always work that way! wink.pngwhistling.gif... so sometimes post edits are necessary in IMHO

According to what I read, there are those who prefer their food raw as well, and I appreciate that, but personally I prefer my food to have been prepared by a good chef. I look at photography the same way.smile.png

photographs..."

I already gave him a spiel over this. biggrin.pnghttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/272081-fabianfred-hdr-photo-challenge/page-7#entry6402141

photographs..."

I already gave him a spiel over this. biggrin.pnghttp://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/272081-fabianfred-hdr-photo-challenge/page-7#entry6402141

That is a well presented and referenced post.smile.png If that can't convince someone, I suppose nothing could.wink.png

Pai 2013, Yoma Hotel swimming pool

Your photo quality is clearly improving! Nice one.

@all: Sometimes the hilarious discussion here is even better than the photos. Thanks for the laughs. :)

In respect to Tywais, Samuijimmy and VF.

I dont have the time for this! I am working 6 days a week. This is why i won't even start with photoshop.

Tywais especially, got me convinced, sure! I am still reading his thorough post and learning about the benefits. When i retire from my day job i will get into it.

Thank you,

I dont have the time for this! I am working 6 days a week. This is why i won't even start with photoshop.

Tywais especially, got me convinced, sure! I am still reading his thorough post and learning about the benefits. When i retire from my day job i will get into it.

Thank you,

That is a very valid point Dancelot. If you have not gotten into the post processing and don't have time to learn the 'tools' it can indeed take a lot of your time. I've used Photoshop and other kits for so many years now that it just takes a brief time to do appropriate enhancements.

Didn't mean to pick on you. biggrin.png

Thank you,

That is a very valid point Dancelot. If you have not gotten into the post processing and don't have time to learn the 'tools' it can indeed take a lot of your time. I've used Photoshop and other kits for so many years now that it just takes a brief time to do appropriate enhancements.

Didn't mean to pick on you. biggrin.png

You never offend me, Sirwai.gif

I just felt the need to explain to you my personal situation because i like you all.

In the mean time i will stick to RAW.

wai2.gif

that explains why your photos lack pop and sharpness.

raw is intended to be processed.

if you want to avoid post, and greatly reduce file sizes shoot jpeg.

http://www.slrlounge.com/raw-vs-jpeg-jpg-the-ultimate-visual-guide

i would suggest you seet your camera to raw + jpeg just to see what you are missing. that way you will have side by side comparisons of each and every photo

Archived