Hua Hin Fishing Lodge

UKJASE

my mate was fishing here today, and was told that they are putting the prices up

he was told the prices will be going up from 50B an hour on the small lake, to 600B a day

and prices on the specimen lake, will rise from 800B a day, to 1600B a day

also, he was told that the fishing will be limited to 9 am - 6 am

i hope this isnt true..... the Lodge is a great little fishing venue, but for a local like me who likes to pop down in the evening for a few hours, 600B is just too expensive

sad.pngblink.pngviolin.gif

More money per customer but less volume. They'll just end up with the same money but with unhappy locals.

Is that a farang price or for all? There's not many Thais who would even pay the previous 60B an hour if that place was elsewhere to be honest.

I was pretty annoyed the day I found out my wife was being charged the farang price at a local fishing park I used to visit. I decided never to visit again. Not that it was a lot of money but that you feel you are conned by the dishonest owner.

Lets hope Cha Am fishing park stays as it is!

I hope so too. I want to try it next time I go over to Thailand again. Last time shadow lake/gnao nam was so difficult at times that I considered fishing Bung samran but the 1000 baht as a tourist is annoys me.

All the UK anglers here seem pretty happy paying 5000 baht and up for gillhams and the like because compared to UK venues its cheap. They'll pay 1500 baht here for a lake that you'll be lucky to catch 1 carp in a 2 week session, chucking in lots of expensive baits. The size of the fish is a factor too. UK fish can go to 40lbs in many places but these fish are genetic freaks way above their natural weights. They can barely swim. A 10lb pacu puts up twice the fight so a catfish, siamese carp or arapaima is a dream fish.

Had often got curious about hua hin fishing lodge but if this price hike is true i guess its out, Admitted at times i do splash out on expencive venues but only 1-2 times per year,

I visited amazon bkk 2 not so long ago but although i enjoyed the day the doulble pricing concept took the edge of it, Would love to go more (maybe 1-2x pm) often but unless that changes it wont happen....i think their customer base is japaneseblink.png

I dream of catching an arapaimer on the fly on my next visit but have no idea what leader or tippet to use, Very new to fly fishing and still practice casting in the park so i kind of get the normal back forward cast without problems and just make a mess of roll casting.

Edited by tingtongfarang

Had often got curious about hua hin fishing lodge but if this price hike is true i guess its out, Admitted at times i do splash out on expencive venues but only 1-2 times per year,

I visited amazon bkk 2 not so long ago but although i enjoyed the day the doulble pricing concept took the edge of it, Would love to go more (maybe 1-2x pm) often but unless that changes it wont happen....i think their customer base is japaneseblink.png

I dream of catching an arapaimer on the fly on my next visit but have no idea what leader or tippet to use, Very new to fly fishing and still practice casting in the park so i kind of get the normal back forward cast without problems and just make a mess of roll casting.

Hey good luck TingTongFarang, I had my first ever experience of fly fishing about a year ago on a Derbyshire reservoir. Caught 3 trout on my first ever attempt which must be a bit rare. They may only be small but they go like stink. Jumping out of the water, never giving up. Much better than the English carp pound for pound. Taste good too.

I got myself the necessary tackle and watched quite a lot of videos but I found it wasn't very clear how to get the first 3 or so metres of line out on the water. I found also fishing dry flies the most difficult as that requires the most accurate presentation. Good fun though. thumbsup.gif