Night Shots, Outdoor In Thailand

Kan Win

If you don't have a cable release, the other thing you can do is set the shutter delay (the thing you normally use so you can run round and be in the photo!). Set it to two seconds, or whatever the shortest time available. Then after you press the shutter, the camera will have some time to settle down before actually taking the shot.

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first photo post here. I have been shooting for about 5 years now but usually just on holidays and then weeks or even months between shooting at home. I usually concentrate on landscape and architecture and like the use of clouds and natural light.

I had been wanting to practice long exposure times and decided to head out on an evening in Bangkok last October. Unfortunately a beer waylaid me at Bar 4. Then the rains came. And then this pic.

8o0odl3uuhys8yz2g.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

if you were on mae haad, i was just behind you over the hill towards chaloklam.

yah you just missed me one insane songkran 20 hours or so in duration, one house party to be hazily remembered and one day sick as a dog in bed.

then the sun came back out for two days and back to Bangkok.

10 days well spent, but anything shy of a month is painful

if you were on mae haad, i was just behind you over the hill towards chaloklam.

yah you just missed me one insane songkran 20 hours or so in duration, one house party to be hazily remembered and one day sick as a dog in bed.

then the sun came back out for two days and back to Bangkok.

10 days well spent, but anything shy of a month is painful

Mae haad it was....thumbsup.gif

A little flash fill in would help in a shot like that DAL

blink.png ? Yes how do i get rid of the too bright street lights?

The flash won't care about a faster shutter speed.

Experiment to where you are happy with the ambient light then add flash.

A little flash fill in would help in a shot like that DAL

blink.png ? Yes how do i get rid of the too bright street lights?

The flash won't care about a faster shutter speed.

Experiment to where you are happy with the ambient light then add flash.

Thanks, indeed, you cannot give a detailed answer because every situation varies. You are right.

So much experimenting to do..thumbsup.gif

Dancelot: That looks like you have traffic in the river?

What are those red lights?

Wonderful you ask!

It looks like a car doesn't it. It is in fact a taxi boat carrying motorbike across with red lights in the back and white in the front.

The long stripe was a farang party boat.

thumbsup.gif

Dancelot: That looks like you have traffic in the river?

What are those red lights?

Wonderful you ask!

It looks like a car doesn't it. It is in fact a taxi boat carrying motorbike across with red lights in the back and white in the front.

The long stripe was a farang party boat.

thumbsup.gif

I'll ask a favour in return. How did you mount your cam and take your last bkk shot? I dont suppose they allow tripods on the BTS?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both very much. It's quite funny that I learn from this forum, which of my pictures are good and which are not so good. Personally I can not always tell smile.png

Very cool indeed!

I think it's important to have faith and trust in yourself so you are able to appreciate this. And of course share your passion with others.

For example while watching the pictures i get to re-live the atmosphere when this kid from my village is getting shaped up for the next match.

post-70928-0-05492500-1368806837_thumb.j post-70928-0-59271600-1368807011_thumb.j post-70928-0-84250100-1368807053_thumb.j

Please use the Like button,

or refer to a poster with @name in the Reply box at the bottom if the page.

Rather than using Quote button

and causing the whole photo to be reposted

Thanks

Please use the Like button,

or refer to a poster with @name in the Reply box at the bottom if the page.

Rather than using Quote button

and causing the whole photo to be reposted

Thanks

Problem is many of us run out of likes. w00t.gif .... can we have a larger allowance of like buttons!.... pretty please!!! ..... Not even sure how many we have now, per day, but they frequently run out especially on this forum... sad.png

DAL said in a Pm last night that one gets new likes after three hours.... (is he special? biggrin.pngbah.gif ) .... Seems I have to wait 12 hours sad.png

One thing, one can do when replying to a post for those of us using Picasa, you can delete the photo in the reply.... I for one do try to do that... when I remember..blink.pngbiggrin.png

@ Astral, i understand this is in order to keep the thread clean. Oilinky's shot is AMAZING, though! But 4 times reposting is too much.

@ Jimmy, You quoted him again, unnecessarily.laugh.png

go back to bed .... or go prancealot on the tulips biggrin.png .... I did not post with a picture! rolleyes.gifwhistling.giftongue.png

Ahhhh, back to the thread at last thumbsup.gif

Shame that Dancealot's Chatsila Night Market Hua Hin 2013 was so ......................blink.png

However to get you on the right path Shootalot a couple of mine from Chaing Mai Night Market

Photo taken in 2008

large.jpg

and was this one also

large.jpg

The photos are as they were taken only re-sized.

Win thumbsup.gif

Well a few folks, in Kan, were asking me about the "Northern Lights in Thailand" and where Kan they see them. So I pointed them to here:-

large.jpg

Chiang Mai, where else, The Night Bazzar. tongue.png

Win w00t.gif

Archived