Beer In Thailand

Kan Win

Hi Folks,

We all have seen beers sold around this good country, so please post your very best beer photo.

One photo per post please.

Three beers in one shot. burp.gif

Please name them passifier.gif

large.jpg

Win drunk.gif

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Beer and Heineken in one post???? I think the OP is off topic.

No I was not Thank you very much, as I had Singha in me glass so there tongue.png and Hein was on the mat w00t.gif Beer Mat that is whistling.gif

Cheers folks drunk.gif

A very Happy Chinese New Year to you all wai.gif

and a happy new beer as well from me and me mouse

large.jpg

The photo is a little bit list burp.gif, mouse looks good, but never mind tongue.png

Win drunk.gif

I was riding my scooter around pretty much aimlessly, like I often enjoy to do.

I got to Koh Sire, which is connected to the Phuket island with an bridge.

I ended up to an rugged village, where people did not look like traditional Thais, not even the Muslim Thais, we have here in the south. This was an sea gypsy village. They live nomad life and get their livings from the sea.

There was also an Japanese film grew doing documentary of the people and village. They explained to me that sea gypsies are people who really have big hearts. They love to have fun.

As the sun was setting down, I had not doubts about the statement. There were older people dancing, drinking and fooling around.

This picture is from a place where younger sea gypsies go for parties. The lady with the glass tried to get me to join to their party. She even was coming towards to me to get me to the table, but I had to politely decline the offer.

Altogether after riding for hours on places where tourists do not visit, I got invited at least to 5 different drinking parties. Even Phuket have some genuine thainess,one just have to get away from the beaten path.

This is not beer related, but having fun.. kids learning to dance at the sea gypsy village.

On the contrary Mr. Oilinky. If you would have accepted the beer , your report would be, not the same.

Many thanks for your special report right here. Your post is beerly related. Not only because of your story but the 2 Leo's in the front and the 6 Changs in the back on the first excellent pic.

Here a freshly cooked pad thai with the big noodles i love so much.

post-70928-0-30632900-1360462596_thumb.j

Sukhotai 2012.

I also posted this picture because someone posted a picture with so much beer in it there was barely room left in the frame of the picture to reveal the well intended contribution of several chewed off chopsticks in the food photography section.

Kan Dancewai.gif

Can you get Guinness in a bottle or can in Thailand. If so where?

It used to be available in some of the stores. But since the past year or two, AFAIK, it's vanished from the stores. Something about a distribution deal.

Although somewhat inexplicably, it's still pretty widely available on tap and maybe even cans or bottles from various of the farang pubs around BKK.

Last time I bought some, it was in Phnom Penh and it was, as best as I recall, the Malaysian variety, which I think is the same "foreign extra" variety shown in the photo above. See the first photo below.

Archived